Hackers Might Have Leaked PSN, 2K, Windows Live User Credentials

Hackers Might Have Leaked PSN, 2K, Windows Live User Credentials

Hackers Movie Cast 310x

DerpTrolling posts partial list of reported user logins to Pastebin.

Another week, another alleged user credentials leak.

DerpTrolling, the hacker group that took responsibility for the DDoS attacks on World of Warcraft servers last weekend, reportedly has access to user login information for the PlayStation Network, 2K Games, and Windows Live.

It's important to note that we are still in rumor/unconfirmed report territory right now, so be sure to take this leak news with a hearty grain or two of salt.

The group, led by a hacker named "GabenTheLord," posted a portion of the as-yet-unauthenticated credentials to Pastebin with the following message: "Dear Internet, the following is a very small portion of Lord Gaben and the rest of his crews glorious raids across the high seas of the Internet."

It's important to remember that these leaks have not yet been confirmed by any of the service providers involved, and it very well could be fake, or old information. But as the saying goes, better safe than sorry, so some password changes may be in order before your weekend kicks off.

Thankfully, there haven't been any reported PSN service outages, so this could be worse. A lot worse, as we all know.

We've reached out to Sony and 2K about the reported leaks, and we will update as soon as word comes back from either.

Source: CNET | Pastebin

HOORAY!!! More bloody log in changes potentially required!!

Between this and my weekly "your Steam account has been hacked, location: China", its getting pretty boring now.

Le sigh. Another month, another leak. If only they could cure cancer with the smell of a fart or something useful, instead of leaking shit and doing DDoS attacks all the time, this would be a better world for everyone.

DerpTrolling and GabenTheLord.

Fucking hell, even their names are garbage.

Several significant sources are calling this a hoax. The names on the list don't register as legitimate accounts when trying to "recover password" on PSN.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/21/playstation-network-hack-hoax-experts-say

wooty:

Between this and my weekly "your Steam account has been hacked, location: China", its getting pretty boring now.

The heck do you do to get hacked on Steam? I mean, apart from dubious malware stuff.

I changed my password just in case. Also a good idea since I forgot the last one. XD

The only word that comes to mind is... "Again?"

FalloutJack:

The heck do you do to get hacked on Steam? I mean, apart from dubious malware stuff.

People with Russian and Chinese IPs have brute forced (at least, I'm assuming) my passwords on Steam before. I assume it's brute force because I've been using unique passwords each time. Fortunately, Steam has two-step verification.

I'm guessing that's what they mean by hacked.

Zachary Amaranth:

FalloutJack:

People with Russian and Chinese IPs have brute forced (at least, I'm assuming) my passwords on Steam before. I assume it's brute force because I've been using unique passwords each time. Fortunately, Steam has two-step verification.

I'm guessing that's what they mean by hacked.

"I am brute."

Yeah, I guess that'd be the way, if anything. Not exactly worth it. They must be desperate over there. (Both of them.)

FalloutJack:

"I am brute."

I'm BATMAN!

Yeah, I guess that'd be the way, if anything. Not exactly worth it. They must be desperate over there. (Both of them.)

Yeah, I'm not sure to what end. Not that I want to find out.

i wanted to see whether i am on the list for windows live account, but all i got was "This paste has been removed!". is there other way to check it without actually giving away my account name to anyone?

Also it seems they have defiled the name of the Lord.

Strazdas:

Also it seems they have defiled the name of the Lord.

I'm sorry, he's the one that went 'Batman'. I was just making a pun.

Well the name tells us what part of the internet that Gaben kid frequents at least so someone here might well know them.
I'm reading its a hoax so it could be just a kid/bunch of them trying to get some people to notice them. Hopefully the proper authorities notice them pronto.

Well last night i could login to xbox live no problem this morning i've had to change my password so i'm calling this a true thing. Fucking assholes!

FalloutJack:

wooty:

I have no idea, just get messages saying that my account was accessed in [insert random city], China, was it me?

So password changes are needed every few weeks or so.....

http://kotaku.com/major-psn-hack-may-be-a-fake-1661743294

This is more and more sounding like a fake to me.

wooty:

FalloutJack:

wooty:

I have no idea, just get messages saying that my account was accessed in [insert random city], China, was it me?

I forget, because this doesn't usually happen to me, does Steam lock actions of dubious content automatically like a bank does?

FalloutJack:

wooty:

FalloutJack:

I forget, because this doesn't usually happen to me, does Steam lock actions of dubious content automatically like a bank does?

As far as i know (and i may be wrong) steam locks dubiuos actions if its not performed by a trusted machine that you have to manually trust, so somone accessing it from china may have a hard time. The only time somone from china tried something like that was with my gmail. and my gmail have told me they failed to connect because of password mismach but still asked me if it was me trying to connect or not.

FalloutJack:

Even with the right credentials, you need to authorise the computer.

Strazdas:

As far as i know (and i may be wrong) steam locks dubiuos actions if its not performed by a trusted machine that you have to manually trust, so somone accessing it from china may have a hard time. The only time somone from china tried something like that was with my gmail. and my gmail have told me they failed to connect because of password mismach but still asked me if it was me trying to connect or not.

I had a feeling it might.

Zachary Amaranth:

Even with the right credentials, you need to authorise the computer.

Now that, I did know, as this laptop has had to redo it a few times to make certain after, say, a cache-clear.

FalloutJack:

wooty:

FalloutJack:

It locks me out, until I say that the login attempt wasn't me and have to change my password and answer security questions. Once thats all done, I can access my account again and keep on gamin'.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here