Fallout 3 Set to Remove Games For Windows Live Functionality

Pages PREV 1 2

Not real news to me; I removed GFWL connectivity from my Fallout 3 copy as part of the many bug-fixes required to get it to run.

Andy of Comix Inc:
But how are people going to experience Deadpool now? I can't lend my digital copy to a friend, can I? And Deadpool is a disc game, but if it wasn't - if it was digital only, like, say, Skullgirls - that game'd be gone from circulation.

Emphasis mine. Steam is already on the road to enabling a family-sharing feature, so yes, you [i]can[i/] share your games to a friend. Oh, and Skullgirls is still available on PC; it was only taken out of console storefronts.

[quote]People who already have played and own the game aren't as important to the history and culture as much as new gamers.

WTF? I think you got it ass backwards. We, the people smart enough to have bought Deadpool early in the Winter sale, are free to play it over and over, talk about it in forums, write reviews of it, and even post LPs of it (barring any DMCA takedown barrages from Disney, of course).

Andy of Comix Inc:
Deadpool ain't a classic by any stretch, but when it happens to, say, Half-Life 3 in 20, 30 years time? Half-Life 3 vanishes. And I presume Half-Life 3'd be a cultural touchstone if it comes out, so that'd be disappointment indeed.

If Valve's service shuts down a year after the release of the much anticipated HL3, it must have been awful indeed.

It's good to hear another title is getting rid of GFWL. Now if only Codemasters would get rid of GRWL from Dirt 2 and Fuel. Dirt 2 is a great game and it doesn't need the GFWL anchor around its neck.

Just hurry the fuck up and get out of my Dark Souls windows. It's FPS is haggard enough without you, still don't know how I finished blighttown at 3 FPS on the laptop.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here