New Study Finds That Hot Dogs ARE PEOPLE! THEY'RE PEOPLE!!

Pages PREV 1 2

Michael Tabbut:
I don't care if it's has human in it, i'm still gonna eat the stuff.

Ninja'd hard as fuck. Tell me when it's fully made of humans and maybe I'll blink before I still scarf them down.

LegendaryGamer0:

Michael Tabbut:

Ninja'd hard as fuck. Tell me when it's fully made of humans and maybe I'll blink before I still scarf them down.

What, no cut off point before that? Not the least little bit concerned once the numbers start creeping up to twenty or thirty percent per hot dog? Full human is where you cut it off? What if it was 98% human and 2% insect parts? Eat it then?

JoJo:

Mr.Mattress:
I thought Humans and pigs had very similar DNA structure, which is why they're one of the Animals Geneticists love playing with? This "2% of Human DNA in Hotdogs" might be a simple misunderstanding by the test or something.

How it's in the Vegan Hotdogs, though, I don't know. Either way, it's a good thing I don't like Hot Dogs.

Vendor-Lazarus:
We all knew that hot dogs contain "meat(and bi-meat)-products", so it's not that shocking..

What I would want clarified is whether they contain 2% PURE Human DNA or 2% OF Human DNA?
There is a world of difference in just one word.

We really should hold food companies to a higher standard anyway.

Unless I'm missing something, having looked at the original report linked in the article, it actually says:

Hygienic issues: Clear Food found human DNA in 2% of the samples, and in 2/3rds of the vegetarian samples.

So it's 2% of the samples that contain any human DNA, not that the samples are 2% human DNA in composition. Which makes more sense, and is not entirely unreasonable, given our species tendency to shed skin cells everywhere we go.

Not to mention that slaughtering and butchering pigs is a messy business, you get cuts and scrapes. You'll probably find human DNA in most processed food, or most food.

I'd be more worried if something turns up, like Possum or Ferret.

Kajin:

LegendaryGamer0:

Michael Tabbut:

What, no cut off point before that? Not the least little bit concerned once the numbers start creeping up to twenty or thirty percent per hot dog? Full human is where you cut it off? What if it was 98% human and 2% insect parts? Eat it then?

By all accounts human being and pork taste almost exactly the same, if not exactly the same. It's not surprising, they're basically like us on four limbs. We can even use their heart valves.

Kajin:

LegendaryGamer0:

Michael Tabbut:

At least it'd be meat and not some nondescript filler!

I have to laugh at people who'll happily shovel unhealthy foods down their gob, such as, well, hotdogs, but the fact that 2% of them contain some indeterminate amount of human DNA is somehow shocking. Oh no, I've unintentionally consumed negligible amounts of human DNA, and under the broadest possible definition I'm now a cannibal, time to go feel bad about myself and the imagined crimes I've committed. It's not like you murdered anyone for those trace amounts of DNA, and it's not like it's a health hazard, so what's the problem?

Aeshi:
For the first time in my life, I find myself wishing this had just been clickbait.

Wish no more, because it is blatant click-bait.

Adam Jensen:
I stopped eating all processed meat about 10 years ago and I barely ever eat red meat. Hot dogs were the first to go after I watched a video of them being made. It would turn lesser men into vegans. I still eat a shitload of white meat though. Especially chicken. I could probably lay an egg.

For budget reasons, pretty much the only meat I eat at the moment is canned fish. It seems strange that I could probably go full vegetarian with little work. Although, I still rely on it for major meals.

Also, this might disgust some people, but does anyone else here think the way we view cannibalism is rather stupid? I'm not talking about murder, of course, obviously that's bad, but the act of cannibalism itself. Hypothetically, if someone, say, donated their flesh to be cooked and served at some restaurant, what exactly would be immoral about eating it? I'm aware that certain diseases, such as Prion disease and Kuru, are associated with large scale consumption, but that's really a health issue, not a moral one. Honestly, if it were reasonable priced, I'd be willing to try it once just for the novelty and audacity of it. In my opinion, from a moral stand point this would actually be better, since you're consuming flesh that was consensually given and didn't require any suffering to produce.
Eh, either way, surely people can agree that the fact people will freak out over this hotdog situation is a sign that rational thought hasn't prevailed.

Aeshi:
For the first time in my life, I find myself wishing this had just been clickbait.

It was, don't worry. A 2% anomaly would be a hair that fell into the batch and then got ground up. It even says in the vid that this is a sanitation issue. Fucking sensationalist clickbait shit.

So?

I've probably unintentionally eaten enough bits of many different living creatures to not care if a near microscopic piece of human finds its way in my stomach.

If you touch a hotdog, you put human DNA on it.

If this makes you a cannibal, so does licking your fingers.

The question is not whether we've been eating human meat. The question is, how would you like your meat prepared? Perhaps a regular diet of oysters, acorns, and marsala to improve flavor. And what wine would go best with a hambone such as this?

Aeshi:

Pffft, it is. You're not eating soylent green. People are being careless around the hot dog factories. There's a big difference between an oopsy and Ricardo Montelban eating his own henchman in The Naked Gun.

Upcoming late-nite talk show joke:
Hot dogs have been discovered to contain a small percentage of human DNA, When asked how they taste, the researchers said, "It varies from person to person."

Is anyone else thinking we should get the aborted foetuses burned in front of us now?

This, actually, doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've always held the belief that if people voluntarily give up their bodies for food, and it's regulated and prepared properly, it should be fine.

FirstNameLastName:

Also, this might disgust some people, but does anyone else here think the way we view cannibalism is rather stupid? I'm not talking about murder, of course, obviously that's bad, but the act of cannibalism itself. Hypothetically, if someone, say, donated their flesh to be cooked and served at some restaurant, what exactly would be immoral about eating it? I'm aware that certain diseases, such as Prion disease and Kuru, are associated with large scale consumption, but that's really a health issue, not a moral one. Honestly, if it were reasonable priced, I'd be willing to try it once just for the novelty and audacity of it. In my opinion, from a moral stand point this would actually be better, since you're consuming flesh that was consensually given and didn't require any suffering to produce.

Damn, I posted before I read this, but yeah. My beliefs exactly.

There is human DNA on everything , we shed our skin everywhere and our hair and so on. I would honestly be surprised if there was no human DNA in any foodstuff.

You are breathing in the old skin of everyone around you RIGHT NOW!

And hey at least your substitution issue are animals that are usually in the food chain .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_meat_adulteration_scandal

I am sure there is a reason why I still come to this site but I am starting to wonder.

MonsterCrit:
Not to mantion the occasional sod who had his thumb at the wrong place and time.

That was sadly the first thing I thought of, whoops someone got their finger(s) a little too close to the meat grinder.

OT: I can't say this surprises me, the FDA has allowance for things like this (though usually it's stuff like insect parts). All in all, we're probably eating all sorts of junk mixed into our food we probably wouldn't normally eat, there was a Mythbusters episode that found fecal matter not only on your toothbrush, but basically everything.

Eclipse Dragon:

MonsterCrit:
Not to mantion the occasional sod who had his thumb at the wrong place and time.

That was sadly the first thing I thought of, whoops someone got their finger(s) a little too close to the meat grinder.

OT: I can't say this surprises me, the FDA has allowance for things like this (though usually it's stuff like insect parts). All in all, we're probably eating all sorts of junk mixed into our food we probably wouldn't normally eat, there was a Mythbusters episode that found fecal matter not only on your toothbrush, but basically everything.

Well the fecal matter in toothbrush is because when you flush with the lid up, small particles get sent airborne. The joke is for the most part, our immune systems and bodies are able to handle this.. It's likely mostly flaked of skin sells that account for most of the human dna you find in fooods.. Skin and hair.

Well, I have to say, 2% human goes pretty well with A1 Steak Sauce...

I think it's quite obvious that a small percentage of pretty much all processed food will contain some kind of human tissue remnant from a worker etc.

That percentage is probably even massively higher for homecooked food that isn't handled with special care. So yeah, clickbait once more.

Ok, now the real question. How much of that DNA is semen?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here