New Batman v Superman Batmobile, Costumes Revealed

New Batman v Superman Batmobile, Costumes Revealed

batmobile1

The new Batmobile looks like the lovechild of Optimus Prime and the Predator mask. And it's awesome.

The Warner Bros. Consumer display at the 2015 Licensing Expo in Las Vegas featured a special surprise for visitors - the unveiling of the new Batmobile, to be featured in the upcoming blockbuster Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. On display alongside the 'mobile were the movie costumes for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

The new Batmobile reaches speeds of up to 205 mph, which seems unimpressive considering Batman's opponent moves faster than a speeding bullet - fun fact, bullets travel an average of 1,700 mph.

Accompanying the display, Warner Bros. also released the official film synopsis:

"Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City's own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis's most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it's ever known before."

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, directed by Zack Snyder, will be released March 25, 2016, with Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

Eh, it's alright. I still wonder why no one just copy pastes the Batmobile from the Animated Series or Batman Beyond.

Anyway, who wants to take bets on how long it will last? My money is on the last bit of the 2nd act. Then Batman will just have Superman or Wonder Woman help him get around while fighting this "Greater Danger".

Dalek Caan:
Anyway,, who wants to take bets on how long it will last? My money is on the last bit of the 2nd act. Then Batman will just have Superman or Batman help him get around while fighting this "Greater Danger".

If I have my way, it'll get destroyed and Batman will shrug as he hits the button to call in his ratrod spare, just like in The Brave and The Bold.

Bonus points if the door swings open to Catwoman complaining about how they used to spend their evenings together...

Wasn't there a Wonder Woman somewhere in this movie?

Does batman have a loin cloth in this picture??? Does anyone else see that?

Kameburger:
Does batman have a loin cloth in this picture??? Does anyone else see that?

...Holy Shit, Batman has a loincloth! Maybe there's a reason he usually has his undies on the outside...?

As for the Batmobile, I'm liking it a whole lot more than the Nolan-Tank. It seems more practical if nothing else. Like others have said though, I don't see why they don't give Batman an actual car like what he had in The Animated Series or even the Batmobile from the Arkham games would be a bit better. Again though, any step away from the Nolan Tank is a good step in the right direction.

one more thing...Batman's costume looks good except for the lack of color (and the weird loin cloth). I like the blue-n-grey personally but that's probably just me.

I'm not feeling it. Sure it's cool looking and all, but it doesn't evoke "bat-ness" like many Batmobiles of the past (no black paint, no bat-wing fins, no sleek curves, etc.)

But hey, at least it's better than that tank/lunar lander thing in the Nolan films.

Shoggoth2588:

one more thing...Batman's costume looks good except for the lack of color (and the weird loin cloth). I like the blue-n-grey personally but that's probably just me.

Indeed. Or "grey and blue," as the case may be.

Looks interesting. Not too sure about the gun on the hood. Better shoot rubber bullets, probably will since Dark Knight Returns is a major influence for this movie.

I think the new batmobile looks really stupid. I didn't like the last one either but it still was better than this one. It almost might be tolerable if it wasn't for that turret.

Ehhh...

Burton's Batmobile was the best.

fix-the-spade:

If I have my way, it'll get destroyed and Batman will shrug as he hits the button to call in his ratrod spare, just like in The Brave and The Bold.

The way this is going, all we'll get is the Neon Talking Super Street Bat-Luge, used completely un-ironically (and somehow in gray-scale despite the "neon" in the description).

Holy hell, that is a predator mask.

Which means that turret is a plasma caster. They're going full grimdark this time.

To me it looks like some weird cross between the Nolan batmobile and the Burton one.

mmmm well if it's suppose to be based on the edginess of Frank Miller then I don't mind that batmoble. Kinda fitting honestly.

Looks like it should be dropping bombs on third world countries with oil rather than something a hero would drive...

I was going to take a crack at how it looks either unpainted or painted grey.

But now that I think about it a little bit, it makes sense to not waste time painting any color on something they're going to digitally saturate anyways. If Man of Steel was any indicator, this movie is going to have as many colors as Gears of War.

It just looks generic. Also, on the Batman costume, this has been bugging me and it's now boiling over I got a poster from my Empire subscription, how the fuck can he turn his neck?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here