Three EA Games Free This Weekend for PlayStation Owners

Three EA Games Free This Weekend for PlayStation Owners

PVZ Garden Warfare Screenshot 02

From now until tomorrow night, you can pick up a few EA games for free on the PlayStation Store to celebrate the console's 20th birthday.

Happy 20th birthday, PlayStation! To celebrate, EA is giving gamers a present--well, three presents, actually. From now until tomorrow night, the entire length of this weekend's PlayStation Experience, three EA games will be available on the PlayStation Store for the low, low price of absolutely nothing.

The three games are the Vita version of Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Mirror's Edge on PS3, and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare on PS4. Sure, Mirror's Edge is six years old, but with a sequel coming soon, now's a great time to revisit the first-person parkour game. Vita owners can grab 2012 racing game Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Garden Warfare is the newest game out of the bunch, having been released earlier this year for Xbox One and Xbox 360 before making its way to PS3 and PS4 in August.

Remember, you only have until tomorrow night to grab these games for free, so what are you waiting for? If you own any of these Sony systems, download EA's birthday gift to PlayStation before it's too late.

Knowing this community, I predict there's going to be a large amount of unnecessary complaining about free stuff.

*grabs Popcorn*

Brian Tams:
Knowing this community, I predict there's going to be a large amount of unnecessary complaining about free stuff.

*grabs Popcorn*

*joins in with Pizza*

Let the shit storm cometh...

OT: May have to pick up Garden Warfare...

Hmm, garden warfare is still coming up as 39.99$, was there anything special we had to do to get the deal?

Brian Tams:

*grabs Popcorn*

You best be sharing that sonny. Does it have butter?

OT: So this doesn't require PS+ does it? I do have it, but was wondering if it did or not. I'll probably grab Need for Speed: Most Wanted since I need more Vita games. Probably will grab Mirror's Edge as well, even though I already have it for PC.

Brian Tams:

Well, I, for one, sing EA's praises. Origin is quite a stable service, and AAA games there have dropped as low as $5. Even now, a Holiday Sale is going on, with several games being $10. The only gripe I have with these free games is a minor case of "PC Master Race deserves these tributes" grumbling. But hey, it's PlayStation's anniversary.

Strange, I just went through the store to check on these games, and they're still marked at full price. Did someone forget to update the store or something?

Ok. On the PSN store, Mirror's Edge[1] is $15, PvZ: GW is $40, and NFS: Most Wanted is $20. So, if you have all three systems, you could get $75 worth of free stuff. Good move on EA, even if it was just a PR ploy. Why hasn't enyone else, like Sony itself, offered a special like this.

My only problem is I only have a PS3 and PSP and not much interest in the Edge of the Mirror. It would have been nice if they also gave away a PSP game. It's not like the PSN doesn't work with it anymore. And that would get guys like me more interested in EA stuff and updated to the newer hardware. I guess I'll at least download ME tonight. Thanks EA.

[1] Edge is a registered trademark of Edge Games. If you used the word Edge at anytime in your life, you owe us money.

NiPah:
Hmm, garden warfare is still coming up as 39.99$, was there anything special we had to do to get the deal?

Right? I just went through the store too. Did we forget to update or something?

Is this US only, or do we Europeans also get something for a change?

Edit: found them (I think). I had to go in the special 20th Anniversary section, a search does not bring them up.

Darmy647:

NiPah:

Right? I just went through the store too. Did we forget to update or something?

Only the PS4 version is free for PvZ, in case you're trying to get it on another system.

NiPah:

Hey man, i just restarted my ps4 real quick, it refreshed the Playstation store page and its available for free now!

Free is great. I really wish that need for speed was the console version though.

I'm likely to play Need For Speed the most out of the three but Soul Sacrifice Delta is taking up a lot of my time.

Much obliged EA

Oh joy, I've always wanted to give Mirror's Edge a shot and this seems like the perfect time to do so. Going to get the download started .3.

Picked up Need for Speed and Mirror's Edge. Damnit EA, stop putting out so many free games! I still haven't finished Dragon Age: Origins!

Guessing they are giving Garden Warfare away is cuz it isn't selling well and they hope giving away copies will bring in suckers to purchase micro-transactions.

*shrugs* If they are free I won't say no, but don't think it makes up for all the crap they have pulled this year alone.

I've actually wanted to get Garden Warfare for a while now but could never justify the purchase, so this is awesome!

Free isn't good enough. If they paid me, I'd still be unlikely to want to touch mirrors edge, a game so dreadful I returned it for a full refund for being dreadful. And isn't that P vs Z game the one with all the microtransactions up the jacksy?

Xman490:

Well, I, for one, sing EA's praises. Origin is quite a stable service, and AAA games there have dropped as low as $5. Even now, a Holiday Sale is going on, with several games being $10. The only gripe I have with these free games is a minor case of "PC Master Race deserves these tributes" grumbling. But hey, it's PlayStation's anniversary.

But dude, they're not Steam.

A more damning statement has never been uttered!

Have Mirror's Edge on PC already and I have no interest at all in PvZ, but I did pick up Most Wanted for the Vita. It's what seems to be a pretty good street racing title but, personally, I find it doesn't work too well on the hardware. The small thumb sticks and a lack of analog trigger control, combined with the small screen, make it hard for me to enjoy. Your results may vary though as it seems like it has the core of a solid game and after trying it out I could actually be convinced to pick it up on other hardware if the price were right.

Hmmm. Well, Mirror's Edge is a good game and I don't have it, so it should be worth snagging.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here