A Solar Powered, Rain Resistant, Shockproof Portable Charger

A Solar Powered, Rain Resistant, Shockproof Portable Charger

Disclosure: Escapist Deals is an affiliate program where we receive compensation for products and services purchased through the program.

solar battery hero image

Calling campers, hikers, and all outdoorsy types (sure, day-drinking on a picnic blanket counts). The ZeroLemon SolarJuice 10000mAh battery with a build-in solar panel is just $29.99 at Escapist Deals.

Rated 4.5 stars on Amazon, this charger is a great pick for fans of the great outdoors. For one, it's rain-resistant, shockproof, and environmentally friendly. It's also small and lightweight, easily slipping into a bag or pocket. And best of all, it has a superpower most portable batteries don't-it has a powerful solar panel built in, making it easy to recharge the SolarJuice on the go, ensuring that you're never left stranded. And did we mention it can charge two devices simultaneously?

Add the ZeroLemon SolarJuice 10000mAh battery to your travel bag or camping gear. Get it for $29.99 at Escapist Deals.

I've been shopping for a solar charger for a while. They seem kinda rare in brick and mortars though. This one, I like enough to order online.

America only. *kicks a puppy* Can import from eBay, if you don't mind paying over $100.

Seems like a cool thing to own. Wish it was available in Australia.

If it's shockproof.... how can it send electricity to your phone?
damn that was bad...

On Topic:
Seems like a pretty cool thingy to be honest.
Won't have need for one, but seems like 30$ isn't too bad a price either.

Rebel_Raven:
I've been shopping for a solar charger for a while. They seem kinda rare in brick and mortars though. This one, I like enough to order online.

Just manage your expectations. With the size of the solar cells, these take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to charge.

008Zulu:
America only. *kicks a puppy* Can import from eBay, if you don't mind paying over $100.

Seems like a cool thing to own. Wish it was available in Australia.

ZeroLemon is a weird company. Their site only lists buy options for the US and Russia.

Something Amyss:

Rebel_Raven:

Just manage your expectations. With the size of the solar cells, these take a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to charge.

That is true. It's no keychain charger.
Luckily it won't have much to do but charge most of the day. I'll keep it on my car's dashboard. It'll offer a nice feeling of security, I'm sure.
I'd think solar isn't the only way to charge it, so any other methods to speed things long might help.

Rebel_Raven:

Luckily it won't have much to do but charge most of the day. I'll keep it on my car's dashboard. It'll offer a nice feeling of security, I'm sure.
I'd think solar isn't the only way to charge it, so any other methods to speed things long might help.

Fair enough. I just bring it up because the primary draw to these chargers is the solar element, which is pretty limited. As far as I'm aware, you can charge all of the SolarJuice models from an outlet.

What I've been considering is buying a power pack and a foldable solar cell. But I'm considering this specifically for emergencies, which may mean something different than for you.

I do love ZeroLemon's batteries, though. I'm using one on my LG G4 right now, and the thing lasts forever. I'd imagine the cells in this are quality, too.

Something Amyss:

Rebel_Raven:

Fair enough. I just bring it up because the primary draw to these chargers is the solar element, which is pretty limited. As far as I'm aware, you can charge all of the SolarJuice models from an outlet.

What I've been considering is buying a power pack and a foldable solar cell. But I'm considering this specifically for emergencies, which may mean something different than for you.

I do love ZeroLemon's batteries, though. I'm using one on my LG G4 right now, and the thing lasts forever. I'd imagine the cells in this are quality, too.

they make cellphone batteries? If so, i should really look into it. As great as my s5 is, it could use more stamina even with power saving mode on.

I don't have mine yet, so i can't really review but I really do like the idea of having renewable energy. I keep several battery packs around just in case. I like the sort that have built in flashlights so they aren't unitaskers.

Rebel_Raven:

they make cellphone batteries? If so, i should really look into it. As great as my s5 is, it could use more stamina even with power saving mode on.

I don't have mine yet, so i can't really review but I really do like the idea of having renewable energy. I keep several battery packs around just in case. I like the sort that have built in flashlights so they aren't unitaskers.

Yeah, I've used their extended batteries for years now. Adds to the weight of my phone, but it's way better than going stock.

I'm a fan of renewable energy myself. One of the reasons I'm thinking about going the DIY route.

Something Amyss:

Rebel_Raven:

Yeah, I've used their extended batteries for years now. Adds to the weight of my phone, but it's way better than going stock.

I'm a fan of renewable energy myself. One of the reasons I'm thinking about going the DIY route.

Yeah, it's a great emergency alternative. Never know what'll happen.

I'm not big on DIY for the most part, but there are several instructional stuffs on the internet including a DIY solar charger made from an altoid tin, and other components.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here