Get The Feels From New Inside Out Trailer

Get The Feels From New Inside Out Trailer

Disney and Pixar reveal their "major emotion picture"

A new trailer has hit (courtesy Disney UK) that gives a more detailed look into the premise of [i]Inside Out, the new original animated comedy from the Pixar brain-trust.

Directed by Up's Pete Docter, Inside Out takes place in a world where peoples' behavior is "steered" by a team of humanized Emotions living in the Command Center of their minds: Joy, Anger, Sadness, Fear and Disgust. The main characters are the Emotions of a young girl named Riley, whose Joy (Amy Poehler) finds her previously life-long position as Riley's most-prominent feeling being challenged by Sadness (Phyllis Smith) who has suddenly become assertive as Riley approaches her teens.

In the film's main story, Riley's Joy and Sadness become separated from the Command Center after arguing with eachother, and must make their way back before being driven only by Fear, Anger and Disgust turn Riley into (another) moody teenager. The trailer depicts a scene wherein these remaining Emotions try (badly) to help Riley deal with her parents - and offers an amusing glimpse of their Emotions as well.

Inside Out is due for release on June 19, 2015

Source: Disney UK

Ohmygod. Ohmygod. Ohmygod.

So awesome. So very awesome. Loved it. I will hate waiting for it.

The new trailer bring new insight of the film which I am liking it so far since I thought it was focusing only on the girl. It never occur to me they would show us the other "emotions" from other characters!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss....

I think this is looking to be another Pixar great. I'm kind of hoping for a bit of an Osmosis Jones vibe from this one.

It doesn't look like it now, but I got a sinking feeling this is gonna end up like Frozen all over again. I pray that isn't true.

Firs trailer really left me meh, but this one shows it really shaping up! Now I'm interested.

This reminds me so much of the old Cranium Command at Disneyworld.

I approve!

Lagslayer:
It doesn't look like it now, but I got a sinking feeling this is gonna end up like Frozen all over again. I pray that isn't true.

Different studio.

I'll be honest: I wasn't a fan at first. I thought they were taking the shortcut by simplifying emotions, but this looks like an easy-to-access venue for illustrating feelings for young people who may be having trouble understanding themselves.

And comedic. I like animated comedies, too.

Trailer made me smile. Looks like it could be quite good!

Lagslayer:

In what way? Overplayed and talked about on the internet? Misleading advertising? I'm confused.

OT: I really like this trailer, the movie looks like it really has potential. I hope it delivers.

riley sounds familiar....

Dark Knifer:

In what way? Overplayed and talked about on the internet? Misleading advertising? I'm confused.

The confusion is intentional. Vaguely alluding to your hatred of a generally beloved movie in an undrelated promising movie's thread, is one of the most blatant tactics of begging for attention on your random opinions.

Entitled:

Dark Knifer:

The confusion is intentional. Vaguely alluding to your hatred of a generally beloved movie in an undrelated promising movie's thread, is one of the most blatant tactics of begging for attention on your random opinions.

Maybe? I dunno why seeking random opinions would be that stimulating unless you actually wanted discussion.

Maybe attention is a resource that internet people use to build computers or something.

Oh boy, looks like this is gonna be a good one. Nice concept behind this one too. Other than that wretched Ant movie Pixar cant seem to put a foot wrong!

Lagslayer:

This is made by Pete Doctor, not John Lassiter. Entirely different level of quality. This won't end up like Frozen.

I am liking it so far. This might be a return to form for Pixar...

So... help me figure this out.

The mother has feminine emotions, all wearing pearls and glasses, and the father has all masculine emotions, what with all the mustaches and liking of the soccer.

Why does Riley have emotions from both genders?

Burnouts3s3:

The mother has feminine emotions, all wearing pearls and glasses, and the father has all masculine emotions, what with all the mustaches and liking of the soccer.

Maybe because she's still going through puberty? Her getting a hold of her developing emotions is the premise of the movie as I recall, so maybe as her sexual identity as well has yet to develop properly, we have these mixed and gender-neutral emotions running the show?

Just a thought.

Dreamfiller:

Burnouts3s3:

Maybe because she's still going through puberty? Her getting a hold of her developing emotions is the premise of the movie as I recall, so maybe as her sexual identity as well has yet to develop properly, we have these mixed and gender-neutral emotions running the show?

Just a thought.

I think they are representing more the influence of both mother and father on her emotions and how they are portrayed. Just like people say things like "She's got her mothers humor, but her father's temper" etc etc. This I think is reflecting that. To give a very easy, visual link between the aspects of her personality, and which parent most greatly influenced them.

If Pixar's previous trailers are anything to go by, most of the movie won't be like this. It'd get old fast. It might be a good movie. I wonder what happened to her nose...

I don't like the way the father is portrayed as a classically out of touch "honey, where did I leave the remote?" kind of guy. I am hoping a movie about emotions can show more of complexities in people.

This looks so great, but I got a sinking feeling when all the mother's emotions swooned for the helicopter pilot.
I hope this doesn't have an unhappy marriage as the backdrop/main focus.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here