LEGO Jurassic World Trailer Talks Up Park Amenities

LEGO Jurassic World Trailer Talks Up Park Amenities

Remember to thank John for the wonderful weekend.

Warner Bros. has released a second trailer for LEGO Jurassic World. Presented as a promotional video for the park, it shows features including the "Gyrosphere" vehicles, basically human-sized hamster balls with a seat which can be piloted around, and the creation lab where players can design their own dinosaurs.

Unlike most trailers for LEGO games, the comical silliness which is a major component of the franchise seems a bit more subdued. Even the narrator's suggestion that the park management cannot be held responsible for injuries while showing a group of tourists fleeing oncoming pterodactyls doesn't hit as hard as it probably could have. The humor is not totally absent, though, and there's absolutely a smile to be found in watching a velociraptor pop a wheelie while riding a motorcycle.

Announced as in development back in January of this year (following a tease in the conclusion of LEGO Batman 3), LEGO Jurassic World will feature four campaigns based around the plots of the four Jurassic Park films, and will utilize audio clips taken directly from the movies to voice characters. The game will be available for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, PlayStation Vita, and Nintendo 3DS on June 12, coinciding with the release of Jurassic World in theaters.

This is the first Lego game I'm actually interested in since the Star Wars based on the TV show. After that it never pulled me in. Batman was ok and even though I love the LoTR and Hobbit movies and didn't play too much of the games. Watching the trailers for this however has made me very interested in the game. Can't wait!

Dalek Caan:
This is the first Lego game I'm actually interested in since the Star Wars based on the TV show. After that it never pulled me in. Batman was ok and even though I love the LoTR and Hobbit movies and didn't play too much of the games. Watching the trailers for this however has made me very interested in the game. Can't wait!

I think it all depends on your love for certain franchises when it comes to Lego games. Speaking as a Tolkien fan I can say that Lego Hobbit and LOTR are some of the finest games ever created in the world of Middle Earth. At least they are if you enjoyed the movie interpretations as they're based heavily on those.

That said, I am beginning to tire of the same old Lego structure over and over again. The games barely make any huge leaps forward and ultimately it's just the individual franchises that have me coming back: Harry Potter, Indiana Jones etc. We haven't seen much of this particular instalment yet so I'll keep my optimism guarded for now.

Alright, looks like I have a new game to get after I stop screwing around in FFX. :D

This looks like it could be a blast to play.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here