Hugh Jackman Will be Wolverine Till The Day he Dies

Pages PREV 1 2

Vivi22:
Doesn't hurt that the man is more ripped than ever in DoFP.

You can bet your ass though he must've done like a half hour of weightlifting before shooting that one nudey scene. The dude was veiny as fuck.

Objectable:

deathbydeath:
Actually there was a great chapter of Worm that dealt with that sort of prejudice, and the Wormverse has way more parahumans (statistically speaking, plus all these powers are actually powers and not just people who are smart/roided up) than the Marvel or DC settings.

Wait... someone else on here has read Worm? HOLY SHIT!

Soup.
Though it is a rarity to meet others who have, in fairness it's not a topic which really comes up much I suppose...

OT:
Standard actor rhetoric or no he does make an iconic Wolverine. I would wager he has several more years in him, as others have stated he really does have the right aesthetic though I wonder how much of that is hindsight bias, how well another actor would have filled the same role.

If I remember correctly didn't wolverine official die off in the comics? It wouldn't be to big of a stretch to do it in the movies.

Worst case they could always use a fake Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine using a computer generated character.

I just read Old Man Logan a couple days ago on a long car trip. I liked it a lot, but it really would need to be longer than the comic book. They'd need to go into more detail of how everything got to that point. I would love if it was the final farewell to both Wolverine and Hugh Jackmans portrayal of him.

Onto the topic: It's admirable for Jackman to want to play him for as long as they want him, but I agree with whoever said he needs to stop killing himself for the role physically. It'll increase his longevity dramatically.

Arnoxthe1:

josemlopes:
Now if only the writters of the Wolverine movies tried to be better too.

I liked X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

You have 1 minute before I release hounds.

blackrave:

Why? D: What was so bad about it?

Arnoxthe1:

blackrave:

Why? D: What was so bad about it?

Please don't tell me you killed the hounds, then returned to mock me.
Hounds are expensive, dammit!

As for your question: A lot.

blackrave:

It will take more than hounds to get rid of me...

As for your answer, that tells me nothing. C'mon now. Let's hear it.

Arnoxthe1:

blackrave:

It will take more than hounds to get rid of me...

As for your answer, that tells me nothing. C'mon now. Let's hear it.

I watched it few years ago, and since I don't have habit of taking notes every time I watch movie I can't give clear answer.
But I can tell that at the end of movie my head was in pain.
No, not because plot was complex and went over my head, but because of amount of facepalms I gave myself while watching this
And not just lore inconsistencies (since my comic book knowledge is near non-existent), but logical inconsistencies, factual errors and stupid behaviour of characters.

Yes, fine, I agree you have all the rights in the world to like this movie, but please don't pretend it is good.

P.S. No, I'm not going to watch it one more time just to answer to your question.

When he is old enough to not be entirely ageless, old man Logan is a whole other wolverine film series he could come out with.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here