PSN, XBL Down After DDoS Attacks, Battle.net Also Under Attack - Update

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Makes me glad I don't have xbox live or play planetside 2 anymore but since they seem to be going game to game it's a matter of time till they hit something I use. Watch them hit Steam.

It'd probably be a bit of relief for everyone if it turns out they're also responsible for all the hacking going down on both sides of "that other controversy".

As they say "The weakest dogs bark the loudest" and this is no exception. Just a bunch of cocky brats trying to act tough or smart, thinking they are such big stuff and can't be touched. Bringing down servers is annoying and really only hurts people who just want to enjoy their games. Calling in a bomb threat however is very serious, especially these days, and will be treated as such.

Hope they still think it's funny from the inside of a federal prison.

Thanks for interrupting the Sunday I was hoping to spend gaming and unwinding after working over 50 hours this week. Fucking assholes- almost happy they made the boneheaded decision to escalate this to what will now be considered terrorism. Have fun in federal prison, fucktards.

Also, I'm seriously tired of the "we think your corporation are a bunch of greedy assbags and we're going to make you pay, so now we're going to prevent millions of people who've already paid for your service to not be able to use it, so take that!" (Their reason per Forbes IIRC was the move to require Playstation Plus for PS4 online play) Seriously, go die in a fire.

tangoprime:
Thanks for interrupting the Sunday I was hoping to spend gaming and unwinding after working over 50 hours this week. Fucking assholes- almost happy they made the boneheaded decision to escalate this to what will now be considered terrorism. Have fun in prison, fucktards.

I agree. Whoever is responsible I hope they get whatever is coming to them. It will not, however, derail the movement for journalistic integrity in the games press, no matter who it turns out to be.

I was really enjoying the "welcome back" free weekend for Final Fantasy 14 on PS4... Had planned on finishing up the main storyline (level 49 out of 50... so close). Then, well, PSN goes down.

These guys are jerks.

I can already imagine one of the ones responsible for this reclining in his desk chair with a smug look on his face before his door is knocked down and he gets dragged away by the feds, all the while screaming that it wasn't his fault and that Sony made him do it. It's things like this that make me wish I could ask them "Is it really worth ruining your whole life for this?" and get a real response rather than a smug trolling quip.

Come on NSA, do your magic or something.

Lame!

Whine whine whine because Sony acted like a normal business that doesn't shout "FUCK YOU!" to the customers all the damn time. Is this what we do now? Have people who screw up servers for really STUPID reasons that don't even make a lick of sense?

Exactly, that's why I support the NSA; to get rid of criminal trollings (and also maybe to leak Fallout 4 info ;p)

Story:
Ohh.
Well, I picked a bad time to borrow my grandfather's PS3.

I wonder why they are doing this.

From what I heard (And this could be wrong, but this is what I heard), they are "PC Master Gamers" who want to ruin Consoles by "destroying" their internet services. Whether this is true or not, I cannot say. If they're threatening Sony and Microsoft Executive Planes, however, I am hoping this is not true, because then they'd be insanely petty.

OT: Hopefully the DDOS attacks calm down and PSNetwork and XBox Live come back up soon.

Kind of makes me glad to (Mainly) be a Nintendo Gamer, we don't get targeted for DDoS Attacks.

Oh, this is just juicy. First some shmucks knock out PSN and xbox Live, then they get ballsy enough to call in a bomb-threat. I hope they get these guys and send the message to aspiring "hackers" not to try something like this. I also really hope that if some of the perps are in other countries, that they can be tried or extradited. If Big Media can get the US and New Zealand to waste their taxpayer's money on bringing the CEO of a file sharing site to court, then the world's law enforcement agencies should be able to work together to get someone who is willing to do something so serious for reasons so petty.

Even if it's just an empty bluff. A bomb threat causes massive delays, which cost money, which the airline execs will make up by laying off workers and raising prices. If hacking group wants to stick it to the man they need to figure out how to hack the minds of corporate leaders to get them to stop taking most of the pie for themselves. Anyone that does what just happened is an idiot, and if all this was for no reason other than shits and giggles, then they are idiots and shitheads with no thought for fellow human beings.

On a good note, I was at least able to get on the PS store last night. I got kicked off PSN in the afternoon but didn't care since the last time I played online with PSN or Live was years ago. Now I know what was up with that.

The fuck is wrong with people this week? First of all the internet goes to all out war, with censorship, blame and dox galore, over some burger and fires and now some reptoid piss-ants are DDoSing and calling in bomb threats for... no godly reason I can see.

I just... i can't... this is the most pointless thing i have ever seen. And i saw season 9 of scrubs.

If these guys are trying to be the big bad lizards of the internet, I would like to remind them what happened to the rest of the dinosaurs.

The only thing more disturbing than the fact that this group of ding-a-lings thinks bomb threats and ruining people's weekend gaming plans is... hilarious, I guess... Are the people on here suggesting the hackers should die forever or kill themselves.

Guys. Guys. We're talking about video games. Guys. Seriously. Video games. It's okay.

Mr.Mattress:

Story:
Ohh.
Well, I picked a bad time to borrow my grandfather's PS3.

I wonder why they are doing this.

From what I heard (And this could be wrong, but this is what I heard), they are "PC Master Gamers" who want to ruin Consoles by "destroying" their internet services. Whether this is true or not, I cannot say. If they're threatening Sony and Microsoft Executive Planes, however, I am hoping this is not true, because then they'd be insanely petty.

OT: Hopefully the DDOS attacks calm down and PSNetwork and XBox Live come back up soon.

Kind of makes me glad to (Mainly) be a Nintendo Gamer, we don't get targeted for DDoS Attacks.

They claimed earlier this week they were the ones that nailed some MMORPG's, so it's PC gamers too getting hit. One site has Sony Fans snipping at Microsoft Fans, another it's reversed, PC Gamers in general complaining in multiple languages at anything that looks like Tech Support and each other, battle.net and SoE having trouble (did Steam and Origin also have disconnect problems? can't tell now who all has been slammed at this point) now going the route of using Twitter to "phone" in bomb threats.

At this point listing the video gaming networks, servers, and companies that haven't been blasted would be easier.

Now there's FBI movement. Honestly, this is exactly the kind of stupidity that gives gamers in general a really bad name. We don't need this kind of press, not with how many things are being blamed lately on pixels on a screen.

Daaaah Whoosh:
Looking into Lizard squad, they're either a bunch of Islamic extremists who hate America, or a bunch of trolls who hate everybody. If it's the latter, I believe they deserve some head trauma, fatal if necessary.

Islamic terrorists hate America, so they attack a Japanese video game company?

Actually, that sounds like something they'd do. Terrorists aren't all that bright. Also, why attack Xbone AND Sony. I could understand if it was criminals or angry fanboys, but there's no real point to this madness.

Like many others in this topic, I find myself wondering if there's any real point to this other than to just be a giant bag of dicks.

Here's to hoping that said bag'o'dicks gets what's coming to them. I mean hell, at least Anon can claim that they're "hacktivists" and attack companies and such that are screwing people over in one way or another.

Captcha: "Slender Man is slender."
Why yes, Captcha, yes he is.

Edit: Speaking of Anon, I think it would be down right hilarious if Anon mobilized to fuck over these lizard people. Just saying it'd be some sweet karmatic justice. =P

Guess I picked a good weekend to dive into XCOM: Enemy Unknown's single player campaign (thanks, Steam sale!).

In all seriousness, DDoS attacks may be inconvenient, but bomb threats are crossing the line. The twerps are practically begging to get arrested at this point, and I can't say I'll be shedding any tears for them if they do.

As an aside, I really wish idiots like this would stop using the whole "top hat-wearing monocled gentleman" getup ironically. It's a fashionable look, and these plebs are ruining it.

Neverhoodian:
Guess I picked a good weekend to dive into XCOM: Enemy Unknown's single player campaign (thanks, Steam sale!).

I'm currently upgrading my pc so I can't play it, but I snagged the "Brave New World" Expansion for Civ V from that same sale.

you know it never a good idea to anger people who have a lot of money and a government. This is mostly due to the fact that they will find you and depending on were you are will determine who comes and gets you as if you live in the US or a country that has extradition its the cops, if not its the military and that wont end well.

Well this certainly explains a few things...

I just got a PS4 on Friday and spent most of that day downloading a free copy of Infamous: Second Son, which I got in a bundle with the PS4 along with 3 free months of PS+. That explains why I couldn't the game had such a hard time logging into PSN and why I couldn't perform many online related functions.

I'm still pissed of course, but at least I now know I didn't somehow get a defective PS4.

Well, now I know why I couldn't play Hearthstone last night. Absolutely ridiculous. Well, I hope they enjoy their eventual time in prison. After the whole bomb threat, and taking down the ALS site, they certainly deserve it.

Well at least with the bomb threat there might actually be some follow up on this one by the authorities.

they hit pretty much every MMO as well

Attention seeking at its finest.

Though really, Sonys network is massive, they certainly should have more bandwitch than ther DDoSers and could just "Eat it" without reprecusions. Unless Sonys network is like its security used to be - holding by a hair.

One good thing came out of it though - i found out what ALS is.

I don't think they can really blame videogames for this if they're being honest...since they're targeting gamers. Jack Thompson has a better motive even.

kiri2tsubasa:
They are also targeting the ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) Association .

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/748047-psn-battle-net-ea-origin-targets-major-ddos-attack

And I fucking quote

Lizard Squad:
alsa.org #offline, I'd rather they just gave up and stopped wasting money on people who are gonna die anyways. RIP economy.

Eat shit and get arrested.

Also, is anyone else Origin accounts showing all the game boxes that you have selected as hidden?

I was literally going to donate today. What the actual fuck.

I can confirm that at 11:47pm EST, I was finally able to log onto FF14: ARR on my PS4.

If anyone wanted to know.

Fox12:

Islamic terrorists hate America, so they attack a Japanese video game company?

They're hitting us where it hurts us the most. Our hentai! But unfortunately like you said they aren't very bright and confused "Bible Black" with "Sony Entertainment Company".
OT: Seriously though? I mean it showcases why all servers shouldn't be hosted by one provider, see how PC games handle multiplayer servers, userbase hosts them. But on the other hand, the company doesn't really care, they got the money already and their playerbase ain't going no where so they have 0 lost. The only thing you accomplish is pissing on people's fun, which is a good way to get turned over if some other script kiddy finds you through your onion router. Or watches you at school over your shoulder.

Assuming the FBI doesn't. Who the fuck calls in a bomb threat?

kiri2tsubasa:
They are also targeting the ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) Association .

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/748047-psn-battle-net-ea-origin-targets-major-ddos-attack

And I fucking quote

Lizard Squad:
alsa.org #offline, I'd rather they just gave up and stopped wasting money on people who are gonna die anyways. RIP economy.

Eat shit and get arrested.

Oh, cool. These guys are literally out for everyone to hate them and they're succeeding. I suppose congratulations are in order for succeeding for making almost everyone fucking hate them? Good job? This week is so weird, we got idiots being dicks, and we got 4chan donating to charity and making neat characters. What the hell.

Just read some of there tweeter feed a bunch of stupid lame remarks claiming responsibility for one service or another going down.

And why the hell would they go after eve online, CCP is one of the few companies that listen to there gamers.

Holy crap, man. I guess it's a good thing I commandeered the PS3 for the week to play Tales of Xillia 2. My brother would have been really upset if he found out he couldn't play LittleBigPlanet 2.

Can someone clarify what they're trying to accomplish, or what they say they're trying to accomplish? I don't get it. I mean, I know they're just a bunch of punks, maybe just one punk, trying to look tough, but really, that makes no sense to me, either. None of this makes sense.

Also, hitting the website of a charity organization is inexcusable. The bastards need to be taught a lesson based on that alone, not to mention all of the gaming servers they brought down. Jackasses. Can't forget the bomb threat, either; that's flat-out terrorism.

SuperSuperSuperGuy:
Holy crap, man. I guess it's a good thing I commandeered the PS3 for the week to play Tales of Xillia 2. My brother would have been really upset if he found out he couldn't play LittleBigPlanet 2.

Can someone clarify what they're trying to accomplish, or what they say they're trying to accomplish? I don't get it. I mean, I know they're just a bunch of punks, maybe just one punk, trying to look tough, but really, that makes no sense to me, either. None of this makes sense.

Also, hitting the website of a charity organization is inexcusable. The bastards need to be taught a lesson based on that alone, not to mention all of the gaming servers they brought down. Jackasses. Can't forget the bomb threat, either; that's flat-out terrorism.

They are doing it for "people" at least they do. They are nothing but terrorists.

when you take out peoples gaming that's a dick move.
when you call in bomb threats that makes you a terrorist.
But when you start taking down the website trying to help people with a terminal illness you are fucked up beyond words.

track them down, arrest their asses and toss them in prison for the maximum sentence regardless of age or circumstances and make sure these dicks never get within 6 feet of a computer or net access for the rest of their lives.

they need to be made an example of

I join the legions of people baffled by this. If they want to be the new Anon, they're doing a very bad job. Anon were divisive in what they did, some liked them, some hated them, some both at the same time. These guys? They're gathering nothing but hate at every turn. Ok, piss of all kinds of gamers, just make AppleApp store unavailable and you've got that covered. Why not, get some rep. Now targeting charity, that's a real dick move deserving retribution. But a bomb threat? Insanity takes hold in their minds corrupted by taste of imaginary power over thing intangible. The powers that be will not take kindly to that.

I wish for free, unsupervised Internet, but asshats like these give buckets of ammunition for not only NSA, but also ACTA proponents. If the Internet is to be free of higher authority, it needs to police itself. It has the means. The web is not the material world, vigilantism against visible threats is possible. For their Internet transgressions they need to be exposed, for their threats in the material world, they need to be handed over to the concerned RL authorities on a silver platter.

"We're attempting to slam Sony back into the ground."

I hate using the term, but doesn't this just stink a little of some sort of jealous "fanboy" rage at a product they dont own doing well. These guys need to get laid.......badly.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.