Noisy Danish Gamers Busted By SWAT

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Noisy Danish Gamers Busted By SWAT

Two men in Denmark received a nasty surprise when their noisy gaming session was interrupted by the police - in the form of a full-scale SWAT raid.

The pair were heavily involved in an unnamed PlayStation 3 game with the volume cranked wide open, according to a story on QJ.net, leading a concerned neighbor to call the police. But the call wasn't an every-day noise complaint: The neighbor apparently mistook the ruckus for a real-life gun battle, because shortly thereafter a SWAT team showed up. Who knew Denmark had a SWAT team?

Anyway, the unit took up positions and called the duo out with a megaphone. Since they weren't actually doing anything wrong besides playing the game a little too loudly, they surrendered immediately and were arrested on suspicion of shooting up the place. The apartment was searched and no weapons were found - just a really kick-ass sound system - and the men were later released, probably with a warning to keep it down - or to buy some headphones.

via: GamePolitics

Just... Juat... ha...

I can see the look on their faces right now.

JACKBAUER:"WHERE ARE YOU KEEPING THE WEAPONS?"
MAN1:"We don't know anything about any wea-"
JACKBAUER:"WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!"

All I can say is "WOW!". Imagine being in those guys shoes when that happend :S

And this is why the volume is never that high.

That's quite brilliant. That's got to be a pretty good sound system, wonder what the game was?

What i dont understand is why they even had to search through the flat, i mean really, they were playing a shooter, meaning there most likely were ALOT of shots fired...and last time i checked bullets leave marks and may brake things...see what im getting at here? :P

Fronken:
What i dont understand is why they even had to search through the flat, i mean really, they were playing a shooter, meaning there most likely were ALOT of shots fired...and last time i checked bullets leave marks and may brake things...see what im getting at here? :P

if police actually ever thought this kinda thing through much, the world would be a much, much better place

That is hilarious. Amazing. I can't believe this is real. Hilarious! I bet the person who called the cops was embarrassed. I don't see how you could mistake a videogame for a real life gunbattle though, you'd think there'd be some more signs than just that sound. Ahh, Danish SWAT...

I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be playing a game and then having a SWAT team come in.

Brokkr:
I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be playing a game and then having a SWAT team come in.

Really freakin' cool. Imagine telling that to your mates down the pub.

"We got busted by SWAT yesterday! How cool is that?"

That is, genuinely, awesome.
Wish my sound system was that good!

This isn't for real, i'd know, im a Dane living in Denmark. This so can't be real, policemen aren't tht stupid.

Anstrup:
This isn't for real, i'd know, im a Dane living in Denmark. This so can't be real, policemen aren't tht stupid.

I Live In Denmark As Well And I Have To Say It Sounds Just About Right xD

Anstrup:

Someone calls in a panic reporting gunshots and shouting coming from next door, sending an armed response unit sounds about right to me. How would they know the specifics of the situation from one phone call.

No good sending a normal copper and getting him shot.

Must have been one retarded neibour...
Gun shots! they must be shooting the place up! no time to check police!!!

Then again, you use caps at the start of all your words, so you're less of a credible source :/

Well that's great cause now they can go shoot their neighbor for that dick move and when he calls the police no one will believe him >;D

But seriously, that's not very fair. Couldn't the guy tell the difference between a game and real shooting? Wouldn't there had been some broken glass? Why didn't he just call them?

I'm just guessing they'll never use their sound system at even half of it's capacity anytime soon and also this is why I prefer having high quality headphones rather than a high quality sound system around my computer... I haven't heard a TURN THAT DOWN! or SHUT THAT THING UP! in quite a while, tho that also may be because the circumaural headphones do their job of not letting me hear anything more silent than a lightning strike...

Definitely a thing to brag about. My sound system is so sweet the SWAT team busted down my door.

I don't think the gamers would be the only ones with a surprised look on their face. I'd imagine the SWAT team would have also been quite surprised.

This is why I refuse to hook up my Klipsch Belle's I inherited until I move from my apartment into a house.

This is what it's going to be like in the future.. I just know it!

Fronken:

That's what I was thinking. You'd think that after a walk through of the property, the distinct lack of bullet-holes and destroyed furniture would tip them off that it was a false-alarm.

For god's sake, this is ridiculous. I thought this problem would apply to Tom Clancy's Endwar if you get too enthusiastic. I mean, you have to shout into the controller. I bet the neighbour feels like a complete berk at this point.

(aside) This made my day feel better.

I would start shitting myself if I was in the middle of a boomfest and heard "Come out with your hands up! You are surrounded!" poor guys.

"Who knew Denmark had a SWAT team"?

We don't have any SWAT teams in Sweden either, we just have jolly policemen who throw kanelbullar at the criminals. What a silly remark, particularly the week of an issue about stereotypes. It's on par with the idiotic old joke about French rifles ("Dropped once, never fired").

I'm usually able to see the funny side, but some things just grate. I mean, the implication that Scandinavia is a nice place with no crime is nice, but still. ;)

Wow that would be one hell of a story to try and tell your parents or co-workers about

Am I the only one that's being reminded of Spinal Tap here? Our speakers go up to 11, it's one louder. I bet these Danish guy's speakers went up to 17.

Denmark can kick the PS3's bum any day.

Take that as a compliment to their sound system. I'd be thrilled if someone thought the sound from my game was happening in real life.

They had to have been playing Black (Ps2) on the Ps3.

Those guns sounds are fucking intense.

This could be a really good tag line on an advertisement.

I'm so proud to be Danish when I read insane stuff like that. And people wonder why the cops don't come when we call for real. *shakes head*

But still, it's fun as hell.

Edit:

AgentSmith42:

Anstrup:

For the other Danes: You can read about it in Ekstra Bladet. Link is in Danish, but is basically just a news paper describing the incident.

teh_gunslinger:
I'm so proud to be Danish when I read insane stuff like that. And people wonder why the cops don't come when we call for real. *shakes head*

Edit:

AgentSmith42:

Anstrup:

For the other Danes: You can read about it in Ekstra Bladet. Link is in Danish, but is basically just a news paper describing the incident.

Sorry, i have made an oath to never read Or touch anything related to to that paper, unless, of course, we are talking page 9.

Scypemonk:

teh_gunslinger:

Edit:

AgentSmith42:

Anstrup:

Sorry, i have made an oath to never read Or touch anything related to to that paper, unless, of course, we are talking page 9.

Quite understandable. And I normally agree. It was just the first link I found. Don't know if any of the better papers covered this. But you're right, EB totally sucks. And so does page 9 these days.

How come i havent heard about this? I watch the news even. Goddamnit. Our police force do suck!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here