Here's Your Trailer For The Dead Rising Movie

Here's Your Trailer For The Dead Rising Movie

Rob Riggle is Frank West in Crackle video game adaptation

Crackle, the video-streaming outlet that rocketed to fame earlier this year upon being (briefly and incorrectly) believed to be the only site hosting The Interview, has debuted the first trailer for their original production Dead Rising: Watchtower; the first live-action movie adapted from the Dead Rising games.

The film (which takes place during the events of the games but in different locations and following a different main cast) follows a group of people who find themselves trapped in a quarantine zone during a zombie outbreak, where the situation has deteriorated due to the failure of an anti-zombie vaccine. The trailer reveals the cast (including Virginia Madsen, Jesse Metcalf, Dennis Haysbert and others) in conflict with zombies and utilizing the Dead Rising 2's signature custom-weaponry.

The low-budget feature was directed by Zach Lipovsky, who previously helmed Leprechaun: Origins and Tazmanian Devils. Comedian Rob Riggle also appears, playing the game's hero Frank West in a supporting role. The end result is set to premiere exclusively on Crackle on March 27th, 2015.

Source: Crackle

Somehow Rob Riggle as Frank West might be the only way I actually enjoy Rob Riggle at all. I'm intrigued, so I might actually be willing to check this out at least once. I feel I may regret it, but even if it is atrocious, it can't be worse than the other movies Capcom has licensed out over the years.

Looks goofy, it'll fit in with the series that way.

But 5 freaking days? You had one job, film producers, one job to keep it consistent with the games.

I do like the piss-taking zombie movies such as Zombieland and Sean of the Dead, so here's hoping this one can also score top marks in that sub-genre.

This is on my watch list for the year.

That's the first thing I've wanted to see with Jesse Metcalfe since Passions went to Direct TV.

I want to watch this film now.

I want to watch this film.

actually, looks promising. will keep na eye out for it.

Looks funny, I'll likely check it out.

YOURE BASICALLY F&CKED! :D

Hmmm...at least the whacky flavor of the game is preserved, there appears to be someone crafting a ridiculous weapon out of whatever tools they can find, and the zombies appear to be shambling and fairly slow with some "sprinting" when a human is near by. I may check this out after all.

piscian:

I haven't played the games with West in them and I always assumed West was a grim brooding guy. Was he a smug wise ass in the game?

Who gives a rats bloody arse about Rob Riggle? I believe I saw the All State guy. The All State guy! I'll watch this cause of him!

The film (which takes place during the events of the games but in different locations and following a different main cast)

Soooooo it's literally just going to be a generic zombie movie then? I'll pass.

Keep in mind, folks, that Dead Rising was not the first zombie-based media to play around with improvised weaponry.

LetalisK:

piscian:

I haven't played the games with West in them and I always assumed West was a grim brooding guy. Was he a smug wise ass in the game?

Frank west was the unlikeable douchebag reporter from Dead Rising 1. Totally fits him perfectly. Part two was the moody single dad extreme bike racer. Part 3 was a pretty related nice mexican kid.

Looks like they're trying way too hard to be hip and funny.

WUBWUBWUB

But... has he covered wars?

Oddly enough, I think the people doing this film actually 'get' dead rising better than the dev studios who made the second and third games.

I was there and saw this being filmed!
Funny to be in a crowd of people and hear them confused about "Zombrex", hehehe...

If this movie was going to be centered around Frank West played by Rob Riggle, then I would be all in. But it really just looks like a low budget zombie movie to me.

Baresark:
If this movie was going to be centered around Frank West played by Rob Riggle, then I would be all in. But it really just looks like a low budget zombie movie to me.

right, but give this indie low budget project the love and attention, and we will undoubtedly get a rob riggle frank west movie. look what happened with the test deadpool footage.

Woah, they said 'zombies' in a zombie movie! Totally against the rules!

So yeah, there's no way I won't be watching this movie - not sure it looked that good, but there were some funny one-liners so hopefully it won't suck.

If Frank West does not say "I've covered wars ya know," in this movie, then it is a complete failure.

Still not sure about that casting.

Frank always struck me as a schlub, not a former marine like Riggle. I always pictured Vince Vaughn playing Frank. Not early in his career when he showed promise either. I mean post Wedding Crashers loser Vince Vaughn. The guy who made The Internship and The Watch. That's past-his-prime Frank West in my imaginary version of a Dead Rising film that I have in my brain meats.

Still, I often find Rob Riggle amusing. He's been on @midnight and made me laugh enough that I am eager to see this. Of course Dead Rising is my favorite game franchise so I'm sure I will be far too critical of this regardless of it's quality. Good luck Riggle! You better have covered wars! :P

It looks... like something, so I might watch it at some point but I have no hurries about it.

Baresark:

While I didn't care for it at all, when they announced his role, I assumed he was going to be the main guy also.

Looks amazing.
Don't really care for Crackle.
So I guess I'll never see it.
Oh well.

This is clearly set in the third game, not the first.

You know since its only the third game that

"I thought you injected him."

"I did."

Hmm, maybe I'll wait until someone cuts all of Rob Riggle's stuff into a three minute youtube video. It really sounds like he's nailed that character.

Looks interesting. First time I've heard of crackle too!

Evonisia:

But 5 freaking days? You had one job, film producers, one job to keep it consistent with the games.

The first game did take place over 5 days though.

Frank West is wearing a Servbot t-shirt in one of those shots! This could turn out to be pretty good.

Looks...pretty good, actually. This is a nice surprise.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here