Alien 5 Delayed Indefinitely Due to Prometheus 2

Pages PREV 1 2

Casual Shinji:
Good.

This means we'll only get one likely failure as opposed to two.

The idea of retconning 3 and Resurrection out of existence seemed horribly arrogant anyway. And thankfully Blomkamp's marshmellow man sized social commentary won't be yet another black mark against this franchise.

What you didn't want to see how he would make the alien and its interactions somehow reflect SA social issues?

Silentpony:
Oh for fuck's sake!
No one liked Prometheus! No one liked Alien 3!
Everyone liked Aliens! Get a clue, Hollywood! You're worse than EA!

I liked Alien 3. It may be due to Stockholm Syndrome mixed with nostalgia, but it is way more watchable than Resurrection.

So is Ridley Scott holding Alien 5 as hostage depending on whether people like Prometheus 2 or not? If that's the case my hopes of ever seeing it have been significantly lowered.

Wow...so much acidic xeno blood in this article and comments, I can hear it hissing through the floor.

I feel like such a philistine now for actually enjoying, almost all the Alien movies, Prometheus, Chappie, AND the AvPs. I mean I liked the first 2 Alien movies the most, like the general population, but I thought all of them had their place. I'm pretty much happy for any of these to come along, although something along the lines of Aliens (2) would get me hyped more than anything else.

Personally a huge fan of Blomkamp's work, so the sooner Alien 5 can happen the better. Although I don't know about that holographic sight, if you're going to put one on a Pulse Rifle at least rework it to make it look more cohesive with the weapon.

Ehhh...it does kind of suck to see Alien 5 not happen, though tbh I didn't expect much, though I do not like the idea of Prometheus 2 since the first one was...garbage, oh well, I have the other movies I can just watch again, Hollywood could you please just either stop making movies, or actually...I dunno make good movies? I mean Alien 3 wasn't bad, aside from the shit CGI, and I also liked the AvP movies, aside from the annoying human characters, and we don't talk about Alien Resurrection...ok checkered history but come on! Pull yourself together!

Do I want Alien 5 or Prometheus 2? Decisions, decisions.
I'll always be a fan of the first couple of Alien movies, so there's that.
Then again a Prometheus sequel can do nothing but improve... right?

thaluikhain:

slo:
Well, you are free to think the way you do, but I don't remember anything especially stupid, considering what is there to consider.

Most obvious thing to me is, before the first two people (stupidly) get themselves killed, they are worried about some lifeform running around the big alien building. At which the captain of the ship, and the entire crew go to build. Nobody is on watch, which is a terrible idea in general, but especially when two people are in peril.

Also, if the super rich old guy thinks his personal safety is at risk enough to have one armed (and pretty useless) minder follow him to meet the alien, why does he not have a platoon of ex-Special Forces mercenaries, or synthetics or something? Not like he's short of cash, and this was his last shot at not dying.

As you might know already, one of the novel ideas behind the Alien movie is that space explorers aren't your shiny Star Trek captains but are instead your average blue collar workers. They're truckers, they move shit through the universe and there's nothing special or exciting about. And the spaceships they work on are dark and dirty places and not flying Apple stores.
Now if you look at the crew of the Prometheus, half of them are that, and the other half are nutters. I mean they're searching for a physical god in the outer space, of course they are nutters. It is said in the beginning of the movie, that they only took fanatics to their expedition. Not professionals, fanatics.
And this puts most of the things into place. It is a rag tag team of who knows who. Some of them are too out there, others aren't, and that's precisely the reason why they don't give much fuck. Except maybe the captain.
Some of them don't even know what their mission is. Probably just signed something and went straight to the sleeping pod.
And for nutters searching for a physical god and truckers that don't give a fuck they're pretty rational. Bored? Fuck someone. Scared? Get stoned. Shaw is probably the only one with some light in her eyes.

Janichsan:

slo:
So yeah, go Ridley. Make another movie some people won't get. I probably will since my perception is a little different.

*snort* Yeah, sure. How does it live with such an overblown ego?

From where you are now you can't even imagine what it is like to live with such an overblown ego as mine. It stretches above the stars, it crushes civilizations. It reaches out to the unspeakable horrors of the dark depths beyond time and space just to have a cup of tea with them. I could probably kill a godzilla with just my ego alone. That's the real power behind watching an occasional weird movie and liking it.

Johnny Novgorod:
Do I want Alien 5 or Prometheus 2? Decisions, decisions.
I'll always be a fan of the first couple of Alien movies, so there's that.
Then again a Prometheus sequel can do nothing but improve... right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

But if I have to choose, Prometheus 2. As poor as the first film was, its timeframe/setting has a lot of untapped potential. I'd argue that some of that's even paid off, such as the viral marketing campaign that went with it. It's similar to what I've seen people comment about the Star Wars prequels - whatever the quality of the movies themselves, the associated material (e.g. expanded universe) is quite good. That's already paid off with the promotional EU material for Prometheus as well.

Nice bit of unbiased reporting there mr Jones. /sarcasm off

Honestly i'm thrilled at this. I thoroughly enjoyed Prometheus despite all it's flaws (Though they really should have kept the Engineer speaking in the movie) and can't wait to see where Scott goes next.

I'll take that over an Alien reboot with 'a cool new pulse rifle' (Which looks overdesigned btw) anyday. This all started with Alien, not Aliens remember?

I think the key to a good Prometheus 2 (or whatever we're calling it) is to not let Lindeloff near the script again.
The key to a good Alien 5 (or whatever that one will be called) is to not let Blomkamp write the script at all.

Silentpony:
Oh for fuck's sake!
No one liked Prometheus! No one liked Alien 3!
Everyone liked Aliens! Get a clue, Hollywood! You're worse than EA!

I like Prometheus, and I like Alien 3, and I know for a fact that I'm not alone on both of those opinions. Nor is the quality of any movie an indication of how good it's sequel will be. The butthurt in this thread is so unwarranted it's hilarious.

Did someone particularly ask for Prometheus 2? I certainly didn't, and I thought neither did the world after the rather awkward disappointment the first one was. It wasn't rotten to the core or anything, but definitely plagued by a total horseshit script.

Casual Shinji:
And thankfully Blomkamp's marshmellow man sized social commentary won't be yet another black mark against this franchise.

This was always my problem with Blomkamp...there's ham-fisting social commentary into movies, and then there's going with Blomkamp's style of portrayal. Knowing him, the message of Aliens 5 would likely be yet another story regarding the immigration issue in which the actual Aliens are made to represent illegal aliens just wanting a better life...by chewing our faces off and bursting out of our chests, but shame on us for blasting them to bits just because of their culture of face-chewing and chest-bursting.

This is good news to me. Retconing Alien 3 is a stupid move as I thought it was a decent film. But these idiots actually think they can get away with pretending they didn't happen? they might as well call it Alien 3 remake or The Alien. bunch of idiots. I hope it never comes to be.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.