The New Batman v Superman Trailer Has Wonder Woman and ... Humor?!!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The New Batman v Superman Trailer Has Wonder Woman and ... Humor?!!

It just got a whoooole lot longer until March 25th arrives.

When the first teaser trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice dropped back in April, it promised more of what we've come to expect from a DC-Zack Snyder picture, which is to say: Darkness, brooding, and no parents. Not that there's anything wrong with that, because hearing Bruce Wayne deliver the ominous line "Do you bleed? You will." should have been enough to give even the least comic-booky of those among us a raging Batboner.

The trailer for Batman v. Superman that debuted last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live, however, might catch you a bit off guard. Why? Because aside from revealing both Wonder Woman and freakin' Doomsday (!!!) in all their infinite glory, it actually contained a couple moments of Whedon-esque levity.

Take for instance, the moment Wonder Woman shows up in the nick of time to save Batman from an untimely destruction via Doomsday's heat vision.

"Is she with you?" asks Superman.

"I thought she was with you." quips Batman.

That'll do, DC. That'll do. (As will that killer "clown" burn Wayne hits Kent with during their meet.)

What else? Well, aside from showing us that the intro to Batman vs. Superman will likely feature the climactic battle of Man of Steel from Wayne's perspective, the new trailer also reveals an army of wasp-looking soldiers that would be hard not to compare to The Parademons and a series of absolutely epic explosions that help you understand the film's even more epic budget, so check it out above.

Source: StoryPick

I know the director claims this won't be cluttered. But Superman, Wonderwoman, Batman, Luthor and Doomsday? I simply don't see how all those characters and villains can be introduced all at once without serious clutter.

Great job talking about the new trailer, while imbedding the old one. Is this a rights issue, or simply a mistake?

Elijin:
Great job talking about the new trailer, while imbedding the old one. Is this a rights issue, or simply a mistake?

Yep, that's me being a dum-dum. Give it a couple minutes and it should be all good.

Do not watch the trailer if you intend to watch the movie... they spoil every plot point in the movie. If there's more plot points than they reveal in the trailer, this movie will be even worse than the first Synder Superman, and that's saying a lot.

Neato.

New trailer looks pretty cool. While everything doesnt need to be the Avengers or GoG, DC cinematic universe definitely needs a touch of levity, so good direction.

Ok I admit I did chuckle at Lex remark on Clark handshake but I am still not convince to check it out in the cinema!

So they're still pushing for SUPERMAN VS BATMAN even though they ended up showing that yes, they will resolve their differences and team up to fight the big bad, making their conflict effectively useless? It's like they aren't even hiding how contrived this flick is. And I wouldn't really call any of the supposed "humor" actually funny - more awkward than anything. Especially Luthor's dialogue. Every line he uttered felt forced as hell and made me cringe.

Also, DOOMSDAY?! REALLY? Luthor goes Frankenstein on Zod and makes Doomsday? You're gonna waste the antagonist to the Death of Superman on presumably the last quarter of the film where he's killed by rookie Superman and his new Super Friends? He's gonna seem like such a jobber now. Would have been a hell of a lot better to introduce Bizarro here, especially if was meant to ruin Superman's reputation.

Don't think they stuffed enough spoilers into the trailer. I mean, we still don't know what kind of car Lex drives!

I liked the previous trailer, it actually got me excited for this movie when before I wasn't. And now this trailer has made me decidedly less excited again. Generally if they make a trailer like this, that's justa quick recap of the entire film that's a really bad sign for the quality of the actual release.

ShakerSilver:
So they're still pushing for SUPERMAN VS BATMAN even though they ended up showing that yes, they will resolve their differences and team up to fight the big bad, making their conflict effectively useless? It's like they aren't even hiding how contrived this flick is. And I wouldn't really call any of the supposed "humor" actually funny - more awkward than anything. Especially Luthor's dialogue. Every line he uttered felt forced as hell and made me cringe.

Also, DOOMSDAY?! REALLY? Luthor goes Frankenstein on Zod and makes Doomsday? You're gonna waste the antagonist to the Death of Superman on presumably the last quarter of the film where he's killed by rookie Superman and his new Super Friends? He's gonna seem like such a jobber now. Would have been a hell of a lot better to introduce Bizarro here, especially if was meant to ruin Superman's reputation.

For all I know mabye it is Bizzaro and his "Bizarro" form turns him into Doomsday.

ShakerSilver:
Also, DOOMSDAY?! REALLY? Luthor goes Frankenstein on Zod and makes Doomsday?

I feel Luthor IS Doomsday here, which is probably even worse. Not that I had high hopes for the movie to begin with.

Bindal:

ShakerSilver:

I feel Luthor IS Doomsday here, which is probably even worse. Not that I had high hopes for the movie to begin with.

Didn't Moviebob criticized Doomsday in the Death of Superman comic for just being "an evil monster" and nothing else?

Him being Zod or hell even Luthor fixes the problem of Doomsday being a rather bland monster villain right?

ShakerSilver:

Agreed.

I was already pretty unimpressed with the casting and snippets released thus far, but this trailer has confirmed for me that this film is going to be trash. The dialogue and delivery on display in that trailer is unbelievably cringe worthy. Eisenberg looks like hes trying to ham it up as the Riddler rather than depicting Luthor.

I also find myself having an immediate dislike for Affleck as Batman. Can't put my finger on exactly why though. Just doesn't come across as smart enough or something *shrug*

Honestly the only good thing in this whole trailer was Wonder Woman. She actually looks on point.

Also whoever made the trailer, the music score was terrible. Re-watched the Cap Civil War trailer again and just as a 'trailer', it blows the BvS one out of the water in my opinion.

Samtemdo8:

Bindal:

ShakerSilver:

Didn't Moviebob criticized Doomsday in the Death of Superman comic for just being "an evil monster" and nothing else?

Him being Zod or hell even Luthor fixes the problem of Doomsday being a rather bland monster villain right?

I have to agree.

The new origin for the Mandarin worked in Iron Man 3. I have no issue with re-imagining Doomsday, since he's the most overrated and one-dimensional (high-profile) character in the DC Universe.

I've gotta admit, the trailer (finally) made the movie look interesting to me. The prior one and all the production pics looked excessively nolany (overly serious, totally brooding, bleh). In all honesty, I am now more interested in this movie than Civil War.

ron1n:

ShakerSilver:

Agreed.

I was already pretty unimpressed with the casting and snippets released thus far, but this trailer has confirmed for me that this film is going to be trash. The dialogue and delivery on display in that trailer is unbelievably cringe worthy. Eisenberg looks like hes trying to ham it up as the Riddler rather than depicting Luthor.

I also find myself having an immediate dislike for Affleck as Batman. Can't put my finger on exactly why though. Just doesn't come across as smart enough or something *shrug*

Honestly the only good thing in this whole trailer was Wonder Woman. She actually looks on point.

Also whoever made the trailer, the music score was terrible. Re-watched the Cap Civil War trailer again and just as a 'trailer', it blows the BvS one out of the water in my opinion.

Its hard to not think your a Marvel fanboy when you think the trailer to Captain America 3 is better.

I mean really you hate the music? I admit the music was nothing special but I don't remember any music for Captain America 3 :P Both are equally forgettable in terms of music. And besides it trsailer music.

And really the dialoge is cringeworthy what the FUCK are you ears listening to. The only cringeworthy is mostly coming from Jesse.

Ben Affleck and Henry Carville so far has decent acting. And at least Ben Affleck is probably the most buff Batman we ever had in live action.

And Herny just LOOKS like Superman to me. Right down to the Clefted Chin.

Spoiler: Lex uses Hair Club for Men.

I don't like how one of the top bad villains of DC is shoe-horned in as the first bad guy. They're taking the villain that KILLS Superman and making him the first fall guy in the series to get the Justice League going. That just doesn't sit right.

Feeling pretty luke warm on this one

1. Entire plot ruined for me. Having watched everything up to this point theres not going to be any surprises.
2. The CGI style and that ridiculous Batman costume are crushing my soul.
3. Doomsday really? No build up? Man there was like an entire and thoroughly amazing season of Justice league built around doomday and were just gonna knock him out in the first movie? In the blandest way possible?

All that said I'm still looking forward to it. Despite being a massive massive star wars fan I'm at best going to go see star wars maybe a week or two after the excitement dies down. the whole thing reeks of safely pandering to the lowest common denominator star wars fan and only exists to make money, this on the other hand even if it totally sucks ass looks like it will do it in a spectacular way. It really feels like a movie they wanted to make even if Zack doesn't seem to "get" what made the comics great.

I was genuinely excited for a Dark Knight Returns inspired film, though it looks like were basically going to get the JL DCAU adapted for Live action I'm also kind of excited for that too.

ShakerSilver:

My feelings exactly, such a waist of this villain who could really do more good in MoS 2 by killing of superman and making the JL panic until he returnes for a big JL movie (or something to that effect) This trailer really killed this movie for me. I will wait for Netflix to get it.

Samtemdo8:

Its hard to not think your a Marvel fanboy when you think the trailer to Captain America 3 is better.

I mean really you hate the music? I admit the music was nothing special but I don't remember any music for Captain America 3 :P Both are equally forgettable in terms of music. And besides it trsailer music.

And really the dialoge is cringeworthy what the FUCK are you ears listening to. The only cringeworthy is mostly coming from Jesse.

And it's hard not to think you're a DC fanboy when you call anyone that disagrees with your view a 'fanboy'. Pointless opening there.

I'm not the only one, plenty of people have been heaping crap on the terrible accompanying score. Considering a trailer is meant to build hype and excitement, yeah the music does kind of matter. I'm not holding that against the film, just pointing it out within the vacuum of a trailer. Disney/Marvel have their shit together when it comes to trailers. Oh and they don't feel the need to give away the entire plot in them either.

Feel free to disagree on the dialogue, but that scene at the end where he's like 'She with you?' 'I thought she was with you'...really? You try and push this super serious, bitter battle of two titans and it ends with that? Please. Was like a cheesy tv commercial ending.

And at least Ben Affleck is probably the most buff Batman we ever had in live action.

... so they look like the characters, ergo that makes them good actors? Seriously?

Samtemdo8:

ron1n:

ShakerSilver:

Agreed.

Ben Affleck and Henry Carville so far has decent acting. And at least Ben Affleck is probably the most buff Batman we ever had in live action.

Idk man I thought the civil war trailer was pretty amazing it managed to hit me in the feels. Every where I've checked fanboys or no the agreement in the Civil war trailer was crazy good, this BVS trailer is just making everyone angry.

ron1n:

Samtemdo8:

And it's hard not to think you're a DC fanboy when you call anyone that disagrees with your view a 'fanboy'. Pointless opening there.

I'm not the only one, plenty of people have been heaping crap on the terrible accompanying score. Considering a trailer is meant to build hype and excitement, yeah the music does kind of matter. I'm not holding that against the film, just pointing it out within the vacuum of a trailer. Disney/Marvel have their shit together when it comes to trailers. Oh and they don't feel the need to give away the entire plot in them either.

Feel free to disagree on the dialogue, but that scene at the end where he's like 'She with you?' 'I thought she was with you'...really? You try and push this super serious, bitter battle of two titans and it ends with that? Please. Was like a cheesy tv commercial ending.

And at least Ben Affleck is probably the most buff Batman we ever had in live action.

... so they look like the characters, ergo that makes them good actors? Seriously?

At least I admit I'm a DC fanboy and I am hype for this movie. I hold no secret.

I screenshotted Supes, Bats, and WW posing in the end of the trailer.

As to the forced "Humor" I think you can blame the people complaining that Man of Steel was too serious and lacked any humor. If no one complained then they would not add lines like that in the movie.

I mean the Author of this article confirms it. He watched Man of Steel and noticed the lack of any humor and here he makes the title saying ".....And HUMOR?!"

And yes I personally think the actors are doing a good job as their roles as Superman and Batman. Especially the Henry as Superman when it comes to acting.

The only person I am still miffed about is the actress playing Lois Lane.

Bindal:

Doosmday is going to be made from Zod's corpse.

I can't help but think this is bad guy pile up in the Spiderman 3 style. I'd like to have seen more of Zod as Zod, with Doomsday being his own character. While we're at it, what are those bug things? Some little fear says they're going to be Para Demons and Darkseid is going to figure into this movie somehow...

piscian:

Samtemdo8:

ron1n:

Idk man I thought the civil war trailer was pretty amazing it managed to hit me in the feels. Every where I've checked fanboys or no the agreement in the Civil war trailer was crazy good, this BVS trailer is just making everyone angry.

I'll see Captain America 3. And I really want to see Cap beat the shit out of Iron Man the arrogant prick. The only thing I am excited for with these Marvel movies is seeing Thanos in action with his Gauntlet.

But goddman you have no idea how hard it is to be a DC fan when too many people I see on the internet bashes the upcoming movies just because they are not like the Marvel movies.

fix-the-spade:

Bindal:

I can't help but think this is bad guy pile up in the Spiderman 3 style. I'd like to have seen more of Zod as Zod, with Doomsday being his own character. While we're at it, what are those bug things? Some little fear says they're going to be Para Demons and Darkseid is going to figure into this movie somehow...

What bug things?

fix-the-spade:

Bindal:

That's what I was thinking, but they couldn't possibly be that stupid. I wouldn't expect Michael Bay to be that stupid. I'm all for having Darkseid in another film, but this is a mess already. Classic example of what happens when you make a film by committee.

Suicide Squad looks pretty good though.

ShakerSilver:

As someone who has no idea who Doomsday is, can someone explain what the big deal is? I mean, he's obviously going to be used to force Batman and Superman to work together, which is an incredibly lazy way of doing that. But is he actually an interesting character that's wasted on this movie, or is my initial impression of "generic big-ass monster" basically correct?

piscian:

I'll also admit to being a DC fanboy (well Batman really).

However I honestly don't get why everyone went crazy over the civil war trailer it wasn't anything amazing in the slightest and didn't make me excited for the film. I absolutely love the first two Captain America films and am really looking forward to Civil War the trailer just did nothing to add to that other than make me comment yeah still looking forward to it. A lot of my facebook went crazy nuts for it so I must be missing nothing.

Equally though this trailer had issues I much preferred the Comic-Con (which really had me excited) one, specifically revealing Doomsday as a crap CGI monster? Yeah naff looking, don't think using Doomsday is he's great as a generic badguy to get some superheroes to team up to beat him. There are variety of other villains (Braniac, Mongul, Darkseid etc.) that can kill Superman that will have a far greater story arc for a later film than Doomsday who is generic monster 101.

Theminimanx:
As someone who has no idea who Doomsday is, can someone explain what the big deal is? I mean, he's obviously going to be used to force Batman and Superman to work together, which is an incredibly lazy way of doing that. But is he actually an interesting character that's wasted on this movie, or is my initial impression of "generic big-ass monster" basically correct?

Nope your good his only claim to fame is he killed Superman in fact he only existed to give Superman a generic villain to be killed by. There's been a lot of attempts to try to make him something interesting post Death of Superman but none have really hit home.

Anyone moaning the use of Doomsday just want everything to be exactly the same as the comics with little alteration to what certain characters are supposed to do. No matter how poor that idea might be.

Theminimanx:

ShakerSilver:

Basically he was an ancient creature that once lived on Kryton during its pre-historic eras. He went on Ravaging other Worlds until somehow he was restrained an imprisoned and ended up beneth the Planet Earth.

Since his initial appearence in Death of Superman later adaptions changed him, added to his origin, or retconned him into a different origin.

This movies Doomsday seems most likely that he is a mutated Zod made from what ever kinds of fucked up experiments Luthor was doing.

It's a more promising trailer than we've been shown for a while, I'll give it that. I hope WW's actual reveal is a little more gradual and thoughtful than just "And this person shows up during the final battle un-introduced, but we assume you all know everything you need to know anyway."

Callate:
It's a more promising trailer than we've been shown for a while, I'll give it that. I hope WW's actual reveal is a little more gradual and thoughtful than just "And this person shows up during the final battle un-introduced, but we assume you all know everything you need to know anyway."

Wonder Woman did appeared in the eariler comic con trailer.

With one sequence of her in a dress in a fancy party and another of her going inside a car.

And Superman and Batman's exchange:

"Is she with you? I thought she was with you?"

So they clearly knew here before hand.

Ralancian:

piscian:

I'll also admit to being a DC fanboy (well Batman really).

However I honestly don't get why everyone went crazy over the civil war trailer it wasn't anything amazing in the slightest and didn't make me excited for the film. I absolutely love the first two Captain America films and am really looking forward to Civil War the trailer just did nothing to add to that other than make me comment yeah still looking forward to it. A lot of my facebook went crazy nuts for it so I must be missing nothing.

Equally though this trailer had issues I much preferred the Comic-Con (which really had me excited) one, specifically revealing Doomsday as a crap CGI monster? Yeah naff looking, don't think using Doomsday is he's great as a generic badguy to get some superheroes to team up to beat him. There are variety of other villains (Braniac, Mongul, Darkseid etc.) that can kill Superman that will have a far greater story arc for a later film than Doomsday who is generic monster 101.

Though I was prepared for it with how small the marvel universe has gotten after AoU I'm still a little disappointed that were not getting a real civil war, however the trailer did a good job of selling this smaller Team Cap versus Iron Man storyline. Since this is a Captain America movie that seems like the right path anyway. I was also very worried about Black Panther but he looked really good in the trailer. From my perspective Marvel comics have been moving towards a maturity that I still enjoy as an adult where (main series) DC has been on a hamster wheel ironically since Death of superman, maybe thats part of why the Marvel trailers are hitting me more I'm not what Id describe as fangirling over it but more just relieved, really relieved. People going batshit over the civil war are just fangirling same as idiots who had seizures just because Han solo showed up in a star wars trailer.

Judging , from watching "Death of superman lives" and watching Warner bros closely over the years on their production choices, I'm very very very(not enough verys) confident that Brainiac is in the lead for the villain of the next superman movie.

As it sits now though I agree the CGI doomsday is wtf, the rest is fine, specifically the hate for the new Lex is beyond me. I've seen so many elseworlds of Lex Luther be awesome I'm always open to a new interpretation.

Samtemdo8:

fix-the-spade:

Bindal:

What bug things?

There are weird flying things in the trailer, almost like the Geonosians from Star Wars wandered on set (in addition to the LotR cave troll playing Doomsday). They pop up about two minutes in, just before Supes tells Batman to stay down. No idea what they are or how they fit in, but they seem to be fighting those Superman-logo-wearing soldiers that we've seen before

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here