Free Dead Space Launches Origin's "On the House" Program

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I have Origin running in the background 24/7, never had a problem with it. Perfectly satisfactory. I have all of two Origin games, so it doesn't get a lot of miles, but there it is.

Maybe I overlooked it in an earlier post, but is there a good, sound reason why people don't want to use Origin? Or is it just another manifestation of "EA sucks?" I'm asking seriously, because I really don't understand the hostility at this point.

lacktheknack:

Nazulu:

lacktheknack:
Also, it's not just "having doubts". We've already had someone get banned in this thread for calling everyone who likes this move a massive toolbox. Bullheaded, unpleasable and surly sound perfect.

I wouldn't count that. Many users/bots who have that exact same avatar keep getting banned over and over again.

1. The guy's been around almost as long as me.
2. That avatar is automatically applied to all the user's posts when they're banned. It's not their real avatar. I'm amazed you haven't noticed that. :P

No, I didn't look at the date. I just remember there were bots on other sites who could rake up post counts in no time with predictable dribble. And I thought the avatar was just a troll thing.

Andy Chalk:
Maybe I overlooked it in an earlier post, but is there a good, sound reason why people don't want to use Origin? Or is it just another manifestation of "EA sucks?" I'm asking seriously, because I really don't understand the hostility at this point.

I don't know if it's a good reason, but it's mainly just trust issues with EA altogether. They feel after all the crap EA has pulled they don't want to discover even more crap with Origin, though some people have actually had bad experiences with Origin like many have had with Steam, so there's that.

I use Origin for certain games and it functions well for me at the moment. The only issue with EA I had was when I bought that whole humble bundle from them and they only gave me half the games, so I had to badger them till they gave me the rest :-P

Andy Chalk:
I have Origin running in the background 24/7, never had a problem with it. Perfectly satisfactory. I have all of two Origin games, so it doesn't get a lot of miles, but there it is.

The second one.

People remember just how hard it blew when it first came out, and they don't know/don't care that it's gotten significantly better since then.

Nazulu:
And I thought the avatar was just a troll thing.

Well, you could say it's Kross trolling the banned. :D

lacktheknack:

Nazulu:
And I thought the avatar was just a troll thing.

Well, you could say it's Kross trolling the banned. :D

It is funny, but unfortunately I remember users more by their avatar than their name, so it wipes them out of existence to me :-P

Ed130 The Vanguard:

Roxor:
Getting desperate, are we, EA?

Well they already seemingly dropped the whole 'sales cheapen the IP' BS they were trying to espouse a while back so this is the next logical step.

Too bad they chose a game that handled like arse.

Really? What was wrong with it? I got it on Steam ages ago, and I don't recall having any trouble playing it. Mind you, I only played it through once, so I might have missed something in there.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here