Leland Yee Affidavit Reveals a Stunning Array Of Charges

Pages PREV 1 2

Darks63:
I wonder what deal he will cut so he only has to go to a country club prison? Because lets face it he is not alone in his corruption and i'm willing to bet he can name some other names to get his sentence toned down. Or call in favors from people to get the charges thrown out, reduced etc.

however more optimistically he could be a made into a example so the system looks like its cleaning itself up so who knows.

At this point, I wouldn't even care if he got a reduced sentence like that. His life is ruined. He's got absolutely no future in politics, even IF he's acquitted of all charges (which he won't be). This little revelation has made him a public laughing stock. Any "friends" he's got will likely sever all ties with him to save their own image. And in a worst-case scenario, he'll have several VERY dangerous men after him, either in or out of prison.

This guy is so far up shit creek that he's hit the shit-ocean, passed by the shit-islands, and landed on shit-Australia where the shit-dingoes are going to eat him alive... then shit him out.

Andy Chalk:

The whopping 137-page affidavit detailing the charges against Senator Leland Yee reveals accusations of gun-running, ties to Chinese gangs, cash-for-favors schemes and more.

And he did it for the children.

Andy Chalk:

That statement, according to the affidavit, is in reference to a previous prosecution in which Chow cooperated with authorities in exchange for a reduced sentence. Yee later reiterated his concern, saying that he and Jackson shouldn't "get too close" to the Tong and clarifying that the proclamation would be "not to Shrimpboy [Chow}, but to the organization."

Your closing bracket on Chow is a bit off... unless that was your artistic choice.

edit:

Leemaster777:

This guy is so far up shit creek that he's hit the shit-ocean, passed by the shit-islands, and landed on shit-Australia where the shit-dingoes are going to eat him alive... then shit him out.

That was amazing, thanks for that.

According to his Wikipedia page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leland_Yee

The guys he was buying weapons from were Muslim terrorists located in the Philippines. It's also odd that he was associated with the Chee Kung Tong, which I remembered vaguely hearing about before. It's an interesting name, associated with a Masonically based secret society. The name also recurs on all kinds of businesses throughout the US. In addition to criminal behavior I vaguely remember it's been linked to both The Occult and Chinese Intelligence.

While a lot of people will go "oh geez, here goes Therumancer on China again", one thought that did occur to me was a lot of old discussions about Chinese sleeper cells in the US, similar to a lot of old theories about the USSR during The Cold War which inspired movies like the old Kevin Costner vehicle "No Way Out". Given that Leland Yee was born in China, and is supplying weapons to a Chinese criminal/subversive organization it does make me wonder if his motivation here was entirely financial. It occurs to me that there would probably be better ways for him to make money illegally, with less risk or attention, say if he was brokering deals for weapons with both the source and the client being overseas (like a lot of other alleged government corruption, oftentimes theoretically tied to groups like the CIA).

That said, I'm curious how much we're going to hear about this trial. Given his high position in the government and access to classified information, the international nature of the crimes, the involvement of a known terrorist organization operating in a US territory (according to his wiki page), and the fact that he was trafficking not only assault rifles but missile launchers (again according to his Wikipedia page) he seems like a perfect candidate for a "spy court" and to spend the rest of his life in some deep dark hole, or a camp like Gitmo.

Of course at the same time, the big question becomes who he can give to the USA in terms of cutting a deal, which is going to be a factor (and again why it won't be in the public eye). Truthfully I'm a little shocked that this was put out publically the way it was, I would have expected the CIA and Secret Service (as he's federal) to grab him before
any announcement and pump him for a deal before an announcement, after all if they are going to use him to nail high end targets on both ends of his business you wouldn't want them to know they got something on Mr. Yee until after the fact when he's already turned all of his associates over. I'm not a huge fan of cutting deals with criminals, but it occurs to me that trading one corrupt senator for wiping out an entire terrorist organization in our territory and taking down the leadership of what is a 165 year old criminal organization (totally omitting any questions of intelligence involvement) would have been the smart play given what they seem to have on this guy.

-Dragmire-:

Leemaster777:

That was amazing, thanks for that.

No problem. I was hoping I hadn't stretched the shit-metaphor to far.

Therumancer:
According to his Wikipedia page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leland_Yee

The guys he was buying weapons from were Muslim terrorists located in the Philippines. It's also odd that he was associated with the Chee Kung Tong, which I remembered vaguely hearing about before. It's an interesting name, associated with a Masonically based secret society. The name also recurs on all kinds of businesses throughout the US. In addition to criminal behavior I vaguely remember it's been linked to both The Occult and Chinese Intelligence.

While a lot of people will go "oh geez, here goes Therumancer on China again", one thought that did occur to me was a lot of old discussions about Chinese sleeper cells in the US, similar to a lot of old theories about the USSR during The Cold War which inspired movies like the old Kevin Costner vehicle "No Way Out". Given that Leland Yee was born in China, and is supplying weapons to a Chinese criminal/subversive organization it does make me wonder if his motivation here was entirely financial. It occurs to me that there would probably be better ways for him to make money illegally, with less risk or attention, say if he was brokering deals for weapons with both the source and the client being overseas (like a lot of other alleged government corruption, oftentimes theoretically tied to groups like the CIA).

That said, I'm curious how much we're going to hear about this trial. Given his high position in the government and access to classified information, the international nature of the crimes, the involvement of a known terrorist organization operating in a US territory (according to his wiki page), and the fact that he was trafficking not only assault rifles but missile launchers (again according to his Wikipedia page) he seems like a perfect candidate for a "spy court" and to spend the rest of his life in some deep dark hole, or a camp like Gitmo.

Of course at the same time, the big question becomes who he can give to the USA in terms of cutting a deal, which is going to be a factor (and again why it won't be in the public eye). Truthfully I'm a little shocked that this was put out publically the way it was, I would have expected the CIA and Secret Service (as he's federal) to grab him before
any announcement and pump him for a deal before an announcement, after all if they are going to use him to nail high end targets on both ends of his business you wouldn't want them to know they got something on Mr. Yee until after the fact when he's already turned all of his associates over. I'm not a huge fan of cutting deals with criminals, but it occurs to me that trading one corrupt senator for wiping out an entire terrorist organization in our territory and taking down the leadership of what is a 165 year old criminal organization (totally omitting any questions of intelligence involvement) would have been the smart play given what they seem to have on this guy.

If it was tied to China, or any sort of islamic rebels (which is possible because of the location), he is looking at treason.

That isn't Gitmo, that is the death penalty. They'd make an example of him and the new McCarthyism will begin.

I think he might be the first senator to get a death penalty for treason. Hell, i think this might be the first treason case in what, 50 years? 100? This doesn't happen every day.

Even if they did go lenient, he is looking at life in prison. He is old as it is. No matter what scenario, he isn't walking away from this. Unlike Reagan, Yee doesn't even have the "we had to because we hate commies" defense.

He is going to fry. No secret court will change that.

It didn't say this in the article and I think it's an important addendum, Leland Yee is a state senator not a member of congress on a national level.

Holy hell, that is amazing! I seriously can't believe this, it reads like fiction. This guy just gave Hollywood and Rockstar sooooo many ideas. Also, nice burn.

Though on the other hand, he is done as his career is ruined, he's a laughing stock, and his Chinese associates will be wanting a "word".

You know reading the article i kept thinking "Yeah he would fit right in in GTA" and then bam, the conclusion. perfectly placed. And thats why i love you Andy.

I knew its going to be some corruption charges, but damn this looks like its a clear cut case right there. Well, one down, how many senators to go?

Fabulous. Now, let's go find some dirt on all the other SOPA/PIPA/etc. supporters. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha haaa!!!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.