Fans Make LittleBigContra

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fans Make LittleBigContra

Thank God It's Friday - to help ease into the weekend, why not check out LittleBigContra: a shot-for-shot faithful rendition of the classic Konami shooter starring Sackboy?

I'm not sure I even need to say anything more than "really, just watch the damn video!" We've always known that the depth and flexibility of LittleBigPlanet has been something else, letting users create everything from working calculators to marriage proposals. But ... for me, anyway? This takes the cake.

Every single time I saw something in this video and found myself saying "Oh hell, no way they're topping that," guess what? The folks from the NeoGAF forums who put together LittleBigContra managed to best themselves. Turret placement, boss battles - they're all there, and they're all completely accurate to the way you remember it from the original game.

The only thing it's missing seems to be the Konami Code. Sorry, Sackboy, no thirty extra lives for you.

I've really failed to understand the attraction behind LittleBigPlanet. It's just not there for me, honestly - it looks like a game that thrives upon having no set storyline, and just being adorable and (unfortunately, somewhat repetitive).

I can honestly say. I understand now.

Amazing work. Shame it'll most likely be locked by the moderators for copyright infringment.

That. Was. Amazing.

I'm gonna play that right now.

Now that looks pretty damn good.

Freakin' Epic.

You guys aren't gonna believe this, the Konami code is there. You use the sticker and it unlocks the extra lives.

zeldakong64:
That. Was. Amazing.

Seconded.

Despite what Yahtzee says, User Generated Content can be fricking awesome, provided you get the right users. :)

FUCKING A!!

I havn't seen something so damn amazing.

If this gets pulled, I'm going to protest Sony's headquarters.

RAWKSTAR:
FUCKING A!!

So you didn't just see the video?

I want this game more than ever now.

awsome

ironfist86:
Freakin' Epic.

I was just about to say that.

THAT is awesome. Very well done! If I had LBP, I would download that without hesitation.

gmer412:

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to protest at Konami Headquarters?

My guess is, this gets bundled up as the next pack, along with.....oh hell they can't add anything that would make it more awesome than it already is.

Indigo_Dingo:

gmer412:

My guess is, this gets bundled up as the next pack, along with.....oh hell they can't add anything that would make it more awesome than it already is.

Oh, right... well, why not both? (If anyone from either company ever reads this, please don't pull it down! Yes, I know that this will never happen.)

gmer412:

RAWKSTAR:
FUCKING A!!

So you didn't just see the video?

Ahhh I see my mistake :D
You know what I mean though...

gmer412:

Indigo_Dingo:

gmer412:

Oh, right... well, why not both? (If anyone from either company ever reads this, please don't pull it down! Yes, I know that this will never happen.)

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to protest at Media Molecule headquarters?

Lukeje:

zeldakong64:
That. Was. Amazing.

Seconded.

Theirded.

thatstheguy:

gmer412:

Indigo_Dingo:

gmer412:

I'm going to need a few plane tickets...

thatstheguy:

gmer412:

Indigo_Dingo:

gmer412:

Media Molecule don't have headquarters, they live in space, on a station made entirely out of unicorns, chocolate and dreams.

sheic99:

Contra or LBP?

Lukeje:

sheic99:

Contra or LBP?

Considering the latter will allow the former, but not the other way around.....

This seems like a lot of effort to go to for some nostalgia...

Indigo_Dingo:

Lukeje:

sheic99:

Contra or LBP?

Considering the latter will allow the former, but not the other way around.....

Until they take it down for breach of copyright anyway.

that was the most epic thing i have ever seen on the internets.

Uncompetative:
This seems like a lot of effort to go to for some nostalgia...

Oh I'm willing to bet he will be the toast of the evening when he show that off at a collage gamming night!

It is games like this and RPG maker that really shows who has the will and dedication and talent who can take an idea, any idea and create an enjoyable gaming experience. It is a shame I don't have a PS3 or else I would get it for LBP because it is a game where if you do some digging you can truly find that one gem in a coal mine.

The third cover leaves a bit to be desired, but I just need a link to download the first two remixes.

As for the level itself, cut the music and it feels very sluggish. Anyway, if that's a PR stunt, good job guys.

That's all three flavours of awesome.

Woah that is wicked!
5 seconds later.

*We interrupt your escaping, this just in! Mods deleted the level over copyright bullshit!*

Wow...just...wow. Thats amazing. I'm pretty much speechless, other than this sentence.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here