Square Enix and Platinum Games Making New Nier Sequel

Square Enix and Platinum Games Making New Nier Sequel

Square Enix has announced a new sequel to the 2010 RPG Nier under development by Platinum Games.

Read Full Article

Looking forward to more details on this project. I have faith in Platinum's ability to deliver.

Was that...Yonah?

They have Taro and Okabe though, so that's a step in the right direction. Between this, the FF7 remake and KH3 on the horizon, I'm a happy camper.

Now excuse me while I -

I caught the announcement on the IRC.

I read "Neir sequel" and my reaction was meh.

I then read "Platinum Games" and lost my damned mind. At this point, I'll play anything they make.

Okay fine, I'll get a PS4. Damn Yoko and his damn series >.>

For those who don't know, Nier is the distant goofy sequel to the Drakengard games, which means it's already aces in my book. Having Platinum Games work on it might mean we finally have better than middling combat in one of these games!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a god!

BTW, check out The darkID let's play of Drakengard 3 for some fun:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704174&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Sometimes the word is just right, also, fun trivia fact, Yonah is hebrew for dove.

Edit: No, it's kaine, you can her "boy parts" in the trailer.

Oh my God! This came completely out of left field!! I wasn't expecting this in any sense! I figured they were done, or that there was no real interest in continuing Nier any further! Now Platinum is doing the gameplay? Be still my freaking heart! I was all, "Wow, a lot of Nier guys are working on this. I wonder what....NO! It can't be!"

Seriously, really happy about this! Loved the first one so much.

Maybe Platinum can help make the gameplay interesting instead of just being there.

I'm excited for this. Damn. Platinum is becoming quite the developer. I like them more and more with everything they do.

Hey, maybe it means that they'll release digital version of Nier.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.