Blizzard Unveils Completely New Overwatch IP - Update

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Smilomaniac:
It will likely be a moderately popular game that won't enter the e-sports scene. I certainly have no interest in watching it.

Good. I'd rather it stay out of the "e-sports scene". I prefer to play video games, rather than watch other people play video games. And this video game looks fun to play.

michael87cn:
Activision-Blizzard showing how it "won't/hasn't" changed the company...

How a company rooted in making RTS games, and then MMORPGs goes straight to making fucking shooters (like we don't have enough of them) is beyond me. I don't like it. nope.

In fact, I straight up don't like blizzard anymore. Used to love them. What a shame. They're basically controlled by call of fucking duty.

Which is why they're making a game which is much more like Team Fortress 2 than any of the Call of Duty games.

I am massively disappointed by this announcement. Why does it have to be a competitive arena shooter? Blizzard could have made the same game as their 'Borderlands' without basically changing anything except the level structure.

I really don't appreciate their focus on competitive online genres they've shown in the last months.

And yes, I'm bitter because I suck at multiplayer, but aside from that Overwatch screames wasted potential when you look at the saturation of game genres.

michael87cn:
Activision-Blizzard showing how it "won't/hasn't" changed the company...

How a company rooted in making RTS games, and then MMORPGs goes straight to making fucking shooters (like we don't have enough of them) is beyond me. I don't like it. nope.

In fact, I straight up don't like blizzard anymore. Used to love them. What a shame. They're basically controlled by call of fucking duty.

That last statement makes zero sense. At all. I can't even offer a rebuttal because it makes so little sense. How on earth do you draw a link between /this/ or anything Blizzard has put out and Call of Duty? That's some serious tin foil string work there.

More to the point, why, if you think this is some CoD conspiricy, would Activision make them compete with their /own/ product?

Blizzard can't catch a break with you guys "We're bring out a new game for one of our beloved series!" "GAH YOU'RE MILKING THE FRANCHISE!" "Okay, we'll make a new IP!" "GAHH YOU'RE SELLING OUT ACTIVISION BITCH!" What, they're not allowed to branch out, try new things? They had their roots in more than just RTS.

Aetrion:
Oh look, all the support characters are women. How original.

There are three support characters. Two of them are female. Do the math.

The Goat Tsar:

Smilomaniac:
It will likely be a moderately popular game that won't enter the e-sports scene. I certainly have no interest in watching it.

Good. I'd rather it stay out of the "e-sports scene". I prefer to play video games, rather than watch other people play video games. And this video game looks fun to play.

How does a game being "in the eSport scene" prevent you from playing it?

A fun, colorful atmosphere? Check!
A load of interesting characters with cool powers? Check!
A sweet cinematic trailer that looks like Pixar meets The Avengers? Check!
A cute spunky British woman with dual pistols and teleport powers teamed up with a CYBORG GORILLA WITH A LIGHTNING GUN AND A JETPACK?!!! Oh hell yes!

OK Blizzard, you can shut up and take my money now!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.