"The Most Realistic Gaming Gun Ever" Due Christmas 2013

"The Most Realistic Gaming Gun Ever" Due Christmas 2013

Delta Six's Kickstarter brought you this gun case and orange barrel tip.

"It doesn't get any more real than this," says Delta Six's Mission Statement, "the aim, the feel, the thrill." The case, the orange barrel tip, and so on; all of which is due Christmas 2013, and can be pre-ordered now, if you're feeling keen and want a $55 saving on the sticker price. Its Kickstarter did well - almost doubling its $100,000 crowdfunding goal - and current generation console gamers, as well as PC players, can enjoy their toy as soon as it launches. Next generation console functionality will be patched in at a later date.

If you're wondering how it's done, game play is simple enough. Tap the magazine to reload, and swing the stock to melee. If you lean your head down towards the scope, the screen zooms in on your target, and there's real recoil, for those of you who just can't stand that fake rubber-band-powered recoil a moment longer.

"As expected, the Delta Six is so realistic, it has become a lightning rod for delusional critics looking to place blame on mass murders," says the Delta Six team, which sounds a bit like it's trying too hard. But it doesn't apologize for delivering the most realistic and immersive gun controller on the market, which is jolly decent of them. One might almost call it spiffing. There isn't an exact shipping date; December, "just in time for the holidays," is as far as Delta Six is prepared to go.

Source: Delta Six

no thanks,

I'll stick with a controller, or even better, a mouse/keyboard combo. Controllers that try to increase the realism usually have worse control fidelity the standard controllers. When i play a game, i never want to fight against the controller.

i litterally had to go looking because i couldnt work out for the life of me how you moved in game with it.

ive got no interest in it and frankly i doubt it would make it through australian customs actually

Wait..... did he put on a suppressor to snipe a guy in the middle of an active war-zone?

Considering the NES blaster had to be made orange because the grey model looked too much like a real gun for police comfort, I don't see this doing very well. I am personally looking forward to some twat getting shot because he put black electrical tape over the orange part and tried to rob a 711 with the "most realistic" light gun to date.

Looks cool and I do miss the old namco light guns but $300 or so is WAAAYYY too much for me to be interested. For that I could get PS move, a gun shaped holder for the controller, and probably just about every compatible game currently available. For that much I may even be able to get an old second hand Point Blank arcade machine.

I would rather not look/ feel like a tool playing my video games thanks. Also I HATED Golden eye for the wii and I can't imagine this being much better.

I don't want "realistic" I want "best"

That's a seriously shit advert.

Lono Shrugged:
I would rather not look/ feel like a tool playing my video games thanks.

Yyyyyyyyyyeah, that's my first thought looking at that video. Like, Oh my God, how much of a jackass would I feel like if someone saw me?

i stick whit my mouse for aiming. thank you.

Looking at the game through the sight of a toy gun just breaks immersion. I don't see the point of trying to make it realistic.

Unless it's made out of steel, recoils, and produces the correct smell after being fired, it will never be close to realistic.

While I don't sign onto the "video games cause gun violence" idea, but who is going to buy this? Everyone is already used to traditional controllers and using it makes anyone walking in on your thinking you're the next Lanza, even if you decidedly aren't. There's a reason why the guns at the arcade don't look or act realistic at all, and are painted wacky fun colors.

Thanks but if I want to hold a gaming gun I'll just go down to boardwalk arcade and play Time Crisis 3

Lono Shrugged:
I would rather not look/ feel like a tool playing my video games thanks. Also I HATED Golden eye for the wii and I can't imagine this being much better.

I don't want "realistic" I want "best"

And they couldn't even make the commercial look realistic

Benni88:

Weakest sell I've seen since SimCity online.

That trailer is so stupid, I'd be embarrassed to own that thing. It's just a stupid gimmick, but the trailer made it so much worse for me.

Eh, mouse and keyboard still trump this and the cheesy warzone in the halfway point was ridiculous.

How do they mimic real recoil though? I highly doubt it matches the recoil of an actual firearm. Not even close I'd imagine.

If I'm going to use a replica gun and pretend I'm in a real battle, I'll just stick to airsoft. At least with that I wouldn't look like a complete moron.

DugMachine:
How do they mimic real recoil though? I highly doubt it matches the recoil of an actual firearm. Not even close I'd imagine.

The army has training rifles just like this, but they use a air compressor to create the recoil. It has the exact same dimensions and recoil force as an actual rifle, but you can tell how fake it is. This looks like it uses a electric motor on a ram near the butt stock to give a tiny push.

fact is not every round is the same, brass temperature can cause the powder to burn faster or slower, and sometimes there is more or less powder entirely.

This?

This is a waste of money, full stop.

It's every gamers duty, nay, right to point and laugh at any idiot that buys this thinking it's a good controller.

Benni88:

I'd say as far as adverts for silly gimmicks goes its pretty standard.
You know being shit.

Ne1butme:
no thanks,

I'll stick with a controller, or even better, a mouse/keyboard combo. Controllers that try to increase the realism usually have worse control fidelity the standard controllers. When i play a game, i never want to fight against the controller.

^This. Also, that's one of the worst ads for such a thing I've seen. Play a real game, watching him "play" a directed scene is uninformative and stupid, and that's ignoring the fact the guy sucks as an actor (or that's one of the worst scripts ever, I'm guessing both).

Also, "it doesn't get any more real than this"? Yeah, I prefer using a keyboard/mouse (or a controller if I must) that I don't look at, than holding a plastic assault rifle and pulling out a gun or a knife in the game, that's about as unrealistic as it gets :P

Karloff:
Tap the magazine to reload, and swing the stock to melee. If you lean your head down towards the scope, the screen zooms in on your target

Yep, because all of that is way quicker than moving your finger an inch and pressing a button. Perhaps there a fetish out there where people enjoy dying a lot in online shooters, because this seems tailor-made for them...

And as for that advert...? Aside from it being completely terrible, it sends entirely the wrong message about gaming, and one that we're trying to distance ourselves from. Faux Snooze is going to have a field day when they finally stumble across this.

Looks terrible. One, I think a standard controller would probably be easier to use. Two, your arms are bound to get tired over an hour+ play session, and three better hope you don't get "SWAT'ed" while playing a game with that thing.

does the dirty face come as a bonus?

like some bloke who throws mud at your face whenever a grenade lands near you and you just cant find the throw back button hidden in this gigantic plastic toy gun that is so big, you wont even be able to hide it properly thus making you wish people would rather look at an unwashed giant dildo stuck in an recently used fleshlight with lots of offensive scratching grafittis on it rather than this gimicky piece of trash...

did i mention how utterly ridiculous it is and looks?

anyways, i guess the frat boys need this with their similar useless ARAIG Gaming Impact Vest.

Can't wait for their other "hyper=realistic" game add-ons such as the exploding entrails catapult with the authentic stench of open bowels, the blood fountain squirter that sprays you with the very realistic fake blood of your enemies, and the shriek box, that serenades you with the manic screams of the dying. PTSD therapy not included. So sick of these cheap gimmicks designed by and for people who've never seen a real battlefield.

It makes me wonder how that vest thing is cleaned when it is caked with sweat on the inside.

I think I may have pulled a muscle in my face from going from maximum cringe to maximum laughter.

How long before some idiot decides to chop off the orange tip and try to rob a bank with one of these things? Bad idea, bad product, stupid advert, and reaffirming a stereotype most gamers would like to get away from.

wombat_of_war:
i litterally had to go looking because i couldnt work out for the life of me how you moved in game with it.

ive got no interest in it and frankly i doubt it would make it through australian customs actually

Did you... figure it out? Because i don't see any buttons or anything on it.

Anyways, I'm interested in controllers like this because I want to eventually get an oculus rift and I think it would be weird to control a game with a keyboard and mouse or a controller when you're seeing it in a literal first person perspective, but this one in particular looks pretty meh.

The trailer made it look even douchier than painting a nerf gun black, replacing the dart tips with thumb tacks and shooting at people going by with it.

Yea, I really want to tire up a sweat and stand when I play my first person shooters.

"REALISM GUYS!" Yeah..no thanks, I'd rather sit in my chair.

snekadid:
Wait..... did he put on a suppressor to snipe a guy in the middle of an active war-zone?

That's what bugged me the most about this advert. Once he put on the suppressor I figured it was seguing into another game, perhaps Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid. Nope, right back into the open field, already filled with the sounds of gunfire and exploding grenades.

I mean the rest of it was pretty meh as well, but that just bugged the hell out of me.

It looks interesting.

That's about all I can say about it.

Psychobabble:
Can't wait for their other "hyper=realistic" game add-ons such as the exploding entrails catapult with the authentic stench of open bowels, the blood fountain squirter that sprays you with the very realistic fake blood of your enemies, and the shriek box, that serenades you with the manic screams of the dying. PTSD therapy not included. So sick of these cheap gimmicks designed by and for people who've never seen a real battlefield.

Indeed the glorification of violence is wonderful. It does not make me sick at all, for games to be sold as realistic as possible. Not at all.

I'm not the target audience, I know that. However this just seems like a bad, stupid idea.

We won't have true realism until we have an accessory that squirts blood and brains on you when you make a point-blank head shot. (And makes you lose control of your bowels when somebody kills you).

Evil Smurf:

Psychobabble:

Indeed the glorification of violence is wonderful. It does not make me sick at all, for games to be sold as realistic as possible. Not at all.

I'm not the target audience, I know that. However this just seems like a bad, stupid idea.

Oh but I'm sure it's a boon for the military. I see this bringing a new crop of cannon fodder from kids who were brought up thinking war is just a fun game adults play.

spwatkins:
We won't have true realism until we have an accessory that squirts blood and brains on you when you make a point-blank head shot. (And makes you lose control of your bowels when somebody kills you).

Yeah. What I say they do is wire that vest thingy with the labor pains simulator that was in the news a few months back. "Want to see how painful a bullet to the abdomen is every time you get "shot" by the enemy? Now you'll know. Enjoy the heart stopping agony, asshole." Gee, aren't "totally realistic" war games fun.

Aside from all the other points where realism gets beaten with a baseball bat, that's not supposed to be the *realistic* way to pull a trigger on a real-life firearm AFAIK.

So they're lying, their gun looks like a toy and the trailer is a pile of crap. The way I see it, nobody's gonna accuse this of school shootings because someone would have to buy it first.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.