Assassin's Creed IV Wii U Version Won't Get Any DLC

Pages PREV 1 2

MetalDooley:

Dragonbums:
Wait...so wouldn't that mean they cut out game content from the base game to share as piecemeal DLC?

Wouldn't be the first time.AC2 had 2 chapters cut from the game and sold later as DLC

OT:One one hand this is bad for Wii U owners(of which I am one now although I probably would have got this on 360 anyway seeing as I played all the others there)

One the other hand it's not as bad as what Warner Bros are doing with Arkham Origins

My main issue is that they make it so blasted obvious. It's completely world breaking to go wherever the hell you want in a realistic world like this only to run into a grey area saying "you can't go there unless you pay more money" Just...exclude that area all together. Make an invisible wall or something.

As for Arkham Origins...isn't that the one where they said no multiplayer, but they also dropped the price tag down by $10.00?

Dragonbums:
My main issue is that they make it so blasted obvious. It's completely world breaking to go wherever the hell you want in a realistic world like this only to run into a grey area saying "you can't go there unless you pay more money" Just...exclude that area all together. Make an invisible wall or something.

As for Arkham Origins...isn't that the one where they said no multiplayer, but they also dropped the price tag down by $10.00?

As I recall AC2 didn't have the areas greyed out but it did have some nonsense where the game told you that those particular memories are glitched and were currently inaccessible.Slightly better perhaps but still smacked of money grabbing

As for Origins yes that's exactly it.I realise they're charging a cheaper price but they're still denying Wii U owners content that everyone else gets.At least with AC4 the future DLC is optional but this is WB cutting a chunk out of the game and saying "tough shit if you want to play the multiplayer then you need to buy it on another system".At the very least they could release the multiplayer as a paid download on the Eshop and give Wii U owners the option of whether they want to buy it or not

Seeing as the Wii-U still ties all online purchases to the console, I don't see why you'd want to buy any DLC.

Maybe Ubisoft realizes this too.

Terramax:

Ponyholder:

Soviet Heavy:

Nope, considering I wasn't going to buy it anyways. All this does if confirm by belief that Ubisoft are a bunch of assholes.

Yea, pretty much. I mean they already developed the game for the Wii U, why would they not release the DLC? It makes no sense to me.

Er, because they don't find it commercially viable? Just a thought.

EDIT: To clarify, not many people own a Wii U. Is it viable to program the extra DLC is hardly anyone will likely download it?

The coding isn't that different and would hardly take that much time as they already know how to code on the Wii U as evidence that they are releasing the full game on it. I have a lot of CompSci buddies that work alongside Game Design majors here and they all say that there really isn't any reason why they can't add the DLC to the Wii U, even if it is at a later date.

This is coming from them, as I am a terrible coder I can't tell if this is bullshit or not, and I quote, "The Wii U doesn't really have that much difference in its coding structure than any other current gen system out right now. Even if they used the majority of the architecture and base structure of the code used on the new systems, this still shouldn't be a problem as they have had years and years of experience. Quite frankly this is just lazy excuse to not program. If a second year code monkey can do it, they have zero excuse to not do it."

Caiphus:

Forgive me, but isn't that what they did with [insert AAA video game released in the past three years]?

AC2 was pretty definite, though. I mean, the two cut chapters counted towards 100% completion and such up until people threw a fit and they patched them out. I mean, we can accuse a lot of games, but this was an unusually strong case.

Zachary Amaranth:

AC2 was pretty definite, though. I mean, the two cut chapters counted towards 100% completion and such up until people threw a fit and they patched them out. I mean, we can accuse a lot of games, but this was an unusually strong case.

Fair enough. My mind drifted back to Dragon Age Origins with the DLC salesman at your camp. Fun stuff.

So the 'full experience' IS all the DLC tacked on. I had almost forgotten why I hated most DLC.

Tbh, Wii U-sers get no sympathy from me, because I think they're better off without it. It's like telling someone they're not allowed to cut off their own fingers. Hooray for no DLC.

Caiphus:

Fair enough. My mind drifted back to Dragon Age Origins with the DLC salesman at your camp. Fun stuff.

Ahh, yes. That was a pretty dubious case, too. And part of why I'm skeptical of DLC, period.

Chaos James:
Well, I don't think I'll pick up that AC3 DLC I've been meaning to on my Wii U. I mean, it looked fun, but I think I'll avoid Ubisoft DLC from now on. Might pick up Black Flag if it goes on sale sometime or wait for the price to drop naturally, as I'm just not that enthused about it anymore.

mirage202:
I'd say yes it would change my decision if not for two reasons.

1/ I don't own a Wii U

2/ Just like AC3 I'm not getting AC4. It's that same BS of having to buy 6 copies on 3 platforms to get 1 full game with all the pre-order DLC bits. (numbers not exact for the nit picking apologists)

I want to be a nit picking apologist, it sounds cool!

Sadly, I completely agree, AC is now just ridiculously fragmented and I don't have the patience or concentration span to nitpick. :(

First off, I highly doubt the Wii U is a viable platform still especially for next gen games like AC4. Second off there's only one demographic for people to own a Wii U (That I am aware of). Kids. No Adult that I've seen have said. "Let's go buy one!" Nintendo has gone down hill quite a bit since It's release. So when you see it on a next gen console don't knock it. AC4 is still going to be a fun game. DLC's aside.

Speaking of, What's all this hatred towards Downloadable content recently? We all knew what they we're going into it. And sometimes they're actually quite good. (If a tad cliche) And I don't mind shelling out a few extra $ to pay for "Quality" software.

It's not Ubisoft's fault. Nintendo has been really ass about 3rd party games' DLC.

Stillgard:
First off, I highly doubt the Wii U is a viable platform still especially for next gen games like AC4. Second off there's only one demographic for people to own a Wii U (That I am aware of). Kids. No Adult that I've seen have said. "Let's go buy one!" Nintendo has gone down hill quite a bit since It's release. So when you see it on a next gen console don't knock it. AC4 is still going to be a fun game. DLC's aside.

Speaking of, What's all this hatred towards Downloadable content recently? We all knew what they we're going into it. And sometimes they're actually quite good. (If a tad cliche) And I don't mind shelling out a few extra $ to pay for "Quality" software.

First off, they're putting the game on the Wii U already. Obviously it's viable enough for the game, so there's no reason it's not viable for the DLC.
Second off, your ignorance is irrelevant to the matter at hand (or the facts).

Ponyholder:

Terramax:

Ponyholder:

Yea, pretty much. I mean they already developed the game for the Wii U, why would they not release the DLC? It makes no sense to me.

Er, because they don't find it commercially viable? Just a thought.

EDIT: To clarify, not many people own a Wii U. Is it viable to program the extra DLC is hardly anyone will likely download it?

The coding isn't that different and would hardly take that much time as they already know how to code on the Wii U as evidence that they are releasing the full game on it. I have a lot of CompSci buddies that work alongside Game Design majors here and they all say that there really isn't any reason why they can't add the DLC to the Wii U, even if it is at a later date.

This is coming from them, as I am a terrible coder I can't tell if this is bullshit or not, and I quote, "The Wii U doesn't really have that much difference in its coding structure than any other current gen system out right now. Even if they used the majority of the architecture and base structure of the code used on the new systems, this still shouldn't be a problem as they have had years and years of experience. Quite frankly this is just lazy excuse to not program. If a second year code monkey can do it, they have zero excuse to not do it."

That's all well and good, but it still doesn't prove if it's commercially viable or not.

Kwil:

Stillgard:

First off, they're putting the game on the Wii U already. Obviously it's viable enough for the game, so there's no reason it's not viable for the DLC.
Second off, your ignorance is irrelevant to the matter at hand (or the facts).

Kwii, Please get off your moral high horse. I was not stating fact it just seemed like a bad idea for ubisoft to put it on a system as bad as the Wii U. But hey if Ubisoft want's to spread out to that crowd as well more power too em. (Wish Rockstar would do that) *cough*

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here