Lindsay Lohan Sues Rockstar over Grand Theft Auto V Character Likeness

Pages PREV 1 2

Kameburger:
How does south park get away with some of the celebrity bashing they do, yet this case exist on the same planet? I mean I know South Park's legal team is pretty air tight but still. What case does Lohan have that someone like Paris Hilton wouldn't?

Parody. The same magic weapon that these developers will claim and defend successfully.

However, I don't think this was a parody of Lohan. Aside from being blonde (with her being trademark redhead more times than not), I'd put this more on a parody of the nature of all these girls rather than anyone in particular.

Vault101:
that one really annoyed me

in that the gaming media blew it WAAAAAAY out of proportion..it was just an off-hand comment from Page..nothing more

What's worse is that several sites actually acted like she should be grateful or some such. The main reason she said anything negative was that she was currently staring in a rival game. In the light of that, saying it was "not appreciated" is not only understandable, but probably pretty restrained.

Zachary Amaranth:

Vault101:
that one really annoyed me

in that the gaming media blew it WAAAAAAY out of proportion..it was just an off-hand comment from Page..nothing more

What's worse is that several sites actually acted like she should be grateful or some such. The main reason she said anything negative was that she was currently staring in a rival game. In the light of that, saying it was "not appreciated" is not only understandable, but probably pretty restrained.

In hindsight, she probably wishes she'd done Last of Us instead of the one she did. The Last of Us also didn't have a nipple slip.

But yeah, her being a person who lives on her likeness, of course she shouldn't be "grateful". Perhaps if it had been at a time where she wasn't about to be in a game.

Lightknight:
In hindsight, she probably wishes she'd done Last of Us instead of the one she did. The Last of Us also didn't have a nipple slip.

Agreed. Ellie is probably going to be more positively remembered than Page's actual character, and without the associated nudity issues.

But yeah, her being a person who lives on her likeness, of course she shouldn't be "grateful". Perhaps if it had been at a time where she wasn't about to be in a game.

Given her measured response, I sort of wonder how she would have responded had that game not been an issue.

WhiteTigerShiro:

Queen Michael:
Hey, she's gotta earn a living somehow since The Canyon[1] flopped.

What the hell? Was that a straight-to-video release? I never even heard of it.

Hit the nail on the head there Shiro

[1] AKA "That movie nobody watched and that I had to go to Wikipedia to find out the name of"

This whole lawsuit seems kind of ill-advised.

"Hey, that parody of incredibly shallow, stupid, coked-up, and self-absorbed celebrities, that's me! That's totally how I am!"

Wait...she has a distinguishable image?! This is news to me.
Arent there loads of characters in GTA that are parodies anyway? What about the life invader creator? Shouldnt someone be suing rockstar for that?
Maybe they just have enough money and, dare i say it, standards/

Lindsay Lohan doesn't look like herself let alone some game character

Ellen Page was in the game. The bitching came from secretly modeling a full nude model. This is just Lohan bitching about her resemblance to Trevor.

Oh jesus christ.. AGAIN?!

Lacey Jonas is a Random Encounter in GTA V, you help he dodge the paparazzi and drive her home while listening to her blab about how she's really popular among young people, OBVIOUSLY not anorexic and absolutely shocked you've never heard of her.

It'd be refreshing to see some Scientologists get pissy over the Epsilon Program, which is so very clearly spoofing them. But then again, they don't need the money half as bad as poor ol' Lindsay does...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.