Disney Princesses Get Sorted in Harry Potter-Themed Art

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Disney Princesses Get Sorted in Harry Potter-Themed Art

disney-hogwarts-06

Ariel and Merida are totally Gryffindors.

The fan art trend of "Disney Princesses as X" shows no sign of slowing down. We've seen them as warriors, Final Fantasy job classes, and zombie apocalypse survivors; now Deviantart artist Eira1893 has reimagined the lovely ladies and white knights of Disney fandom as Hogwarts students.

In the eight pieces, the Disney characters are all proudly displaying their house colors, and Eria1893's sorting is dead-on. Ariel and Merida would make great Gryffindors, and Frozen's Anna and Sven are right at home in a Hufflepuff common room. And it's nice to see that Aurora and her prince can keep the flame burning even while belonging to different houses. Prince Naveen of The Princess and the Frog fame has found himself in Slytherin, where one imagines he'd be joined by plenty of Disney villains.

The artwork was first posted back in April, but with J.K. Rowling continuing to tell Harry Potter stories on Pottermore, it seems like a fitting time for this mash-up to make the internet rounds. What are your thoughts on the Disney/Hogwarts sorting? Be sure to let us know in the comments.

Source: Eira1893 on Deviantart

Another one? Those "Disney Princess imagined as something else"-drawing appear every week. Is that really news worthy? Next up, we get the news about the sun rising this morning.

Seriously?

Is there a guy on Tumblr who is being paid to draw all these renditions of Disney princesses or something?

I find it interesting that most of the Princesses are in Ravenclaw (2nd Hufflepuff) and most of the guys are in Gryffindor (second Hufflepuff).

Disney films have been pretty terrible with their leads for a long time (Ariel was the first Princess to be interesting?). They've finally shaken that with their princesses, but the princes are still super bland. Just generically 'brave', or failing that, 'kind'.

Saying that, Aladdin might have had a shot at Ravenclaw if he'd had the right chances in life :P

HA! Already saw this on tumblr Escapist. You just haven't been on your game lately have you? Now can we see Disney Princesses re-imagined as other Disney Princesses? Cause that's what we need more of in our Disney lives; body stealing.

This is more light-hearted Japanese anime styling for these Princesses. The biggest issue is that they're trying to pull out the idea from the Harry Potter MOVIES, which has people wearing dresses, pants, and sweaters. The actual books and universe has them wearing WIZARD ROBES!. There's even a part were a wizard complained about wearing "muggle cloths" because he liked a nice healthy breeze around his privates.

It's complete injustice to the Harry Potter setting to follow one clothing set up that was based on movie 'addition' as compared to the original material provided.

Where the hell is your disney princess's as Ponies?! Look, there are some. *FLIPS THE TABLE*

I have a suggestion if anyone wants to take it: The Escapist Staff as Disney Princesses. Or The Escapist Staff as something they aren't every week... Either way I'd think they'd get the message.

Bindal:
Another one? Those "Disney Princess imagined as something else"-drawing appear every week. Is that really news worthy? Next up, we get the news about the sun rising this morning.

What is "newsworthy" is what draws views. I doubt they would keep posting these if they didn't.

Next week: Disney princesses as cocker spaniels. Personally, I can't wait!

Disney Princesses re-envisioned as various incarnations of the Doctor! Disney Princesses reimagined as mythic beasts! Disney Princesses rediscovered as S.S. Officers! Always a disney princess, all the time!

Is it "news" if there's nothing new about it?

I'm always amazed at how many of the comments are complaining about this. If you don't like it, why bump the threads, the view count, etc.

PrinceOfShapeir:
Disney Princesses re-envisioned as various incarnations of the Doctor! Disney Princesses reimagined as mythic beasts! Disney Princesses rediscovered as S.S. Officers! Always a disney princess, all the time!

I'm waiting for Disney Princesses as Disney Princesses, myself.

Worgen:
Where the hell is your disney princess's as Ponies?! Look, there are some. *FLIPS THE TABLE*

I like yours better than the one in the article. ^^ Neat!

EDIT: Wait a moment! Why does Anna pony have a horn? Elsa has magic, so that makes sense for her, but Anna doesn't. Shouldn't Anna be a pegasus whereas Elsa is a Princess pony (an alicorn, as shown)?

OT: ... honestly, other than Griffindor (or however you spell it), I can't remember the colors, so I have no idea who has been sorted where. I assume that Hans is Slytherin?

Bara_no_Hime:

Snip

OT: ... honestly, other than Griffindor (or however you spell it), I can't remember the colors, so I have no idea who has been sorted where. I assume that Hans is Slytherin?

Yep. Red for gryffindor (bravery), blue for Ravenclaw (smart), green for Slytherin (supposedly ambition) and yellow for Hufflepuff (erm... everything else? What is a Hufflepuff?)

MiskWisk:
Yep. Red for gryffindor (bravery), blue for Ravenclaw (smart), green for Slytherin (supposedly ambition) and yellow for Hufflepuff (erm... everything else? What is a Hufflepuff?)

Hufflepuff was hard work. Also known as "boring".

Anyway, so Elsa = Ravenclaw. I could see that.

Aladdin as Gr... Gryffindor (sp?)? I'd put him to Ravenclaw.

On the other hand, I always found the sorting had kind of arbitrary in the books anyway. **shrug**

There are some fucked up knees in there. Are they all Olympiads?

Josh12345:
Seriously?

Is there a guy on Tumblr who is being paid to draw all these renditions of Disney princesses or something?

That they are getting drawn is the least surprosong thing, thousands of fan art pieces get drawn every week, including plenty that are more professional-looking than these.

The surprising thing is why the Escapist keeps reporting this random lineup as newsworthy productions.

It would be one thing if there would be a weekly "fan art roundup" coloumn, (though even then, the fixation on this particular fandom would be odd) but why as news?

I'm just here for the skirts and knee socks.

This one's been around for a while, hasn't it? Why are we only getting to it now?

And while I do enjoy these... maybe we should take a break from these for a while, if only to stop all the complaining.

Mulan is not there because Hogwarts has a strict "No East Asians" policy.
What about Cho Chang?
That's just it "No East AsianS"

This isn't news and it has nothing to do with games.

Why do these appear every week?

Eric the Orange:

Bindal:

What is "newsworthy" is what draws views. I doubt they would keep posting these if they didn't.

Yeah no that's not it. The issue here is, in a 24-hour news cycle, the amount of news in a given day hasn't actually increased; so it needs to be filled up with this.

Worgen:

-Frozen Pony Pic Snip-

Question: Why is Anna a unicorn? I can understand Elza as a unicorn, but I imagined Anna as a earth pony... *gasp* Wait... Does this make Hans a Pegasus??

OT: It is weird that I'm more puzzled by their overall house placement more than anything else right now?

At first I thought "what the hell did Rapunzel do to that red heads hair" then I realized it was Merida.

Can we please make it a ban-able offense to make one of these threads already? Sure the last one that we had not even a week ago was at least someone entertaining, but this one isn't even slightly clever.

Zachary Amaranth:
I'm always amazed at how many of the comments are complaining about this. If you don't like it, why bump the threads, the view count, etc.

Because it's about ethics in TV/movie journalism.

Sassafrass:

Because it's about ethics in TV/movie journalism.

Well, now it all makes sense.

What is with the obsession with Disney princesses drawn differently in the last couple of years? I can almost always understand the lure behind things even if I'm not interested in them myself, but this one continues to baffle me.

Does Disney Corporation secretly finance all these art series to make sure the Princesses are in our faces all the time? This was not common a few years ago, and now everybody and his mother every few weeks or days is painting the Princesses crossing every other genre and property to make sure we all know they are there 24/7. And I see I am not alone in that suspicion.

The Escapist and it's staff have become somewhat erratic recently. If it's not Bob going crazy, it's an influx of garbage articles such as this one. If it weren't for the odd piece of quality writing and zero punctuation I would give this site a miss.
I'm starting to wonder if this site is being redesigned to appeal to people under the age of 10.

Potter themed? More like Schoolgirl-Fetish.

This isn't news or even noteworthy art... Oh look someone else online has taken up the highly original idea that hundreds of thousands of other artists have had which is mashing up Disney princess characters with another art style or fandom altogether. At this point it is one of the most overdone things online next to whole My Little Pony craze of turning just about anything into a pony.

Not sure why The Escapist feels the need to share these mash ups every time they stumble across one but it isn't clever, it isn't original, it isn't noteworthy, and this kind of stuff should stay on Deviantart where people go to enjoy this kind of over done nonsense. In fact let's just leave all work like this on whatever site it originated on because chances are a good chunk of us don't care about the latest Disney Princess Mash Up or whatever that someone found during their own personal browsing time.

Worgen:

Since we're going full ret- uhh... furry here, why the hell not just have a Disney Princesses as Hedgehogs? Fuck it, I'm googling it.

As horrifying as expected. Yet no more horrifying than the fact that this shit is still showing up in the news section on a weekly basis. Last week they managed to hide a few Disney Princesses among other characters at least.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here