Fallout 4 Teaser Sites Broadcasts Ominous New Message

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fallout 4 Teaser Sites Broadcasts Ominous New Message

Fallout 4 countdown

The teaser site at thesurvivor2299.com is sporting a few changes, including a new message in morse code.

Thesurvivor2299.com went live earlier this month with a familiar symbol, a brief morse code broadcast and, a little later, a countdown timer. The assumption was, and is, that it's a Fallout 4 teaser site, but as always there's a question of its legitimacy. The domain registration seemed a little bit hinky and you may recall the "Alien Noire" countdown from earlier this year that teased a Prey 2 reveal but turned out to be an elaborate fan site.

Legit or not, the countdown is ticking away, and the site has seen some changes over the past few days. The main clock is now accompanied by a separate countdown and message warning that "Nuclear winter is coming" (and yes, you may feel free to make Game of Thrones jokes in the comments) and the morse code message has changed as well. It now says, "OZ De SZ Msg + EF Is Hit II EF Is Hit K," over and over, which doesn't make a lot of sense on its face but nonetheless bears a certain ominous quality.

At first I thought EF might be Echo Foxtrot, a location from Fallout 3, but it seemed too small and obscure to warrant a mention in any kind of broadcast. In the ongoing "The Survivor 2299 Speculation and Hype Megathread" on Reddit, they posit that OZ, SZ and EF represent other locations and that the message thus translates into, "Bridgeport this is Concord - Quabbin is hit - repeat - Quabbin is hit." All three locations are in the New England area of the U.S., which corresponds to the Commonwealth region in the Fallout universe and dovetails nicely with the non-U.S. date format of the original coded message.

There's still no confirmation that this is an actual Fallout 4 teaser site but as one Reddit commenter put it, if it is a hoax, whoever's behind it is a genius. The Survivor 2299 countdown timer will hit zero on December 11 - perhaps not coincidentally, the same day as the Spike VGX Awards - but the warning of nuclear winter says it will arrive ten days earlier, on the afternoon of December 1. Might be something worth keeping an eye on.

Source: The Survivor 2299

If it is a hoax, it's a damn good one.

If it isn't, well... I better get my Yao Guai Ushanka out, we're going on an adventure...

Has anyone deciphered (what I assume) the morse code?

Renegade-pizza:
Has anyone deciphered (what I assume) the morse code?

From the post:
the morse code message has changed as well. It now says, "OZ De SZ Msg + EF Is Hit II EF Is Hit K," over and over, which doesn't make a lot of sense on its face but nonetheless bears a certain ominous quality.

This is going to be the Mass Effect three reveal all over again. By the time of Spike's VGAs when the trailer's world wide reveal is shown all the codes will add up to is a hoax of misdirection as Bethesda will probably be using the same bloody enhanced gamebryo engine they always use.

Still going to buy the game and what ever consoles my friends have to play it though fallout3 was the first game I had for Xbox and even if New Vegas was better I can't wait to get back to some wasteland.\

I just can't care about this count down or the reveal.

Meaning could be this ""Bridgeport this is Concord -Message- Quabbin is hit - I repeat - Quabbin is hit"

Found it here http://guardianlv.com/2013/11/fallout-4-conjecture-caesars-legion-desmond-lockheart-and-survivor-2299-code-breakdowns/?shared=email&msg=fail

Any thoughts?

So, if it is real, it's starting to sound like a prequel of sorts to everything that's happened already. Perhaps we'll be right in the thick of it? That would be a change of pace to be certain, but not one I'm opposed to.

Nevermind all solved in OP.

Hope its not a fake.

holy crap!

the Morse code has changed
"E T 314 7 EMRG MSG NEW YORK STAGE 7 WASHINGTON STAGE 7 LOS ANGELES STAGE 7 AUSTIN STAGE 7 CHICAGO STAGE 7 NEW ORLEAN STAGE 7 LAS VEGAS UNKNOWN MIAMI STAGE 7 DALLAS STAGE 7 DENVER STAGE 7 SAN DIEGO STAGE 7 SAN FRANCISCO STAGE 7 BOSTON CRA UNIT BST 314 7"

CRA stands for Charles River Associates!

"Nuclear Winter is coming" !! Come on ! They stole my line frome the previous post i made !!

if it is a legitimate teaser i do hope the game isnt made with the skyrim engine.

as for the 2299.. a couple of decades after fallout new vegas maybe?

Nuclear winter is coming? I guess we'll know for sure if it is better or worse than walking the Mohave.

Skyrim was all covered in snow, now the Fallout world will be all covered in snow...
Guys, I see a pattern here...

Andy Chalk:
"Nuclear winter is coming"

Clearly this is an official Game of Thrones/Fallout IP medley, a la Aliens vs. Predator. After the nukes dropped during The Winds of Winter (spoiler!) the timeline split into two realities: one is A Dream of Spring, the other is Fallout 4. With the world little more than a Song of Fire and Cancer-Causing Radiation, the Greyghouls and the Super Lannisters fight to gain control of the Gusty Throne, a +1 rad/sec chair made of discarded robot arms. As George R.R. Martin has decided to write the script himself, with Bethesda handling development, an extremely buggy version of the game (that will only represent half of the story) is expected to launch with PlayStation 5.

OK, so as much as I want this to be the real deal, I have to maintain some skepticism.

I am not a violent person by nature (well, outside of video games, of course), but if this turns out to be a hoax, the perpetrator(s) must be hunted down and severely thrashed.

That is all.

Mike Kayatta:

Andy Chalk:
"Nuclear winter is coming"

Clearly this is an official Game of Thrones/Fallout IP medley, a la Aliens vs. Predator. After the nukes dropped during The Winds of Winter (spoiler!) the timeline split into two realities: one is A Dream of Spring, the other is Fallout 4. With the world little more than a Song of Fire and Cancer-Causing Radiation, the Greyghouls and the Super Lannisters fight to gain control of the Gusty Throne, a +1 rad/sec chair made of discarded robot arms. As George R.R. Martin has decided to write the script himself, with Bethesda handling development, an extremely buggy version of the game (that will only represent half of the story) is expected to launch with PlayStation 5.

All I have to say is, mate, that was brilliant. I have no idea what to make of the website, but I hope to hear something soon.

Anyone else find it really catchy?

Look, I really want a Fallout 4, I really do. But...

... I also really want this to be all fake. The amount of hype that is going into this is incredibly silly. It's got me curious, sure, and I won't lie, I find it kind of fun. But it's just a tad much, what with the countdown clock and all. To see this turn out as a hoax will have me roaring with laughter for hours on end! The amount of rage and disappointment will be hilarious!

Does that make me a bad person?

Lerola:
Skyrim was all covered in snow, now the Fallout world will be all covered in snow...

I do hope they take the opportunity of including a Ghoul faction ("No, I told you, we're Draugr...") rebuilding a ship named Naglfar, tasking you to collect nails for them.

4173:
Nuclear winter is coming? I guess we'll know for sure if it is better or worse than walking the Mohave.

Imagine the NCR sending a recon unit there.

NCR Trooper, pouring snow from his boot: "Well, that'll learn me to keep my trap shut..."

War Penguin:

... I also really want this to be all fake. The amount of hype that is going into this is incredibly silly. It's got me curious, sure, and I won't lie, I find it kind of fun. But it's just a tad much, what with the countdown clock and all. To see this turn out as a hoax will have me roaring with laughter for hours on end! The amount of rage and disappointment will be hilarious!

No, but truth be told, if you genuinely find joy in the rage and disappointment of others it might make you a bit of a sad person. :/

AlotFirst:

War Penguin:

No, but truth be told, if you genuinely find joy in the rage and disappointment of others it might make you a bit of a sad person. :/

True, but incidentally this is the only time so far that I will be laughing at misfortune. Does this still make me a bad person?

In my eyes... yeah probably. :P

But you'd still have to hand it to the guy who would be faking all of this. This just might be some top notch shit he or she's cooking up.

Some people feel that the Fallout franchise backed itself into a corner with the post-apocalyptic setting - meaning that you can only flog it for so long before it shouldn't realistically be 'post-apocalyptic' anymore. But by leaving that behind and focusing on rebuilt societies and lack of 'primitive' destroyed environments, you've lost the whole style and feel of the original concepts.

If it is real, maybe they've written a way to bring about an entirely new nuclear holocaust to 'restart' the franchise?

Just a thought. I'm not convinced this isn't fake yet...

Nuclear winter? That might mean that - if it's even legit - it takes place shortly after the global nuking, a prequel (I hope not), or it might mean that it takes place in a cold climate area but in a similar timeframe as the other ones (I hope that's it); like, perhaps Northern Europe? Siberia? Canada? Greenland? Antarctica? It would also mean they could reuse a ton of the assets from Skyrim for landscape and whatnot.

Pink Apocalypse:
Some people feel that the Fallout franchise backed itself into a corner with the post-apocalyptic setting - meaning that you can only flog it for so long before it shouldn't realistically be 'post-apocalyptic' anymore. But by leaving that behind and focusing on rebuilt societies and lack of 'primitive' destroyed environments, you've lost the whole style and feel of the original concepts.

I've seen quite a few people describe the genre and feel of Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout : New Vegas as post-post-apocalypse, but I think 'Post-Apocalypse West' probably does a much better job of describing the franchise.

Lerola:

Skeleon:
Nuclear winter? That might mean that - if it's even legit - it takes place shortly after the global nuking, a prequel (I hope not), or it might mean that it takes place in a cold climate area but in a similar timeframe as the other ones (I hope that's it); like, perhaps Northern Europe? Siberia? Canada? Greenland? Antarctica? It would also mean they could reuse a ton of the assets from Skyrim for landscape and whatnot.

Not that they didn't do that already the other way around...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195259919

Erico Basilio:
holy crap!

the Morse code has changed
"E T 314 7 EMRG MSG NEW YORK STAGE 7 WASHINGTON STAGE 7 LOS ANGELES STAGE 7 AUSTIN STAGE 7 CHICAGO STAGE 7 NEW ORLEAN STAGE 7 LAS VEGAS UNKNOWN MIAMI STAGE 7 DALLAS STAGE 7 DENVER STAGE 7 SAN DIEGO STAGE 7 SAN FRANCISCO STAGE 7 BOSTON CRA UNIT BST 314 7"

CRA stands for Charles River Associates!

If it did change to that, it would make sense. Bethesda operates out of Maryland and Las Vegas was defended by Mr. House. I also recall them saying they wanted to do something with Maryland but my memory is not to be trusted.

Muspelheim:

Lerola:

I do hope they take the opportunity of including a Ghoul faction ("No, I told you, we're Draugr...") rebuilding a ship named Naglfar, tasking you to collect nails for them.

4173:

Imagine the NCR sending a recon unit there.

NCR Trooper, pouring snow from his boot: "Well, that'll learn me to keep my trap shut..."

And then hearing "I wanna go back to the Mojave" over and over for the rest of the game.

According to the source files, the message is an mp3 titled hanscom msg. Hanscom Air Force Base is located near Bedford, Massachusetts. Quabbin is also in Massachusetts. I think this adds another layer. Either this reinforces the validity or makes this an even more elaborate hoax.

Me and my brothers have been looking forward to this game for a while. The thought of a Fallout 3 with the graphical prettiness of Skyrim along with an increased intricacy just blows us away.

Along with all the regular things you'd hope for in a Fallout game. Exploration, cool weapons, interesting quests, hideous abominations, loot and explosions. If this is legit, we will be very pleased, to say the least.

All the lore that this possible game will be based upon seems highly cool. I'll be very very happy if this turns out to be legit.

I really hope it is prequel- like directly after bombs fell
Then survival aspect would be much stronger

Why is everyone ignoring the fact the Spike VGX awards are actually on Dec. 7th? Just go on the website, it's plastered all over. Or hell, google it.

behold, the most accurate way to describe my reaction:

If this is a hoax than i bet that Bethesda would either have told us it's not their doing by now. I'll go cancel all my appointments for the upcoming Sunday.

I haven't been following this so it might already have been suggested, but do you think 2299 could be the year it's set in?
Fallout 3 is set in 2277 so it'd make a lot of sense.

Means it probably isn't a prequel, maybe just somewhere up north.

Edit: Either it's gibberish or I'm terrible at morse code. I got 'CQCQCQBST' so far.

Another edit: 'Kay, here's what I got trying to translate what it says now.
'CQ CQ CQ BST IS GONE II BST IS GONE N HPE FREQ 3450 RT GB AMERICA'
It's my first time translating morse code so it's probably riddled with mistakes but it might be right.

Oh, okay, apparently someone somewhere else beat me to it. Go home someone somewhere else.

Skeleon:

Odds of them exploring the rest of the world with so many stories left to tell in the US are rather slim. Cool as it may be. No, North-Eastern US or North US (Chicago?) might be possible.

Still, I'd love to see some fan-movies or fan-fiction written about how the rest of the world is faring.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here