Alien: Isolation Will Have Non-Alien Enemies

Pages PREV 1 2

008Zulu:
This game would have been much better served if you were the Xeno, rather than the human who has to kill a bunch of humans before they can kill the Xeno.

Just give us what we want; To play Predator, and only Predator, stealthing around killing everything.

I'm with you we need a Xenomorph game. You can even start the game as a facehugger and build up your forces/family until the end where you and your brothers are tearing the place apart. But no, because people don't like playing as someone who isn't exactly like them, or in many cases so bland they project themselves onto them.

Also as for the Predator part, there was a game called Predator Concrete Jungle. It... wasn't that great.

Azure Knight-Zeo:

008Zulu:
This game would have been much better served if you were the Xeno, rather than the human who has to kill a bunch of humans before they can kill the Xeno.

Just give us what we want; To play Predator, and only Predator, stealthing around killing everything.

I'm with you we need a Xenomorph game. You can even start the game as a facehugger and build up your forces/family until the end where you and your brothers are tearing the place apart. But no, because people don't like playing as someone who isn't exactly like them, or in many cases so bland they project themselves onto them.

Also as for the Predator part, there was a game called Predator Concrete Jungle. It... wasn't that great.

There was a game like that. In fact, there were three. They were Alien Vs. Predator, Alien Vs. Predator 2, and Alien Vs. Predator (2010)

Alien Vs. Predator 2 was an absolutely fantastic and amazing game, and it really captures what it feels like to be a xenomorph in the xenomorph story section.

The 2010 version was garbage.

BrotherRool:

I'm 100% certain the Alien is going to be invunerable until the last level. This isn't going to be an open-world game, I think at best it'll be more like Amnesia in structure.

So technically they could probably get away with scripting everything, but I hope the AI is really awesome

Aw that's a shame and kinda lame if its just gonna be scripted and therefore predictable in multiple playthroughs:/
I knew I was letting my imagination get the better of me as I envisioned a completely non scripted free form ship environment inhabited by intelligent npcs and your actions and interactions would affect how the alien AI responds, but we are in 2014 and it's about time games focus on things like uber ai instead of photo realistic graphics.

Dunno imagine a game where besides playing as is intended, you have the option to just go hide in the vents like newt did in aliens, making for a very boring (but safe!) game only punctuated by the screams of the crew being slaughtered echoing across the vents, climaxing in a mad dash for the end of game rescue ship or escape pod. Or just being VERY lucky and managing to kill the alien by accidentally releasing an airlock in the very beginning of the game and therefore saving the entire crew of the ship before most even realized what was happening.

Meh give it another decade and just maybe we might get there...

Frankster:

BrotherRool:

I'm 100% certain the Alien is going to be invunerable until the last level. This isn't going to be an open-world game, I think at best it'll be more like Amnesia in structure.

So technically they could probably get away with scripting everything, but I hope the AI is really awesome

Aw that's a shame and kinda lame if its just gonna be scripted and therefore predictable in multiple playthroughs:/
I knew I was letting my imagination get the better of me as I envisioned a completely non scripted free form ship environment inhabited by intelligent npcs and your actions and interactions would affect how the alien AI responds, but we are in 2014 and it's about time games focus on things like uber ai instead of photo realistic graphics.

Dunno imagine a game where besides playing as is intended, you have the option to just go hide in the vents like newt did in aliens, making for a very boring (but safe!) game only punctuated by the screams of the crew being slaughtered echoing across the vents, climaxing in a mad dash for the end of game rescue ship or escape pod. Or just being VERY lucky and managing to kill the alien by accidentally releasing an airlock in the very beginning of the game and therefore saving the entire crew of the ship before most even realized what was happening.

Meh give it another decade and just maybe we might get there...

I'm still hoping it won't be heavily scripted (although whether it will be is up in the air). But if it's not scripted much I still think the way the games going to work is that their are zones and places you need to get to/objectives you need to achieve. And the Alien AI will hunt you (and possibly NPCs?) whilst you're doing that and you have to try and stay alive/out smart it.

And then eventually there'll be some sort of climax and I suspect actually killing the Alien will be totally scripted.

The ship simulator thing sounds like it could be good. But it's one of those things that requires a lot of really fine balance in a lot of systems to actually be fun, and I can't see a AAA game ever risking that.

Please be an early April fools! It has to be one, right?! right...?
I want to cry so bad, but I wont. Because I'm a big boy...

K12:
lions and tigers and bears oh my!

Saw what you did there :)

OT - I've been quietly looking forward to this game since its first showing a few months ago. If they maintain the atmosphere and the other 'enemies' aren't simply an android shootathon it will be a very promising game. Even if it sucks, it deserves props for effort, unlike a certain other Aliens game...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.