Official GTA V iFruit Companion App Launches for Android

Official GTA V iFruit Companion App Launches for Android

iFruit - Main

This one's not a scam.

The iFruit companion app for Grand Theft Auto 5, which was available for iOS devices on launch, is now finally, available for Android users on the Google Play store. Earlier versions of the app which had previously popped up on the Play store turned out to just be thinly-veiled scams, but this time it's the real deal. The app works for both smartphones and tablets, and is completely free to download.

The app itself contains a handful of mini-games that can actually effect your in-game progress. In "Los Santos Customs," players can customize their cars, including license plates. In "Chop the Dog," players can care for the titular Chop, by doing things like cleaning up after him and training him. In response, Chop's behavior in the main GTA 5 game will change by becoming more responsive to Franklin and helping him find hidden treasures.

Companion apps for games are becoming more and more common, especially as the smartphone saturation rate gets higher. Both the Xbox One and PS4 are touting "second screen capabilities" with smartphone integration, that we are already seeing future titles like Battlefield 4 and Dead Rising 3 take advantage of.

Will the iFruit app help you out as you romp through Los Santos, or is this a case of too little, too late? Personally, I'm holding out for the inevitable PC version of the game, so it'll be nice to have the app ready and waiting for me when I play.

Source: Google Play

gasp *go to download app* Not compatible with your phone *cry*

Could i get one that just lets me to the car customization, i don't give a shit about training chop.

Thanks, R*, but I finished your game like a month ago. Next time why not sync the release of your gimmicky app with the release of the game?

Furism:
Thanks, R*, but I finished your game like a month ago. Next time why not sync the release of your gimmicky app with the release of the game?

Next time, why not just include this crap ingame?

Not calling the app "Badger" or "Eyefind" was a big missed opportunity.

Furism:

Exactly.
This would have been handy when I was playing the game.

And just in time for me to not give a shit.

I'll go back to GTAV at some point, so maybe I'll use it, but I cannot understand why they couldn't have released this at launch.

captcha - get over it

You're right captcha, I'm just being bitter.

Furism:

They did--for Apple users.

And that's the part that bugs me. The only thing I care about is a custom plate, and it seems like everything even resembling a word has been taken.

Rossco64:

Next time, why not just include this crap ingame?

Then how would they get people to download their shitty extra content?

The first thing I did when I saw this was out was download it and try to claim the plate I wanted. Thankfully, my license plate wasn't taken. I may have been at an advantage by being on PS3, though, as I suspect it's the less popular platform for this game.

P.S. Thanks

I'll just wait for the PC version.

Huh... 241MB big and not compatible with my Droid Bionic.

Well... good try, Rockstar.

What a strangely specific way to arrange fruit in a bowl for their icon. At first I thought it was a joke since it looks like, to me anyway, a man's hoo-ha and family jewels rising up out of the bowl but maybe it's just me.

Kuala BangoDango:
What a strangely specific way to arrange fruit in a bowl for their icon. At first I thought it was a joke since it looks like, to me anyway, a man's hoo-ha and family jewels rising up out of the bowl but maybe it's just me.

I'm pretty sure that's the joke.

Oh cool that thing is finally out! Now I can enjoy the greatness of gta 5 on my phone aaaannnd.... does not work.

Covarr:
The first thing I did when I saw this was out was download it and try to claim the plate I wanted. Thankfully, my license plate wasn't taken. I may have been at an advantage by being on PS3, though, as I suspect it's the less popular platform for this game.

P.S. Thanks

I got one first try (360), but four hours later and it's still not showing up in-game, after following the instructions.

So it's been like six hours now, and nothing.

Thanks, Obama!

MinionJoe:
I'll just wait for the PC version.

By then, the app might be functional!

Quiotu:

Its compatibility is quite limited. It's almost like they want us NOT to use it.

So apparently the app is not compatible with my country. I find this both amusing and annoying

werewolfsfury:

Kuala BangoDango:

I'm pretty sure that's the joke.

It's not you. Most of their logos are like this.

Quiotu:

whaaaat? 241 MB? I can play whole san andreas for a similar size on android! this is ridiculous, have they built a new game in there or something.
also it seems most people cant evne use it due to compactability issues, so rockstar failed miserably. i wonder how much apple paid them for exclusivity?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here