Hotline Miami-themed DLC Coming to Payday 2 on September 30th

Hotline Miami-themed DLC Coming to Payday 2 on September 30th

Richard is coming to Payday, and he enjoys hurting people.

Hotline Miami and Payday 2, a marriage bathed in the blood of the guilty, and the innocent.

In other words, Overkill Software is going to release a Hotline Miami-themed DLC pack for Payday 2 later this month.

The trailer, seen to the right, doesn't offer much in the way of explanation, plot, or detail. All you see is a Payday-esque masked man, followed by The Man Known as Richard (presumably).

Along with the trailer, there's a post by Overkill over in the Steam Community Announcement section. The Q&A contained within offers some scraps -- Overkill is working with Dennaton Games on the DLC, there's a a confirmed heist, and a pretty rad DLC poster -- but that's about it. No mention of masks, guns, or plot, and I'm hoping the playable content goes beyond only one heist.

The rest of the details are sure to be leaked or announced this month, otherwise we're all waiting until Tuesday, September 30th.

Source: Overkill YouTube

Seems cool, they start sending you in to kill gangbangers, and mafia guys, to steal loot, that would be cool.

I'm really suprised that Hotline Miami hasn't crossed over with GTA.
That whole series is basically 32-bit Vice City after all.

Still, looking forward to seeing it, think this industry needs more cross-overs like this.

The "Payday-esque masked man" is Wolf, for the record.

Really cool idea. Hope this turns out well, because it could mean more crossovers in the future.

MarsAtlas:

Really cool idea. Hope this turns out well, because it could mean more crossovers in the future.

The first one is, but then we see what is clearly Richard.

Well, looks like I'm getting Payday 2 after all.

RealRT:

Just make sure to get it for the PC...at this point, its less of a suggestion and more of an pleading order.

MarsAtlas:

For those who haven't seen the Psychotic Swede:

So yeah, he's clearly Wolf. Richard is the mask however, but you can use that, or "Jacket" if you want to use his proper fan nickname.

I just grinned when I heard the first "slip" of the Hotline music into the video, that was really cool. Although I've never liked the feel of Payday when it comes to shooting, I really like the whole everything else.

With this kind of involvement I kinda want to see what they come up with, since it'd be a bit too much if it was "just masks".

Clowndoe:
The first one is, but then we see what is clearly Richard.

So you quoted to just agree then? Because the article IS referring to the first one as "Payday-esque".

SPARTANXIII:

RealRT:

Just make sure to get it for the PC...at this point, its less of a suggestion and more of an pleading order.

Of course, my best friend plays it over Steam all the time.
I just hope Richard mask and Biker helmet are available in other missions. Long as it's covered, they sold me on this game.

RealRT:

SPARTANXIII:

RealRT:

I just hope Richard mask and Biker helmet are available in other missions. Long as it's covered, they sold me on this game.

Well, we already have "The Hog", a basegame mask that was a blatant reference to Hotline Miami, "Mark", a Community mask that's based off a mask in Hotline Miami 2 and just recently, "Peter", a Community mask based off the Peter mask from the first one.

So, while a Richard and Biker mask would be awesome, we already have a good selection of Hotline Miami masks already in game.

SPARTANXIII:

RealRT:

SPARTANXIII:

Well, we already have "The Hog", a basegame mask that was a blatant reference to Hotline Miami, "Mark", a Community mask that's based off a mask in Hotline Miami 2 and just recently, "Peter", a Community mask based off the Peter mask from the first one.

So, while a Richard and Biker mask would be awesome, we already have a good selection of Hotline Miami masks already in game.

Eh, I mainly want the Biker. He's my favorite character from the game.
Still, it's nice to know that there are masks similar to HM in the game.
Now, does this game have any sort of singleplayer?

RealRT:

SPARTANXIII:

RealRT:

Depends on what you will define as "Single Player". Is there an offline mode, sure. Is every map available there, yes. Can you level up by yourself, absolutely, in fact its now more easier than ever. Is the AI any good...no.

Not to say that they're useless, one of their good points is that to make up for their simplistic nature and weak weapons, they have regenerating health and unlimited ammo, however, they will not interact with ANYTHING. So you're going to have to move bags, use keycards, deploy equipment and work out cold fusion engines all by yourself. Plus, you don't get crew alive bonuses for not having anyone play with you.

So I guess it pays to have friends...but that doesn't mean you should ignore the backup.

SPARTANXIII:

RealRT:

SPARTANXIII:

Depends on what you will define as "Single Player". Is there an offline mode, sure. Is every map available there, yes. Can you level up by yourself, absolutely, in fact its now more easier than ever. Is the AI any good...no.

Not to say that they're useless, one of their good points is that to make up for their simplistic nature and weak weapons, they have regenerating health and unlimited ammo, however, they will not interact with ANYTHING. So you're going to have to move bags, use keycards, deploy equipment and work out cold fusion engines all by yourself. Plus, you don't get crew alive bonuses for not having anyone play with you.

So I guess it pays to have friends...but that doesn't mean you should ignore the backup.

I actually play pretty much purely single-player, although I have a lot of practice and it only really works when you're a high enough level to have a whole variety of skills to cover your bases. I find that while the AI is terrible, it is at least reliably terrible, and that if you can get good at herding them they'll have your back. Usually. Probably. Sometimes.

Human players will find all kinds of ways to fuck up, though.

Grabehn:
So you quoted to just agree then? Because the article IS referring to the first one as "Payday-esque".

Huh, I guess I did. Turns out I wasn't reading.

ive never played payday 2, but man maybe i should

I liked Payday 2 a lot more before it became a platform for selling DLC

What Elminotoro said, this is getting kind've rediculous. I bought payday back when it was still in beta, played it for 200 hours in a month, then stopped for two. I came back, and what is it? DLC, DLC, and more DLC. Which is fine, what ever. But they nerfed a lot of shit too hell that it's less cooperation and more dumb luck. Got rid of smooth talker, cuffing people now uses up a pager for some dumb ass reason, and they haven't ever fixed steam cloud. I've had to climb back up to level 70 3 times now because my profile corrupted in the cloud. Thanks guys, I like not being able to play the game cause i'm a 'noob'...despite my time spent in beta and post release.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.