Sponsored: Paul Blart Returns in New Fast and Furious Spoof Trailer

Sponsored: Paul Blart Returns in New Fast and Furious Spoof Trailer

It has been over half a decade since we last saw Paul Blart, a mall cop played by Kevin James. Now he's back (and faster than ever) in his own take on the Fast and Furious franchise, the latest of which, Furious 7, opens just a couple of weeks before his new movie. In the trailer, Blart attempts to stop a street race, only to be brushed off for not being a real cop. To prove how cool he is - or perhaps to show how un-cool the street racers are, since the trailer does feel strangely self-aware - he starts performing dance moves on his Segway. In typical Blart fashion, things don't go entirely smoothly, but he emerges from the wreckage he causes unscathed and to a parade of cheers.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop saw the eponymous, Segway-riding hero fight against a group of robbers who were trying to steal millions of dollars from inside the mall he swore to protect. In the six years since that incident, he's earned himself a vacation in Las Vegas. Unfortunately, his vacation gets cut short when he's forced to go on duty and save the day once again.

Directed by Andy Fickman (Parental Guidance, The Game Plan, and She's the Man) and written by Nick Bakay and starring Kevin James - both of whom penned the first film's screenplay - Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 opens in theaters everywhere on April 17, 2015.

Disclaimer: This article is written on behalf of our Sponsor and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Escapist's editorial staff.

Oh dear.
Escapist featuring sponsored news?
I do hope that that is the actual April Fools joke.

Sponsored articles in the news feed?

Really?

Jesus Christ, this place is going down the crapper.

Sponsored news? April Fools?

I'm glad you all pay attention to your user base.
At least it's not in Off-Topic this time.

Sponsored??? I hope this is a joke. If not, I've been holding this in since 2012.

An Ceannaire:

Really?

Well, that was fun. WHere'sthe avatar from? Stein's Gate or Fairy Tail?

No need to repeat what has been said before. Seconded to everyone above. If you're going to feature sponsored news be sponsored by spacex or some other awesome company. Not Paul Blart.

C'mon, guys, this isn't the first time there has been sponsored news.

What I'm surprised by is that the first two movies were enough of a success to warrant a third...

ArcaneGamer:

An Ceannaire:

Really?

Steins:Gate. It's Kurisu.

Aerosteam:

What I'm surprised by is that the first two movies were enough of a success to warrant a third...

It isn't the first time and it isn't even the shittiest, since they aren't trying to disguise it. It's still pretty goddamn terrible though, especially since it's in the actual news feed.

An Ceannaire:

ArcaneGamer:

An Ceannaire:

Really?

Steins:Gate. It's Kurisu.

Thanks for the clarification. Is the series any good?

No one will get this reference.
Probably.

Also, I'd be more surprised by a sponsored post if they hadn't made a few before this one.
I'd also be more surprised if I cared someone paid them to write this.

At least they have the decency to put "sponsored" in bold.

Native advertising will be the death of journalism.

#selloutboys

Although, to be honest, so long as it's clearly labelled as sponsored, I don't have any problem with this. At least until we can pay bills with our hopes and dreams anyway.

Native advertising? Christ, I wish there was somebody fighting for ethics in journalism.

Captcha: anti-dentite. I am not an anti-dentite, I just think they should have to go to their own schools is all.

Sassafrass:

Probably.

Also, I'd be more surprised by a sponsored post if they hadn't made a few before this one.

The Escapist didn't sell out, they bought in to the future of Kevin James comedies.

so out with a whimper then eh escapist?

i don't mind (marked) sponsored content. But i do feel that The Escapist is a bit in financial trouble. Also the going away of Moviebob and Jim hurt the content to a non minor degree.

Let's see where this goes. 8 Bit Philosophy is great though!

I don't mind this type of thing at all, honestly it just seems like a less intrusive ad.
As long as sponsored content is labeled as such I feel more secure that the other content is free from certain bias (I also like how it's disclosed that Strauss is connected to Take-Two in pertinent stories).

Honestly it's touches like these that make me feel safer in reading the actual news stories.

Spot1990:
Native advertising? Christ, I wish there was somebody fighting for ethics in journalism.

Captcha: anti-dentite. I am not an anti-dentite, I just think they should have to go to their own schools is all.

I don't think there's anything unethical about this since it's CLEARLY disclosed in the title itself. If you don't want to support it then don't give it the clicks.

Wow... Is no one going to talk about the semi-not-funny parody trailer for Paul Blart 2? *sighs* Fine...

I did like the whole bit with the segue... Almost made it worth it to watch it again...

Sassafrass:

Probably.

I totally get the ref.

OT: You couldn't sell out harder than putting a Doors song on a 70's car commercial.

I saw the promo for it before Kingsman.
It was sickeningly unfunny.

Larry the Cable Guy levels of Po-faced contempt.

At least they told us. In big, bold writing too!!
As for the actual thing they get paid to promote? I've made a mental note to avoid it as much as I can due to the video being awful, and me having no interest in it at all.
I'm also a very bitter and angry person, but hey.

I dont mind sponsored stuff as long as its relevant and interesting, and it does seem to be the growing standard these days. I just wish Escapist had't opted for it, so many little changes lately around here that are slowly dissuading me from using the site.

Jaro Black:
i don't mind (marked) sponsored content. But i do feel that The Escapist is a bit in financial trouble. Also the going away of Moviebob and Jim hurt the content to a non minor degree.

Moviebob leaving was their own fault though.

I used to come here 5 days a week, now I only regularly visit on Wednesdays.

ArcaneGamer:
Thanks for the clarification. Is the series any good?

Yeah, very. Well worth a watch.

Aerosteam:

There.... there was more than one movie?

Paul Blart definitely feels like one of those characters the creators still cry over, hoping, dreaming, that someday he'll breakout.

Imperioratorex Caprae:

Sassafrass:

Probably.

I totally get the ref.

OT: You couldn't sell out harder than putting a Doors song on a 70's car commercial.

Now that reference I get.

OT: Paul Blart? Really? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel...

I became a Pub Club member to prevent getting ads, and support The Escapist.
But when the news items themselves become ads, something is very very wrong.

Seriously Escapist? We're doing this now? Poor Escapist, very poor.

On topic: piss poor trailer for a piss poor movie.

If this is going to be a thing...can we please filter this out if we are a Pub Club member?

I appreciate the honesty, but have things got so bad that you need to advertise Paul Blart: Mall Cop: 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.