Lara Croft Returns in Rise of the Tomb Raider

Pages PREV 1 2

So the whole adventure in the previous game was just a warm up round? Now we get to see her Rise?

Please to god I hope they bring back some actual fucking tombs.

i think the title should indicate that they take laras progress slowly. the first one was just how she survives and solves her first mystery. in this one i think they want to build her up slowly that she gains more experience first before she is a full tomb raider.
never the less, i enjoy this trailer and i like how she is in therapy.

"We become who we're meant to be"? They really are phoning it in with that story set-up. Then again, "destiny" seems to be the hip thing these days. Still, it's hard to see Lara as being destined for anything. Is it supposed to be a 4th Wall thing where "of course she's destined, otherwise it wouldn't be a 'Tomb Raider' game". Then again I stopped caring about Tomb Raider somewhere around the third game (though Chronicles and Anthology weren't too bad). Still, I was willing to just not care about this game, maybe take a jab at the god awful title, but then Lara had to drop that bombshell. Nothing says you've stopped giving a fuck like saying "Fuck it, she raids tombs because 'Destiny'. Now let's wrap this up and go to lunch."

oooohhhhh! she's wearing the jacket and hoodie of "troubled girl"

I like what I see so far...even if it is just E3 hype

michael87cn:
How good could it be? The other game has barely even been out. They can't have spent much time working on it..

early 2013 (and it was puched back to then) so pretty much 2 years...

Rise of the Fall of the Tomb Raider: Revelations of Revenge

The Lara Croft Story

It's a nice showcasing of the concept they have regarding the theme they're generally aiming for.
I really liked the other one so I hope they don't screw it up.

CriticalMiss:

Xyebane:
Why is she wearing a hood while talking to a psychologist?

To try and be mysterious until the 'big reveal'. Either that or she became a chav between games and has her hood up whenever she isn't drinking cheap cider and spitting on things. It would have worked just as well if they had not shown her at all or showed her out of focus and from behind. Especially since anyone who didn't watch the announcement live knows what the reveal is by the name of the video...

That or because her PTSD is manifesting as avoidance of the outside world, it gives her a way to psychologically hide during a conversation, an easy way to avoid eye contact. Made perfect sense to me.

All I need now is the announcement of a new Deus Ex game from the same team as the last one and I'm basically set.

I still feel guilty for not picking up the TR reboot, and now it looks as though I am truly missing out. I used to call TR among my favourite gaming series, so it only makes sense to give Lara another shot.

Voulan:
I still feel guilty for not picking up the TR reboot, and now it looks as though I am truly missing out. I used to call TR among my favourite gaming series, so it only makes sense to give Lara another shot.

If you've got a PS4, they released a remastered edition. And if you're a PC man, the Aus. Steam store is selling it for $20.00

chozo_hybrid:

Mr Ink 5000:
i thought Rising had been banned in game titles! DAMN IT!

New generation, so I guess the rules reset.

Looks cool, but damn, that is a dumb ass title.

I do actually miss the days when most games were just numbered

Looks ok, i'll probably get the GOTY

michael87cn:
How good could it be? The other game has barely even been out. They can't have spent much time working on it..

Wat? It came out over a year ago... Some sequels would be in the beta stages by now.

The title is atrocious, but if the game is good I couldn't care less.

I really loved the reboot so can't wait to get my hands on this.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.