Hotline Miami 2 Cudgels You On March 10th, Comes With Payday 2 DLC

Hotline Miami 2 Cudgels You On March 10th, Comes With Payday 2 DLC

Hotline Miami 2 March 2015 310x

...and a free cross-promotion with Payday 2 is coming with it.

After delaying Hotline Miami 2 last October, Devolver Digital and Dennaton Games have finally come out with a proper release date for the top-down 80s nightmare-turned-action-flick-amalgamation.

Dennaton's latest hits PC, Mac, Linux, PS3, Vita, and PS4 on March 10th. The usual players will have the title on tap, including -- Steam, GOG -- and some sort of Humble appearance is in the works (we're not sure if it's a standalone release there, or if Hotline Miami 2 will appear in a bundle). $15 is the asking price, but those who pre-order will see the cost knocked down 10% to $13.49.

Along with the vanilla release, there's the Digital Special Edition ($19.99, or $17.99 pre-ordered), which includes a six-track EP of remixed game tracks. M|O|O|N, Scattle and Carpenter Brut are among the included artists.

And for those Payday 2 players who purchase Hotline Miami 2, there's a free DLC pack coming your way. Overkill will be releasing a Hotline Miami 2-inspired jacket and mask pack, content addition, complete with the character Jacket, and a handful of Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number masks. Jacket is reserved for those who purchase the Digital Special Edition, while the masks will be available to all comers (who own both games). Jacket also comes with his own gun, melee weapon, and perk deck.

This isn't the first time Overkill and Dennaton/Devolver have teamed up; September saw the release of a $6.99 DLC pack containing weapons, masks, and a heist.

Source: Devolver/Dennaton PR

Worth noting that people from Australia (which can't get the game) are allowed to contact Overkill directly and get the Payday 2 content that way if they provide a scan of their ID and have the subject "Australian Heist calling in"

While I probably get the game on a sale, I consider the character INCREDIBLE unfitting for Payday 2: visually the little characterisation he had and he DOESN'T HAVE A VOICE - he's not a mute, the comics confirm that. The last one they solve in the dumbest way possible - having him use recorded voice-lines from a cassette tape (or the sound of it)...
That in combination with all the other bad stunts Overkill is pulling right now (announcing a paid DLC a few days after the community got a free DLC with nearly the same name, for example - and using the content of the paid DLC to promote the free one) that is anything but a good thing to hear for me.

March 10th? Damn this came out of nowhere

I can't believe it's so close now :o

I'll have this to play as we wait for GTA V to be released tho so that's good news

Might even get the deluxe edition becasue DAMN the first game was great :D

And not mentioned at all...?
Special edition isn't a jacket, it's a new 'character' along with its own skills and the like, on top of the melee weapon and gun that comes with it.

I really need to get the first one. Really feel like an idiot for still not playing it.

SilverHunter:
And not mentioned at all...?
Special edition isn't a jacket, it's a new 'character' along with its own skills and the like, on top of the melee weapon and gun that comes with it.

That. There is quite a bit wrong or missing about the crossover DLC in this news post.

Following things are wrong or missing:
1 - Players aren't getting the Jacket Character Pack for buying Hotline Miami 2, they get that only for buying the Digital Deluxe Edition of Hotline Miami 2. Said pack contains a character, mask, melee-weapon, SMG and a Perk Deck.
2 - It is not a jacket inspired by Hotline Miami, it is the Character named Jacket (Main Protagonist of the first game)
3 - Players that purchase ANY version of Hotline Miami 2 get a pack of 6 masks
4 - Australian Players can get both DLCs for free by contacting Overkill directly
5 - Pre-Orders of Hotline Miami 2 are going to support the current "Hype Train Event" of Payday 2.

I see no xbox platform releases. Is this something to do with that 'parity clause' bullstrip?

The Jacket character DLC point has been fixed -- I didn't catch the capital J in the press release the first time around, so I thought it was some sort of Varsity jacket-style costume for crew members. Apologies!

As for the Payday 2 DLC in general, the press release I was sent says, "...exclusive new Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number masks and a "Jacket" character pack for PAYDAY 2 free to owners of Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number and the Digital Special Edition." But now that Overkill has launched its DLC promo page (now included in the post), that's been cleared up. Check the post for updated information.

-Devin Connors

Huh, so his name really is (semi-)canonically/officially "Jacket" now?

Aeshi:

According to the press release, it appears so!
-Devin Connors

Aeshi:

Well, it was that or Richard, but that was more related to the mask then Jacket.

SPARTANXIII:

Aeshi:

Well, it was that or Richard, but that was more related to the mask then Jacket.

The masks were usually named after the original owner and Jacket apparently only ever wore the Richard mask (both confirmed by the comic), so Richard seems to be his actual name - but Jacket is the more known one. Plus this one isn't technically him, either.

Bindal:
Worth noting that people from Australia (which can't get the game) are allowed to contact Overkill directly and get the Payday 2 content that way if they provide a scan of their ID and have the subject "Australian Heist calling in"

While I probably get the game on a sale, I consider the character INCREDIBLE unfitting for Payday 2: visually the little characterisation he had and he DOESN'T HAVE A VOICE - he's not a mute, the comics confirm that. The last one they solve in the dumbest way possible - having him use recorded voice-lines from a cassette tape (or the sound of it)...
That in combination with all the other bad stunts Overkill is pulling right now (announcing a paid DLC a few days after the community got a free DLC with nearly the same name, for example - and using the content of the paid DLC to promote the free one) that is anything but a good thing to hear for me.

Ofcourse we can get the game, just not in our local stores. GoG.com, humble bundle, ozgameshop etc are all good sources.

RicoADF:

Bindal:

Ofcourse we can get the game, just not in our local stores. GoG.com, humble bundle, ozgameshop etc are all good sources.

Those also don't check for your IP (but I also don't know if they offer the Digitial Deluxe Edition - and I doubt the GoG Version is actually able to be used on Steam and hence unlocking the content for Payday 2)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here