Assassin's Creed: Victory Leaked, Releasing Fall 2015

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Assassin's Creed: Victory Leaked, Releasing Fall 2015

Assassin's Creed: Victory will be released for PS4, Xbox One and PC and take place in Victorian era London.

The next Assassin's Creed will be named Victory and will take place in Victorian London. That, at least, is the indication of recent reports from Kotaku showcasing screen grabs from a leaked gameplay video and citing an anonymous source within in Ubisoft. According to said source, Assassin's Creed: Victory will release in the fall of 2015 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. It will also be the only Assassin's Creed game coming out that year and will utilize the same Anvil engine used to build Assassin's Creed: Unity. Ubisoft, responding to the leak, has confirmed that Victory is being developed by Ubisoft Quebec.

"The team in our Quebec studio has been hard at work on the particular game in question for the past few years, and we're excited to officially unveil what the studio has been working on at a later date," said the publisher. "In the meantime, our number one priority is enhancing the experience of Assassin's Creed: Unity for players." Ubisoft would additionally say that it's "disappointed" that Victory was leaked before it had a chance to formally announce it.

The game itself will add more to the Assassin's Creed's formula than just a new location. The video viewed by Kotaku included sections where the player engaged in combat on top of moving vehicles (carriages and trains). The assassin in Victory will apparently also have a new grappling hook that sounds mildly similar to the one in Just Cause 2. All in all, it looks like an interesting new entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. Then again, if Victory winds up having problems like Assassin's Creed: Unity, it could further sour player's opinions of the series. We'll just have to wait and see how well Ubisoft Quebec does with the game.

Source: Kotaku

Get the fuck out. Europe... again?

Maybe keep this one in the oven a little longer?

Aerosteam:

Well, if ya haven't noticed already, the series is very Euro-centric; Europe is always involved in one way or another whether it be the knights of King Richard being host to the Templars in I, Italian casanova Ezio in II, or the British being the Templars AGAIN in III, or Welsh pirate-turned Assassin Edward in IV, or Frenchman Arno is Unity. They always try to make some way for Europe to be involved. And of course there's also the problem that Ubisoft probably isn't equipped to try and diversify. Sure, they COULD try to do the Middle East again, or maybe Africa, Western Europe, or Asia, but of course those are WAY outside their comfort zone and would require them to, y'know, actually put some effort in and maybe not do a yearly entry for the series. With Unity's screwups though they have a LOT of good will they need to regain.

heyyyyy another shitty ubisoft cash-in, who saw that coming? word of advice you pricks, try testing the game a bit more next time. At least now they won't have to make an atrocious last gen game on top of that. They can just make an atrocious current gen one.

god, I'm just at that point where everything ubisoft does makes me mad. "New Headline: ubisoft cures cancer forever" get the fuck outta here.

Aerosteam:

The only two places this series have been in so far are Europe and North America. Ubisoft, you do know there are five other different continents, Right?

Longing:
heyyyyy another shitty ubisoft cash-in, who saw that coming? word of advice you pricks, try testing the game a bit more next time. At least now they won't have to make an atrocious last gen game on top of that. They can just make an atrocious current gen one.

god, I'm just at that point where everything ubisoft does makes me mad. "New Headline: ubisoft cures cancer forever" get the fuck outta here.

Farcry 4 is ok even if it is only farcry 3 with a new coat of paint. That said kind of funny they just abandoned assassin creed unity. They realize they are killing their trust factor. They are still advertising it for Christ sake.

So AC: Unity is the first Assassin's Creed game I haven't played--Ubisoft, you finally managed to kill of the last of my love for the series. But I like London. So maybe you can make this one good? I can be brought back...but only if you make a good game.

Too soon.

ok Assasins creed here's the deal

I'll pick up where I left off and play ALL of the games...ALL of them if you give me a full honest to god release of a game where I can play as a female assassin

K?

cool

So have any of the bugs been leaked yet? Or are we going to have to sit in suspense until after the review embargoes are over next year?

tf2godz:

Aerosteam:

The only two places this series have been in so far are Europe and North America. Ubisoft, you do know there are five other different continents, Right?

I'd love to see them make an AC set in Antarctica.

Please, stop beating games out of the Assassin's Creed punching bag and let it take a breather. I don't care if you've been working on it for two years, the paradigms have shifted and Assassin's Creed needs time to reconstruct itself.

"You know, why waste time giving you DLC for a failed product like Assassin's Creed: Unity if whe can use it later and sell it as a new game" sincerily Ubisoft :P

Okay my reactions to this are to say the least mixed;

-Firstly, WAY too soon. If this was a 2016 release I'd say people would be more forgiving and willing to accept it after a 2 year gap at the very least.

-Using the engine from Unity shouldn't be too bad as Unity has effectively become the best bug test for your engine to date. just a shame it had to drag an entire game down to do it.

-The Setting? PERFECT! I'm sorry but I've been wanting this era since AC2 and it's one games very rarely touch on. The closest would be the steampunk games that use the aesthetic but never the real life setting or the sherlock holmes games that nobody plays.

Victorian London was a dark, cramped, dirty city with lots of potential for sneaking and assassinations. There's also the acts of the famous Jack the Ripper to follow (or perhaps play out). This was the era when children were sold into workhouses, whole families lived in debters prisons and smog concealed every event at night.

But while I'm posting about the setting I wish people would stop this stupid "the next one had better be in japan or it can just not bother". Because it's honestly getting tired. AC has been a series that uses real world european setting in an industry where 80% of your real-world settings are either japan or america. Most of the time, European setting just means "tolkien fantasy" and if you're luck itm eans an RTS set in the roman era.
That said, an Egyption, Indian or another middle eastern setting wouldn't go amiss.

"Oh no. The sheep have discovered that we're already working on another full price AssCreed title instead of fixing the one that they just paid for."

Plot twist: Everyone in Assassin's Creed Victory will have a French accent.

Vault101:

I'll pick up where I left off and play ALL of the games...ALL of them if you give me a full honest to god release of a game where I can play as a female assassin

K?

cool

Does Assassin's Creed Liberation count? I know it's a spin off but it is a female assassin. Or do you mean a numbered/ main title where you play as one?

Nope, still haven't learned their lesson I see.

Yay, they're doing another time period people have been asking for since AC2. Too bad the series lost it's charm a long time ago. Shit, French Revolution, Victorian England and Japan whenever ninjas would be feasable was always the big 3 people wanted.

Leaked at a very bad time though. And a fucking obvious vertical slice too, only meant to wow those in the press.

And the game is being made by the B-team, not that Montreal's track record the last year was anything to be proud of. Atleast it's not their Z-team, or whatever the hell Ubisoft Sofia is meant to be.

tf2godz:

Aerosteam:

AC1 takes place in Syria and Israel. ACR takes place mostly in Turkey (can be considered part of Europe if you really want to, though culturally middle-eastern during that period) and a bit in Syria. And AC4 takes place in the Caribbean. East-Asia seems to be something they avoided until know, probably going to be next on the list after they're done with the current batch of AC games, testing the waters on that with Far Cry 4 perhaps.

Vault101:

K?

cool

Liberation did that, didn't make a difference really. Game was a shit version of AC3 though (and I thought AC3 was the shit version of AC3, boy was I surprised). And there's going to be that sidescroller with the chinese chick from the Ezio animated shortfilm, though I guess that doesn't meet your criteria. Not that the gender changes the characters, AC protagonists are usually either witty+some other quality or boring+poorly written. It's mostly just visual designs that see difference.

I know this franchise cannot be saved already (at least, in my opinion), but can we at least have a settings-appropriate attire for the assassin? I really don't think you can blend in wearing hoods in Victorian-era London, much less carrying all your weapons on display for everyone to see. That will be a really quick way to get yourself arrested (or worse, be accused to be Jack the Ripper).

Hey...now that's a thought. What if your character is Jack the Ripper? Killing Templars disguised as prostitutes...

dragongit:

Does Assassin's Creed Liberation count? I know it's a spin off but it is a female assassin. Or do you mean a numbered/ main title where you play as one?

as much as I like the premise and appreciate the fact it exists...its not a coincidence that the only titles to feature women are spin-offs

so no, it doesn't

MC1980:

And the game is being made by the B-team, not that Montreal's track record the last year was anything to be proud of. Atleast it's not their Z-team, or whatever the hell Ubisoft Sofia is meant to be.

its all dissolved into a white hooded mush to me....so I can't tell the difference

Liberation did that, didn't make a difference really. Game was a shit version of AC3 though (and I thought AC3 was the shit version of AC3, boy was I surprised). And there's going to be that sidescroller with the chinese chick from the Ezio animated shortfilm, though I guess that doesn't meet your criteria. Not that the gender changes the characters, AC protagonists are usually either witty+some other quality or boring+poorly written. It's mostly just visual designs that see difference.

if they've been feeding us plain porridge for the past 8 years asking them to add cinnamon or apples to it is not going to ruin their vision of constant, bland, lucrative porridge....it might actually be for the better

How the hell is this series not dead yet? Goddamnit world.

Yes, this was 'leaked'. It's totally not a distraction, desperately tryng to draw attention from the stigma of Unity. Heh.

Isn't Unity selling really well despite its horrendous state at launch?

I wonder if the sales for this will decline because of it?

Or are AAA consumers so conditioned to just BUY BUY BUY anything with Assassin's Creed in the name that it won't matter?

Sillarra:
I know this franchise cannot be saved already (at least, in my opinion), but can we at least have a settings-appropriate attire for the assassin? I really don't think you can blend in wearing hoods in Victorian-era London, much less carrying all your weapons on display for everyone to see. That will be a really quick way to get yourself arrested (or worse, be accused to be Jack the Ripper).

Hey...now that's a thought. What if your character is Jack the Ripper? Killing Templars disguised as prostitutes...

well, considering the courtesans are always on the assassin side of things, i think it would be more feasible if jack the ripper was a templar, killing them for their collusion and your courtesan contact was asking you to stop him.

MC1980:

tf2godz:

Aerosteam:

AC1 takes place in Syria and Israel. ACR takes place mostly in Turkey (can be considered part of Europe if you really want to, though culturally middle-eastern during that period) and a bit in Syria. And AC4 takes place in the Caribbean. East-Asia seems to be something they avoided until know, probably going to be next on the list after they're done with the current batch of AC games, testing the waters on that with Far Cry 4 perhaps.

I'll give you the first two but as far as I know the Caribbean is mostly part of north america(continent) so it doesn't count, unless at one point they go to south america in the game in which case never mind.

Oh good. The next AssCreed game leaked so Ubisoft and the media can begin fueling the next hype train before Unity is completely buried in the ground. How many people have already pre-ordered the game? You don't want to get left behind. Has Victory won any "best of" awards yet?

Feel the bitter. Feel it.

"The team in our Quebec studio has been hard at work on the particular game in question for the past few years"

Wait so let me get this straight.

Not only did they release a bug filled, almost non playable alpha of a game with Unity (Seriously, when you have a GTX970 and the framerate can dip into single digits, your game has a problem) From this statement alone, not only did they not dedicate enough time and resources to make this game optimized but they have an entirely different team working on another assassins creed game without FINISHING THE FIRST ONE.

Yea, if this doesn't scream this game will most likely have serious problems ala Unity, then I don't know what else to say.

Oh wait I do.
DONT FUCKING PREORDER IT! Seriously guys, speak with your wallets and let them do this game right.

Yeah, no.
As we can see, this franchise is going down faster than a roller coastrer. Heck, I don't know how Ubisoft can do this better than the Call of Duty franchise. From the facts though, many people are noticing that far less people are buying these games, and pointing out the controversial issues.

Where the hell are the old Ubisoft, from when they did Assassins Creed 2?!
Well, they're probably dead in the cellar of the new regiment.

*sighs*

I'm ... I'm just done with Ubisoft at this point.
When they make a Assassins Creed with a Japanese setting, then one of my ears will hear them ... barely.

Look on the bright side.

They'll save a ton of money not hiring any QA testers for yet another cinematic 4fps experience. Jolly good choice Ubi, jolly good!

I really wish Ubisoft would give the series a breather, Unity should have shown them that they need more time to make a polished game.

Finaly a setting that I really like, but it better not be a half completed glitchfest like Unity...

I kinda stopped caring about assassins creed when they started to drop all pretense of progressing the story. Its just a pandering cash grab and has been since the third game.

Hairless Mammoth:
So have any of the bugs been leaked yet? Or are we going to have to sit in suspense until after the review embargoes are over next year?

tf2godz:

Aerosteam:

I'd love to see them make an AC set in Antarctica.

The parkour in that one might be a tad boring. I mean, even more boring than it is now.

Leaked my ass. They're trying to make people forget about Unity as fast as possible. And they're trying to determine just how much they can hype people for another one of their titles after their recent failures. I'm not hyped at all. Ubisoft's business model is repugnant. It's not convenient for me as a consumer at all.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.