More Street Fighter IV Characters "If There's Demand"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

More Street Fighter IV Characters "If There's Demand"

Street Fighter IV has a pretty big cast for a fighting game - but it could potentially be even bigger, the game's producer told Famitsu, specifically mentioning the two characters from Super Street Fighter II that didn't make the cut.

The console version of the title that hit shelves yesterday already has a bigger roster than seen in arcades, including Street Fighter Alpha cast members Sakura, Rose, Gen, and Dan. Also returning are two of the "New Challengers" that first made their appearance in Super Street Fighter II: Kung-fu movie star Bruce L - er, Fei Long, and British special agent Cammy. However, there were four new characters in Super SF2 ... what happened to the other two? Where are Native-American T. Hawk and Jamaican kickboxer Dee Jay?

According to SF4 producer Yoshinori Ono, the development team had originally planned to include them - indeed, they still "want them in!" In fact, the discs whirring away inside many an Xbox 360 or PS3 might actually contain some character data - both characters had modeling done up to the "pre-texturing" phase, and T. Hawk actually has SF4 gameplay data. According to Ono, "If user's [sic] make their voices know [sic], this prep work is something we can revive at anytime."

Of course, this begs the question: How would you deliver them? Would they be downloadable content, similar to the alternate costumes? If so, how do you compensate for balance, so that someone doesn't get an unfair advantage over another player just because they have the extra cash to fork out for additional characters?

Also, nostalgia aside, T. Hawk and Dee Jay aren't the most memorable cast members in the Street Fighter series. Personally, before we get either of them, I'd love to see some faces from Street Fighter III: Ibuki, Dudley, and Alex, anyone?

On the other hand, we could always just wait for the inevitable release of Hyper Street Fighter IV: Worldwide Championship Edition EX 3.

(Famitsu, via Kotaku)

I demand. And I'm not a developer, so I'm not increasing supply. In fact, maybe I should start kidnapping developers to make supply go down.

If?

Do not have them as DLC. Please just add them in a new game. We all know they will because Capcom has that habit of making 4-5 different versions of each Street Fighter (except the first one).

Its a pity they didn't include Hokuto from EX +alpha. I really liked her whole counter, evasion style -- even if it was bloody difficult to actually use effectively.

Also Kairi, for that whole RAAAAAAA!punchpunchpunchpunchpunchrightthroughyourgutsomehow special attack he had.

I know its all about the money, but if they were smart they would just utilize the technology of the 360 and PS3, and just make characters downloadable. I'm sick of the Street Fighter games having expansion 'games' and not expansion 'packs'. In the next few months (or hopefully sooner), they should release 4 new characters in a DLC pack. That would be awesome. And, hopefully, out of those 4 characters, they would include Sean =) . Yes, you'll find that I'm very partial to the Ryu, Ken, Dan, and Akuma-type fighters, and I need Sean to feel complete about SF4, lol.

They better be free.

I'd also put back in Cracker Jack, Doctrine Dark, Skullomania, Evil Chun Li, Rainbow Mika, Sodom, Pullum and Omega Tom Hanks.

Zippy1313:
Do not have them as DLC. Please just add them in a new game. We all know they will because Capcom has that habit of making 4-5 different versions of each Street Fighter (except the first one).

Thats becuase they couldn't update them....

The new patch is coming out in summer, pretty close with the PC release.

still no news on the announced SSF:II HD REMIX patch though.

The_root_of_all_evil:
I'd also put back in Cracker Jack, Doctrine Dark, Skullomania, Evil Chun Li, Rainbow Mika, Sodom, Pullum and Omega Tom Hanks.

MUGEN would be proud...

I wish they would put Yun in though, that would be awesome.

Oh and if you unlock some of the artwork they have a drawing of a Hugo and Posion look-a-like... that would be interesting.

But if they dared to put Evil Ryu from Alpha 2 GOLD.... my life would have reached the high point... :]

The fact that R. Mika isn't in it troubles me greatly.

Is Cody in SFIV? If he is I might have to go buy this game now.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_Alpha/Characters/Cody

Cody was the man for me :P. I liked him a lot.

sigron12:
I know its all about the money, but if they were smart they would just utilize the technology of the 360 and PS3, and just make characters downloadable. I'm sick of the Street Fighter games having expansion 'games' and not expansion 'packs'. In the next few months (or hopefully sooner), they should release 4 new characters in a DLC pack. That would be awesome. And, hopefully, out of those 4 characters, they would include Sean =) . Yes, you'll find that I'm very partial to the Ryu, Ken, Dan, and Akuma-type fighters, and I need Sean to feel complete about SF4, lol.

Again, They couldn't update games back then...

and besides they know people wont buy a game twice... the Economy just doesnt allow that purchase to the average person.

theultimateend:

NOPE!!!

sucks I know

why the hell would anyone want those two?
They suck.
Nuff' said.

For me, the top four (tier wise) from 3s, Yun, Makoto, Urien and Dudley. It should come out in a DLC pack instead of entirely new games based off the same game. And also it should come with minor balance fixes, (make RSF easier but only up to 3 times, no chicken wing infinite, give sakura her old j mk etc)

I would love to see more characters make it to SFIV like Ibuki, Makoto, Yin, Yun, etc. I say "would" because I don't know if it is what's best for SFIV, a game that is incredibly balanced. Adding more characters could ultimately throw off that balance unless the developers went back through the ENTIRE game and had to re balance EVERYTHING...

If Capcom is going to have to create another "expansion" game in the future to add these characters, i'll withdraw my demand because i'm really tired of having expansion games like all the SFII versions out there. Just give us DLC online, don't go out of your way to make a completely new game...

BLOONINJA 503:

theultimateend:

NOPE!!!

sucks I know

Damn that is tragic. Oh well.

barryween:
They suck.
Nuff' said.

It's a pretty good rule to follow that when someone says "nuff' said" they've said nothing at all in the first place.

theultimateend:

BLOONINJA 503:

theultimateend:

NOPE!!!

sucks I know

barryween:
They suck.
Nuff' said.

God damn it! How did HE find out the golden rule. But seriously, I ment it as "I would rather see other characters (R. Mika!!!) than them"
ENOUGH said. :)

It's a pretty good rule to follow that when someone says "nuff' said" they've said nothing at all in the first place.

MrBrightside919:
I would love to see more characters make it to SFIV like Ibuki, Makoto, Yin, Yun, etc. I say "would" because I don't know if it is what's best for SFIV, a game that is incredibly balanced. Adding more characters could ultimately throw off that balance unless the developers went back through the ENTIRE game and had to re balance EVERYTHING...

If Capcom is going to have to create another "expansion" game in the future to add these characters, i'll withdraw my demand because i'm really tired of having expansion games like all the SFII versions out there. Just give us DLC online, don't go out of your way to make a completely new game...

OMFG!!!

They arent gonna make expansions like they did before

barryween:

theultimateend:

BLOONINJA 503:

theultimateend:

NOPE!!!

sucks I know

barryween:
They suck.
Nuff' said.

God damn it! How did HE find out the golden rule. But seriously, I ment it as "I would rather see other characters (R. Mika!!!) than them"

To be fair I thought you were bashing Cody or RMika and that's why I went batshit (well my kind of batshit).

As for the native guy and Deejay. The thing I like to remind people about Deejay is that he's the black version of Dan. By that I mean he's the black comedian character. I can't remember which anime it was but whatever SF anime had DeeJay I remember him being an utter slapstick character. Shit never went his way.

If they integrated that into his character I'd enjoy it.

theultimateend:

barryween:

theultimateend:

BLOONINJA 503:

theultimateend:

NOPE!!!

sucks I know

barryween:
They suck.
Nuff' said.

To be fair I thought you were bashing Cody or RMika and that's why I went batshit (well my kind of batshit).

As for the native guy and Deejay. The thing I like to remind people about Deejay is that he's the black version of Dan. By that I mean he's the black comedian character. I can't remember which anime it was but whatever SF anime had DeeJay I remember him being an utter slapstick character. Shit never went his way.

Nope. Just Deejay and Birdie or whatever their names r.

barryween:

theultimateend:

barryween:

theultimateend:

BLOONINJA 503:

theultimateend:

NOPE!!!

sucks I know

barryween:
They suck.
Nuff' said.

Nope. Just Deejay and Birdie or whatever their names r.

Birdie was a really powerful character in Alpha 3. I had a few friends that played him extremely well. T.Hawk however (the native american) was more of a joke character.

DeeJay was iffy...fight wise he felt like a weird not scary version of Saggat.

Dee Jay can kick ass in the right hands.

T. Hawk can go fuck off(& Im Mexican)!

To be honest, I don't see balance as much of an issue if this goes the DLC route. The character balance in this game is spot on: each person has no definite advantage over any other. I'm all up for some extra buttkicking options.

scotth266:
To be honest, I don't see balance as much of an issue if this goes the DLC route. The character balance in this game is spot on: each person has no definite advantage over any other. I'm all up for some extra buttkicking options.

Not true. People can spam Akuma's super fireball (reverse Hadouken+p) and get what amounts to an ex-fireball with no penalty. The game mechanics in general cause the game to degenerate into a ken,ryu,akuma fest online because those three characters have the best moves given the engine design.

I never cared much for Deejay or T.Hawk. I think I would consider putting in some of the other ousted characters from Alpha/Zero. Karin, Rainbow Mika and Guy were fun to play as. At least, IMO.

I never really liked anyone from SF3.

shadow skill:

scotth266:

Not true. People can spam Akuma's super fireball (reverse Hadouken+p) and get what amounts to an ex-fireball with no penalty. The game mechanics in general cause the game to degenerate into a ken,ryu,akuma fest online because those three characters have the best moves given the engine design.

Methinks you need to play more Sagats.

BLOONINJA 503:

MrBrightside919:

OMFG!!!

We'll see...

CantFaketheFunk:

shadow skill:

scotth266:

Methinks you need to play more Sagats.

It is only Ken, Ryu, and Akuma/Gouki becuase they are the easiest to learn, not the best.

I main as Rose and Shoto's cant even begin to comprehend my strategy when I kick their ass.

Right now the best player in the world for SF:IV uses Dhalsim.... Thats right.

too lazy to post the link, search youtube.

MrBrightside919:

BLOONINJA 503:

MrBrightside919:

OMFG!!!

We'll see...

No you'll wait and see. I'll enjoy the game.

BLOONINJA 503:

Damn what crawled up your ass and died? Why do you feel the need to be such a douche towards me?

MrBrightside919:

BLOONINJA 503:

Damn what crawled up your ass and died? Why do you feel the need to be such a douche towards me?

ah shut up and grow some tough skin.

Are just looking for something to get offended by???

No insult intended, but since I forgot to put a smily at the end you assume its an insult.

I meant that the smart ones will just play the damn game and not limit ourselves.

BLOONINJA 503:

MrBrightside919:

BLOONINJA 503:

ah shut up and grow some tough skin.

Are just looking for something to get offended by???

No insult intended, but since I forgot to put a smily at the end you assume its an insult.

I meant that the smart ones will just play the damn game and not limit ourselves.

I smell a winner for douche of the month award...

"No insult intended"

The_root_of_all_evil:

You're missing out Evil Ryu, Guy, Blair, a slice of Garuda and more importantly Kairi from that line up(but only ex plus alpha kairi not the EX2 or EX3 versions)

until they find a way to put all the characters from every game, we'll keep crying about the same problem over and over again.

If there's Demand

=

We're gonna charge you to download character packs lulz

CantFaketheFunk:
Ibuki, Dudley, and Alex, anyone?

Hell yeah! The three best characters from SFIII.

I'd also like Guy from Street Fighter Alpha in there but only because I'm a Final Fight fanboy.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here