Dishonored 2 Debut Trailer and Image Gallery - Update

Pages PREV 1 2

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! This looks like.... EVERYTHING I wanted from a Dishonored Sequel!

The mention of brutal combat in the OP puzzled me for a moment. Did anybody actually fight their way through Dishonored? This was the first interesting stealth games I'd had in years, it never even occurred to me to go into every level guns blazing. Or crossbows and rat swarms blazing. Even my 'take no prisoners' playthrough was done via stealth, I just terminated people and had them eaten by rodents rather than make them snooze.

Color me intrigued by this new outing. It's an interesting choice to transplant this to a new city; props for not going the easy route of recycling all the artwork and concepts, though I'll miss Dunwall...I'm looking forward to playing as Emily, I hope they make her and Corvo quite different in play styles so we can get some replayability with both. In addition, it'd be interesting if we could explore a little bit of the relationship between Emily and Corvo. The DLC pretty much lays it out that he's her father - and if he hadn't been biologically, he'd still be getting her Father's Day cards after all he went through to put her on the throne in the first game. The fact that she's an adult and has agency now makes it all the more interesting, potentially. Well, that's assuming they're not both silent protagonists this time. Which I hope they're not because man that would be strange...

I totally called that Emily was the assassin before we saw her face. I feel absurdly proud of myself.

That being said the whole "play as either Emily or Corvo" thing worries me. The plot was definitely the first game's weakness, and I find it hard to see how the sequel's can be any better if the writers have to account for the player being one of two different people at any given moment. Plus, I was kinda hoping to play as someone with a personality this time.

Genocidicles:
Female protagonist huh? Maybe that will-

There's just no pleasing them, is there?

Your profile pic says it all.

OT: If I remember correctly your chaos rating not only affected the plague levels but also Emily's personality (with her later dialogue implying sociopathy in high chaos runs). I can't wait to see if they work with that or just take the lazy path and say low chaos is canon. Personally, I'd love for the high chaos/Emily rules ending to be canon. Making her a little crazy would make seeing what she does... interesting.

Happyninja42:

I'm curious if Corvo's involvement will be like Daud's in the first game. That he will simply have a walk on role at a point in the story, and whether he was good/bad will depend on your save file. And whether or not you have to fight him or not depends on how Emily handles herself in DH 2. If you go Good Emily, he doesn't try and stop her from "Going Bad". Or something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXObJGW4oos

Brief talk about the game.
You start out as Emily and upon reaching "a pivotal point" you'll choose to play either as her or Corvo. She has different abilities from him, nothing overlaps.

Storywise this could mean anything. One of the two characters could die at that pivotal point (seems likely) or they each go do their own thing. Might be that one convinces the other to stay back and give up the field work.

It doesn't sound like the two will have anything to do with another during the rest of the game. It's safe to assume that Corvo won't be there as you describe, or at least not in the way I think you mean it.

JennAnge:
The mention of brutal combat in the OP puzzled me for a moment. Did anybody actually fight their way through Dishonored?

I did it once at medium difficulty (I think) and the combat system is simple, as it should be, but as a result it's also easy to kill a lot of people and gets easier as you get more upgrades. You should try it, it's fun to be an unstoppable monster after you took care not to increase the chaos of the city.

OT: I hope there's a new game+ mode, I would like to stealth/rampage with all of the available powers from the start.

ryan_cs:

JennAnge:
The mention of brutal combat in the OP puzzled me for a moment. Did anybody actually fight their way through Dishonored?

I did it once at medium difficulty (I think) and the combat system is simple, as it should be, but as a result it's also easy to kill a lot of people and gets easier as you get more upgrades. You should try it, it's fun to be an unstoppable monster after you took care not to increase the chaos of the city.

OT: I hope there's a new game+ mode, I would like to stealth/rampage with all of the available powers from the start.

Hah, now that you made me think of it, it would be cathartic to go through the town like Bergman's Black Death, rats swarming ahead of me and devouring my enemies. There are a lot of cool killing techniques in the game, and I never actually used them; too used to running Thief around obstacles rather than carving a bloody swathe through them. And...now I want to go and play Dishonored again :)

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here