Hear Nolan North as Ghost in The Taken King

Hear Nolan North as Ghost in The Taken King

Bungie has released a new trailer for Destiny: The Taken King, which gives fans their first taste of Nolan North's Ghost.

Earlier this month it was revealed that Bungie had replaced Peter Dinklage as the voice of Ghost in the upcoming Destiny expansion The Taken King, also having replacement Nolan North re-record all of Dinklage's existing dialogue. The decision to replace Dinklage came down to a matter of availability, while the decision to replace the existing Dinklage dialogue was made in the interest of continuity.

Today, Bungie released a The Taken King teaser ahead of tomorrow's scheduled Destiny: The Taken King livestream, giving fans their first look (hear?) at North's Ghost.

The livestream kicks off at 11am PT/2pm ET on Twitch, and will debut a new "Strike against a rival Cabal invasion force inside The Taken King's stronghold."

The Taken King releases on September 15.

Lizzy Finnegan:

The decision to replace Dinklage came down to a matter of availability, while the decision to replace the existing Dinklage dialogue was made in the interest of continuity.

My theory is that they replaced Dinklage to pre-emptively deny the world more future "Dinklebot" jokes and memes.
Lord knows that was the only thing I enjoyed from Destiny.

ALL HAIL NOLANBOT FOR HE IS GOOD, HE IS WISE, HE IS KIND

I hope that this expansion does what all my friends keep saying it will do: fix the story. I want to like this game, but it's just...lacking in soul. Very pretty, but that's it. I hear that this DLC will overhaul a lot of stuff, so I will see if it's enough in the basic game before I buy this expansion.

North does sound a little more invested than Dinklage, so there's that.

Kreett:

LONG LIVE DINKLEBOT!!

Nolanbot sounds too chipper

Makabriel:

Kreett:

LONG LIVE DINKLEBOT!!

Nolanbot sounds too chipper

ALL HAIL NOLANBOT!! THE ONE TRUE HOLY GHOST!!

At least he won't sound like microsoft sam narrating every loading screen again

I'm not immediately embarrassed by it. Well played, North.

Prefer the old voice.

Been clean of Destiny for a good 7 weeks now... this does make me want to play again but... I have to resist...

Huh...His voice reminded me of that cute little thing from episode 3 of Tales from the Borderlands. So, better?

Not too terribly different from the original. Sounds like there's a lot of editing/directing going on behind the scenes with a particular vision behind it that is the one we don't like rather than the voice actor...

Oh well.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here