Another Round of Star Wars Games Hits GOG Today

Another Round of Star Wars Games Hits GOG Today

Star Wars Rogue Squadron 310x

Disney is officially not messing around with classic Star Wars games anymore.

The Star Wars video game dam hath broken, and GOG is the simple mountain town down in the valley that will witness the chaos.

We received a bundle of new Star Wars games earlier this week -- including Galactic Battlegrounds and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter -- and now another Star Wars supply drop has landed via the mythical powers of digital distribution.

Today, we're getting three classic LucasArts games...

• Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D (digital distribution premiere)
  • Star Wars: Rebellion (digital distribution premiere)
  • Star Wars: Empire at War: Gold Pack
  • ...followed by another three titles on Monday, January 27th...

• Star Wars: Republic Commando
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
  • Star Wars: Starfighter
  • Five of the six titles appear to be selling at full price at either $5.99 or $9.99, while Empire at War is 20 percent off at $11.99.

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is near the top of my list, but what really gets my midi-chlorians going? Rogue Squadron. It defined my Nintendo 64 experience (alongside GoldenEye and Perfect Dark), so playing with a joystick on PC will be a welcome shot of nostalgia.

This latest wave of LucasArts titles brings GOG's total up to 18 -- non-Star Wars titles included -- and "GOG will release more Lucasfilm titles throughout 2015." More to come, young padawans...more to come.

Source: GOG.com PR

WHAT!??, Rogue Squadron!?. OMG, I haven't played that one since the N64 days and I've heard the PC version was near impossible to get working on modern systems!. Kudos to GOG once again! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I think my favorite part of this is that GOG does the work to get them running on newer systems... I Love Rebellion, but have never got it running on Win7... mind you I didn't try really hard either... but now I don't have to.

For Shame Captcha! This is not a Pyrrhic Victory.

Rogue Squadron, Dark Forces 2 AND Empire at War. Fuck. I can only get two and still have enough cash for Grim Fandango. I both love and hate GOG right now.

Well, if they fix Dark Forces 2 and make it play the cutscenes fullscreen, I'll buy it.

I'm still waiting on X-Wing Alliance, both with a sense of anticipation and dread.
    Anticipation because the skirmish mode in that game was basically a culmination of everything they got right in TIE-Fighter and X-Wing, and dread because I'd need to fix or acquire a new flight stick if they did release it.

Still, Galactic Battlegrounds; it was the weirdest damn game effectively being a total conversion of Age of Empires 2.
    Haven't played that since my Junior year in high school.

So many games I want to play...

@Atmos Duality

X-Wing Alliance was already released on Tuesday

I was one of the few who actually enjoyed Rebellion. Looking forward to playing it again. I still have my disks and books for it and Syndicate, but haven't had a system that could actually play them in ages.

Belaam:
    I was one of the few who actually enjoyed Rebellion. Looking forward to playing it again. I still have my disks and books for it and Syndicate, but haven't had a system that could actually play them in ages.

I liked it a lot too, but it was hard as balls. Stupid little imperial droid kept killing me over and over again for fucking up.

What the...Rogue Squadron is less than 48MB? What was the capacity of those GameCube discs anyway?

...followed by another three titles on Monday, January 27th...

Monday the 26th or Tuesday the 27th?

Frezzato:
    What the...Rogue Squadron is less than 48MB? What was the capacity of those GameCube discs anyway?

I think you are thinking of Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader. The first game was not on GameCube. Unfortunately, Rogue Squadron 2 was never on PC, so that disappoints me greatly. I loved that game.

Laggyteabag:

Frezzato:

I think you are thinking of Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader. The first game was not on GameCube. Unfortunately, Rogue Squadron 2 was never on PC, so that disappoints me greatly. I loved that game.

Thanks for the correction. I was wondering how they had cleared up the graphics so nicely, although the sheer number of on-screen enemies in Roque Squadron 2 was pretty impressive.

YES! Republic Commando AND Empire at War! Now, time for some epic modding...

Just to warn anyone against it, do not buy Rogue Squadron... it is nigh unplayable. The mouse somehow manages to be janky and sluggish as well as overly sensitive at the same time. The camera is straight up awful, with a tendency to zoom out when accelerating, meaning you have to be in cockpit mode in order to resolve this (which just sucks). My controller (xbox one) can only be calibrated in the launcher, which the game seems to completely ignore. The menu blacks out every few seconds, making navigation a bitch. If you run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 98/ME (which may resolve some issues previously stated), the frame rate drops into the negatives.

While I would love to recommend the game (as it was a childhood favorite) I have gotten nothing but a headache from it. Oh well, back to playing Galactic Battlegrounds.

Wait wait... Star Wars: Starfighter?

As in... Jedi Starfighter?!? please tell me I'm not dreaming...

Ah crap.. that's the one that came after that. Man... I hope Jedi Starfighter comes to the platform as well.

Still. PC gaming, you've done it again. Gonna grab that Rogue Squadron. Fantastic game.

Atmos Duality:
    I'm still waiting on X-Wing Alliance, both with a sense of anticipation and dread.
    Anticipation because the skirmish mode in that game was basically a culmination of everything they got right in TIE-Fighter and X-Wing, and dread because I'd need to fix or acquire a new flight stick if they did release it.

Still, Galactic Battlegrounds; it was the weirdest damn game effectively being a total conversion of Age of Empires 2.
    Haven't played that since my Junior year in high school.

I know, man.

I remember playing that and wondering just why I was growing crops of food for my Trade Federation droid army.

I even remember playing as the empire sending around ships fighting the Gungans. Wow, the nostalgia.

oh man i so have to get rebellion grand strategy star wars style :D now what did i do with the manual and that cool ass poster that came with it that detailed all the units

Ishal:

I know, man.

I remember playing that and wondering just why I was growing crops of food for my Trade Federation droid army.

I even remember playing as the empire sending around ships fighting the Gungans. Wow, the nostalgia.

As much as I'd like to think I was exterminating the species that gave us Jar-Jar Binks, I will admit the Gungans were pretty great. Those mobile shield generator units are freaking amazing.

EDIT:

caiman16:
    @Atmos Duality

X-Wing Alliance was already released on Tuesday

Oh balls. Time to try and fix that flight stick. ;p
    Thanks for the heads up.

Oh man, Star Wars: Republic Commando and Galactic Battlegrounds are two amazing games.
    Would recommend to anyone here. Especially Galactic Battlegrounds although the graphics may be dated since I played it way back when. Very dated.

When they first started putting older Star Wars games on Steam, I crossed my fingers hoping for a digital copy of Galactic Battlegrounds, as my discs have long ago worn out.

What GOG has done here has made me the happiest. I didn't think they could top I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream and Harester on my years-long wish list, but somehow they have. Aliens vs Predator 2000 was a nice touch, as well.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.