Prepare Your Wallets: Steam Summer Sale Begins In Two Weeks

Prepare Your Wallets: Steam Summer Sale Begins In Two Weeks

steam summer sale

Valve's latest Steam Summer Sale begins on June 11, and will be followed by a full two days of encore sales.

Summer technically begins on June 21, but I'd say most of us would be happy if it could start now. But for many gamers, summer doesn't kick off with weather and ending school programs - it happens when Valve kicks off the annual Steam sale. This period heralds insane price cuts and discounts across the entire Steam library and puts a rather significant drain on our wallets before starting the vacation season. But at least now we have some time to prepare, as this year's Summer Sale runs from June 11-20, 2015.

The news broke today when IGN Russia spotted a post on VKontakte, a social network platform used across the country. While there aren't any details on specific offers, it states that the sale will run for just over a week followed by two days of encore sales. If it's anything like previous Summer Sales, Valve will probably also run a meta-game like the Steam Summer Adventure that let players collect and trade digital trading cards.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to update my wishlist.

Source: IGN, via PC Gamer

Well, time to start posting this videos. Prepare your wallets my friends.

Wonder what silly game they will implement this time, so the community can abuse it and everyone will whine over 6 cents.

I'm glad the 2 last years have been boring as hell, if not my wallet would feel threatened right now.

I apologize from taking this video from the first person who uploaded it from the last video but it is still my curreny favourite Steam sale video!

OT- Please let Borderlands:The Pre Sequel Doppelganger and Baroness packs be on sale! I got back to playing the game and loving it all over it again!

So the summer sale kicks off when E3 kicks off. This should be interesting.

Good. I have 50 games on my wishlist and they ain't dropping down in price by themselves.

Oh goody, I was wondering when those games on my wishlist would finally drop in price!

I can't wait.

Fanghawk:
Midsummer begins on June 21,

Fixed that for you.

Meh.

I'm gonna play about 300 more hours of Witcher 3, and then there is the new Terraria patch....I dont need a new game for years :P

I just checked my wallet and there was a note saying I need to play Freedom Planet and WH40K: Space Marine, the only two games I bought during the winter sale, first. Maybe I'll ignore that note for a few minutes to browse what's being offered, but I might not even sign in to Steam, during the whole sale just to avoid temptation.

Between Witcher 3, GTAV, Pillars of Eternity and Invisble Inc plus the all the other games from pass sales in my backlog for once I can honestly say I think I'm good for games for the moment.

Gird thy loins fellow gamers... IT BEGINS

Good I can finally get GTA 5. I refuse to pay more than $40 for it after they delayed its PC release so damn long.

Good. I get paid again in exactly two weeks.

Well the only uestion is.. what gimmick will they use this year and... when will GoG try doing their SUmmer Sale.. before or after Steam.

I have gathered many on my wishlist this time that never altered, never came down. But now, the end is nigh! Hahahahhahaha

I'm thinking there's nothing left they could possibly tempt me with. Then...

WickedBuddha:
Good I can finally get GTA 5. I refuse to pay more than $40 for it after they delayed its PC release so damn long.

Crap. There goes $40. And with Comicon coming. Games. Comics. Decisions.

Here's hoping Grey Goo, Oblitus, Homeworld: Remastered, Apotheon, and Titan Souls go on sale. Been wanting them all, but I can't justify buying them at their listed prices - especially Homeworld.[1]

Well...those and Terraria. If I can nab a dozen or so copies at a buck a piece I will happily spread the joy around. I have no problem dropping a 10 or a 20 in that endeavor.

Though, this makes me wonder...

Now that Valve is going to start offering hardware on the Storefront, will they slash those prices as well during the holiday/seasonal sales?

I wonder only because, though I feel $50 is a reasonable price, I'd love to pick up a Steam Controller this fall for $40 or less.

What can I say? Sometimes I'm frugal to a fault.

[1] Still have my original copy, and it still works.

Aerosteam:
Good. I have 50 games on my wishlist and they ain't dropping down in price by themselves.

Amen to that.

Strange timing considering the massive two week long humblebundle sale that recently ended. I added a couple of games to my steam list there and they often compete with steams pricing.

Should be interesting to see if Steam can out discount them or if the goal is just to offer the same sales to much wider audience.

Will Steam finally put Shovel Knight on sale and for more than 33% off?
Only time will tell.

Nazulu:
I have gathered many on my wishlist this time that never altered, never came down. But now, the end is nigh! Hahahahhahaha

Your wallet is in a corner weeping, isn't it? :p

LordLundar:

Nazulu:

Your wallet is in a corner weeping, isn't it? :p

Actually, it is now because I have zilch at the moment. I get paid soon though. We'll see if the games I want go down.

You know, Valve is in a position with their market share to spearhead cheaper costs for digital releases, but they don't so they can fool people into thinking they're getting a deal with these sales.

Nurb:
You know, Valve is in a position with their market share to spearhead cheaper costs for digital releases, but they don't so they can fool people into thinking they're getting a deal with these sales.

But the alternative is that I pay £40 as opposed to £10....so I am getting a deal. Something being offered for a 4th of the price that it is normally offered IS a deal. Or am I far too indocrinated? Valve don't set the prices, the publishers do.

I have several games on my wishlist, but at the moment harddiskspace and time are constraints, not the money...

ah yes, the Annual Summer Wallet Genocide... last time I snagged up some a sweet collection for just $100 so I'm hoping to get a good deal this time round too...

Also who's ready to play "but it might get a bigger slash..." this year? oh you know the game, its when you see a game you want and its been slashed at 25-50% and you think to yourself 'there's still time, it could get slashed again.' but as the days go on and the price goes unchanged you finally cave and buy the damn thing ONLY for it to be slashed to 75% the next day! ... I've lost this game 3 times...

steam summer sale or Batman: Arkham Knight there not much on my wish list that I need to play right now but batman arkham origins was as good as the other ones. I do want to play fallout 3 but according to steam Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7 and later.(are there any mods that fix this) and I use Windows 7.

ah, bad timing. Likely wont be able to participate in second week of it due to work stuff. Oh well will see how much i can make my wallet cry and my wishlist shrink.

ALso obligatory Wallet torture gif

Awesome My Star wars empire at war gold pack cd is ruined and I need to replace it on the cheap.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here