It's Time to Win Ye Olde-Timey Steampunk Glasses from Gunnar

It's Time to Win Ye Olde-Timey Steampunk Glasses from Gunnar

Gunnar Steampunk Edition 310x

Throw these spectacles on, and no one in Columbia will be able to tell you're from...the future.

We're all on board with steampunk, right? Right? No? Anyone object in the back? Anyone? Ok, good.

Now that that's settled: If you're roughly one accessory away from completing that BioShock Infinite cosplay (even thougb Infinite takes place in the 1910's, and steampunk uses the Victorian era and/or the Industrial Revolution as its framework, and...oh, sorry, back to the point), this Gunnar Steampunk Edition contest is probably right up your alley.

Along with a multitude of "Cyber Week" sales (insert AOL-era cyber jokes here), Gunnar is giving away a one-of-a-kind pair of Victorian -inspired spectacles. These cable temple-rockin' specs come with all the advantages of the more modern Gunnar assortment -- amber-tinted lenses that reduce eye strain, protect eyes from Computer Vision Syndrome, and so on -- but with an olde-timey flair.

The contest is free to enter -- no need to drop a Benjamin on a pair, unless you're so inclined and/or your eyeballs are melting off of your face due to excessive Destiny-ing, and you can enter via Facebook, or with your email address. The contest ends Friday evening, but contests happen at Gunnar on a weekly basis (I think), so maybe some futuristic hoverboard-themed glasses will show up next month.

Source: Gunnar Optiks

While those look positively bitchin' I first need to know if I can get them in my specifications... It would be a shame if I won them and couldn't see shit wearing them.

RoonMian:
While those look positively bitchin' I first need to know if I can get them in my specifications... It would be a shame if I won them and couldn't see shit wearing them.

I was thinking the same thing...

I've got a pretty hard prescription, and I'm pretty sure, looking at it, the glasses wouldn't even be able to support the weight. Oh well.

On a side note, does anyone even proofread these articles? At least once a week I see a mind-blowingly obvious spelling mistake.

BeerTent:

RoonMian:

I've got a pretty hard prescription, and I'm pretty sure, looking at it, the glasses wouldn't even be able to support the weight. Oh well.

On a side note, does anyone even proofread these articles? At least once a week I see a mind-blowingly obvious spelling mistake.

Yeah, I'm never gonna find out though because the email address for questions doesn't exist and my email asking got returned to sender... :(

You know why these are awesome? They're not over-designed. Because if steampunk stuff suffers from something it's over-designing. No pointless cogs everywhere or other random crap, just clean and simple.

Or should I say, greasy and simple.

I would rather just pay someone money to make them than enter a competition. Any "buy now" option or is this another one of those things that people can't get unless they win a lottery?

As someone who regularly wears original Edwardian glasses of an almost identical design and construction (WWI re-enactor), just a word of warning: they are really not comfortable. You will get a dent on the bridge of your nose. The tops of your ears will be in pain. Your eyelasses will brush them (they sit very close to your eyes).

GonvilleBromhead:
As someone who regularly wears original Edwardian glasses of an almost identical design and construction (WWI re-enactor), just a word of warning: they are really not comfortable. You will get a dent on the bridge of your nose. The tops of your ears will be in pain. Your eyelasses will brush them (they sit very close to your eyes).

Thankfully these (Gunnar Glasses) are only glasses I use temporarily while at the computer to stop the AC from drying out my eyes.

But how long does it take for them to start getting to you?

RoonMian:

BeerTent:

RoonMian:

Yeah, I'm never gonna find out though because the email address for questions doesn't exist and my email asking got returned to sender... :(

Euugh, if that's the case, I'm now willing to file these glasses under scam territory. Shame The Escapist has devolved to this.

I'm not a fan of the current Gunnar lineup, good thing I bought a pair of Edge a couple years back, but these look awesome. If I'm not getting comments for my yellow lenses then it's the mirror shine on the toe of my boots.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.