Game of Thrones Star to Play Angry Birds Movie Role

Game of Thrones Star to Play Angry Birds Movie Role

Tyrion Lannister - Peter Dinklage

Angry Birds players have unlocked the voice cast for Rovio's Angry Birds movie and have discovered Peter Dinklage has a role.

After Angry Birds players slung their one billionth bird, Rovio revealed the voice cast for an upcoming Angry Birds film, set to release July 1, 2016 in the U.S. One familiar voice is from Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones, X-Men: Days of Future Past).

Dinklage will play the Mighty Eagle, an unlockable character in Angry Birds. Mighty is the strongest bird and has strict limitations; he can only be used once per hour on levels the player hasn't completed. Players unlock Mighty through a one-time payment of 99 cents.

Dinklage has recently been in the HBO series Game of Thrones and the movie X-Men: Days of Future Past. He won a Golden Globe for his portrayal of Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones.

Jason Sudeikis (Horrible Bosses, We're the Millers) will play Red, Josh Gad (Frozen's Olaf) will play Chuck, and Danny McBride (This Is The End, Eastbound & Down) will play Bomb. Other notable roles include Bill Hader (Saturday Night Live, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs) as the villain and Maya Rudolph (Bridesmaids, The Maya Rudolph Show) as Matilda.

Fergal Reilly and Clay Kaytis will direct the movie; neither have directing credits, but they have worked in animated films such as Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen. Sony will distribute the feature film worldwide.

The birds will have limbs in this animated feature, unlike the games where they are limbless. "We heard limbs and dialogue were all the rage in modern animation, so we went all in," Blanca Juti, Rovio's chief marketing officer, said in a prepared statement. "Not just one, but all of our characters have legs and wings! Except for the pigs, that is."

Angry Birds will be the first movie adaptation of a mobile game. The franchise already has a TV series called Angry Birds Toons, launched last year. However, one other possible film (currently in a development deal) may adapt Tetris as a live-action movie.

Source: Rovio

now he can phone in all his lines in the movie just like he did with destiny!

Hopefully it's better than his performance in Destiny

*boos and hisses*

Oh come on, it's true!

Sorry Peter, I love you in GoT, but the first thing I thought of is he'd be inside one of the Bird costumes.

I'm still holding out for this to be as much of a disaster as DashCon[1], but Dinklage being in now makes me wish it wouldn't fail so he wouldn't have a shitty track record.

Oh who am I kidding, the kids'll sell organs to the black market just to get a ticket for this shitstorm[3], of course it'll sell well.

[1] so as to elevate my utter indifference towards Angry Birds, mobile gaming, and the next generation in general[2],
[2] Jesus Christ, is this how it feels to be part of the older generation?
[3] I still stand by my general philosophy that I can always be proven wrong, but they'd better pull off a Grade A miracle of a movie to turn my regard for Angry Birds 180 degrees

Battleship the Movie, Tetris the Movie, Angry Birds the Movie... What else are they going to try to exploit!? Simcity the Movie? Candy Crush the Movie? Goat Simulator the Movie? Kinect Sports the Movie?

Well, let's hope the role is better than his role in Destiny.

CaitSeith:
Battleship the Movie, Tetris the Movie, Angry Birds the Movie... What else are they going to try to exploit!? Simcity the Movie? Candy Crush the Movie? Goat Simulator the Movie? Kinect Sports the Movie?

Sim City the movie could be great. Just imagine nearly every disaster movie ever combined.

CaitSeith:

Yeah I'm down for a SimCity movie. Just imagine it's from the perspective of one of the sims that is aware that something is happening. Like all of the other sims just go about their days where as the main character notices building just appearing out of nowhere or fire spontaneously happening. Basically he realizes that God (You the player) exists and he tries to convince others of your existence.

That would be a fun movie.

HaileStorm:

CaitSeith:

Yeah I'm down for a SimCity movie. Just imagine it's from the perspective of one of the sims that is aware that something is happening. Like all of the other sims just go about their days where as the main character notices building just appearing out of nowhere or fire spontaneously happening. Basically he realizes that God (You the player) exists and he tries to convince others of your existence.

So essentially it would be the Truman show with Godzilla and aliens?

Sounds awesome.

Hero in a half shell:

HaileStorm:

CaitSeith:

So essentially it would be the Truman show with Godzilla and aliens?

Sounds awesome.

Wasn't the Truman show about everyone knowing he was in a reality show except him? I'm thinking more of they're just oblivious or not as self aware. I know there's some movie similar, but I can't think of it. Maybe I'm thinking of Pleasantville, but that doesn't seem right.

seris:
now he can phone in all his lines in the movie just like he did with destiny!

/golfclap

Congrats on being the first post AND the first one to make the Destiny joke. Bravo

Frankly I think his VO in Destiny was pretty good.. For playing a ROBOT AI!! I honestly don't see the reasoning behind the complaints.

Oh good god. Look at this:
Why do the birds have limbs?!

Just what i've always wanted!... no not really. xD

What next, Flappy Bird movie?

Angry Birds dildos?

Hello Kitty submachine gun? :o

lol.

Wow, what a bloody joke.
What won't these people do for money I swear...

Wow, Dinklage is turning into Nic Cage all of the sudden tbh.

ObserverStatus:
Wow, Dinklage is turning into Nic Cage all of the sudden tbh.

No, he's just building up his bank while he's got offers. As much as I like the guy and many many others do to, I can see him fading back into obscurity after GoT ends.

There aren't many roles for people like him that are Tyrion calibre and the only reason why he's getting offers is because of the popularity of that character and that show, not that the world has suddenly discovered he's an awesome actor after all these years.

Well he totally phoned in his Dinklebot "performance", so it remains to see if his voice acting has got any better, or if he's again just in it for the money.

I love Dinklage in everything I've seen him in, but when I first saw that picture from the movie my face was sorely in need of the closed caption [screams internally].

Those mutant bird things look horrific.

(Sorry. Someone already posted this.)

Paulhorne Schillings:
I'm still holding out for this to be as much of a disaster as DashCon[1], but Dinklage being in now makes me wish it wouldn't fail so he wouldn't have a shitty track record.

Oh who am I kidding, the kids'll sell organs to the black market just to get a ticket for this shitstorm[3], of course it'll sell well.

Yeah. It seems shallow mobile games are the new Saturday Morning Cartoons.

[1] so as to elevate my utter indifference towards Angry Birds, mobile gaming, and the next generation in general[2],
[2] Jesus Christ, is this how it feels to be part of the older generation?
[3] I still stand by my general philosophy that I can always be proven wrong, but they'd better pull off a Grade A miracle of a movie to turn my regard for Angry Birds 180 degrees

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.