Batman Teams Up With the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Upcoming Crossover

Batman Teams Up With the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Upcoming Crossover

batman tmnt

Batman meets the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the upcoming crossover miniseries, set in none other than Gotham City.

At Comic-Con San Diego Friday, DC Entertainment and IDW Publishing announced their latest crossover miniseries, which features the Dark Knight teaming up with the Heroes in a Half Shell.

The upcoming six-part monthly miniseries will bring the Turtles to Gotham City this November, where "fans will see the Dark Knight fight like never before with wall-to-wall ninja action" according to an announcement on the DC Comics blog.

"Batman is the world's most popular Super Hero. He continues to be reimagined and this new crossover showcases his ongoing appeal as a global pop icon for the ages," said Editor-in-Chief of DC Comics, Bob Harras.

"We here at IDW have very much enjoyed working with DC Entertainment on fan favorite crossover comics," said IDW President, Greg Goldstein. "TMNT is a global phenomenon, beloved by millions. Pairing the Turtles with Batman will prove to be a publishing event that transcends comic book culture."

Writer James Tynion IV added "I've been extremely lucky to spend so much time working in Gotham City, but it's always a thrill to see the world of Batman through new eyes. Taking the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on a Gotham adventure is a fanboy dream come true."

Here is the provided teaser for the upcoming series:

"In the ongoing power struggle between the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, General Krang, and the Foot Clan, allegiances have shifted and the battle lines have been drawn. Krang concocts a plan to rid himself of both the Turtles and Shredder by transporting them to another dimension, where they land in the dark and dangerous streets of Gotham City. It isn't long before they encounter Gotham's most famous resident, Batman. The Caped Crusader may be their only hope of overcoming their enemies and getting back home. But not before they encounter a whole cast of Gotham's most infamous rogues."

I swear if the Joker and the Shredder don't become besties over their love of purple, I will have a fit.

This gets really confusing when one remembers that the Turtles are part of the Power Rangers universe, and that the Power Rangers original counterparts the Super Sentai are a canon part of the Marvel 616 universe.

Comics are weird.

I don't know. This sounds kinda ridiculous. Awesomely ridiculous, though. Like that Dragon Ball, One Piece, and Toriko crossover that actually happened.

Hmmm. I suspect that Batman and Raphael would sort of get along due to similar personalities. Meanwhile, Donatello would be having a field-day in the Batcave. Doubt he would like Michelangelo too much though.

Rednog:
I swear if the Joker and the Shredder don't become besties over their love of purple, I will have a fit.

The Shredder is too orderly for that. I would think the Penguin, or possibly even the scarecrow - I mean, Shredder is all about striking fear into his targets... I think.

Also I can imagine a hilarious meeting with Catwoman.

Batman: "Catwoman, meet Turtle-man"

hehe

Also killer-crock would be hilarious if he though the turtles were kin of some flavor

IDW seems to love doing bizarre crossoveers, don't they? If they'd have done this 15 years ago, I'd probably have been going nuts over it. I don't get as enthused about crossovers nowadays.

Zontar:
This gets really confusing when one remembers that the Turtles are part of the Power Rangers universe, and that the Power Rangers original counterparts the Super Sentai are a canon part of the Marvel 616 universe.

Comics are weird.

*Ahem* The Next Mutation never existed!

Joking of course, there are alot of Turtle dimensions out there as shown by Turtles Forever, the turtles you're refering to of course are the ones from the Fox Kid's show The Next Mutation.

So in context, it depend's on what universe your specifically mentioning. I don't think the IDW Turtles exist within the Power Rangers universe.

OT: Funny how I was just playing Arkham Knight, and I thought a crossover between Batman and the Turtles should happen. Man this looks completly sick! Love the fanart here!

Anyone here hoping Mikey flirts with Poison Ivy or Catwoman? XD

Does this mean we'll get to see Batman being taught how to talk like a surfer and eat entire pizzas? Cause I think the Dark Knight definitely needs more "Cowabungas".

Lizzy Finnegan:
teaming up with the Heroes in a Half Shell.

Muhahaha. That's my name.

canadamus_prime:
IDW seems to love doing bizarre crossoveers, don't they? If they'd have done this 15 years ago, I'd probably have been going nuts over it. I don't get as enthused about crossovers nowadays.

I agree that this idea would have been better received 15-20 years ago. Now it just seems kind of a desperate attention grab.

MrMisfit:

canadamus_prime:

I agree that this idea would have been better received 15-20 years ago. Now it just seems kind of a desperate attention grab.

I don't know, I still love the idea of my favorite character's teaming up, although I only like crossovers if they're done right. I'm excited for this.

If they didn't say that Kraang and Shredder where two different people I would have said that those where the Turtles from the 2000's cartoons.

WolvDragon:

MrMisfit:

canadamus_prime:

I don't know, I still love the idea of my favorite character's teaming up, although I only like crossovers if they're done right. I'm excited for this.

That wasn't really what I meant. I just meant that I was really into crossovers 15 or so years ago when I was in High School. Not so much any more. In fact I've become rather jaded and cynical towards my entertainment in general.

Dalek Caan:
If they didn't say that Kraang and Shredder where two different people I would have said that those where the Turtles from the 2000's cartoons.

Krang and Shredder WERE two different people in TMNT '03. Krang was one of the background utrom characters and appeared in only one scene.

Dalek Caan:

I don't follow the IDW comics, but I guess they use the 2003 TMNT artstyle for the turtles.

...Okay, you have my attention, let's see how this works out. (Crosses fingers)

I think I need to see a batman-Shredder death battle (of the screw attack variety), and some serious comicbook combat between them. Its gotta be as epic as I think it will be.

Fuck it, why not?

Epicspoon:
Fuck it, why not?

That was exactly my first thought upon seeing this headline. Word-for-frickin'-word. :P

Zontar:

Comics are weird.

So a power rangers and batman crossover is possible....idk how to feel about this.

I think IDW is making a very strong case for being the king of crossovers right now.

Zontar:

Comics are weird.

Don't forget in the 2003 animated series of TMNT they had a crossover with the 80's and original comic book versions too.

Basically TMNT fucking rule.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here