Bayonetta is Joining Super Smash Bros

Pages PREV 1 2

IceForce:

Neverhoodian:

dirtysteve:
The Usual Suspects on Twitter are now claiming her as a feminist icon, and alleging that "misogynists" are angry at her inclusion.

Oh, isn't that just adorable. That turnaround was so fast it gave me whiplash. Guess they saw which way the wind was blowing for that particular debate.

Huh, I guess you two must've missed Leigh Alexander's comments about Bayonetta, from October last year:
https://twitter.com/leighalexander/status/521796696934981632

Pfft, everyone knows all feminists everywhere have to conform to the same set of opinions, handed down on high from the Dark Lord Voldekeesian herself.

Hades:
This news just made my day. Bayonetta gets more recognition she deserves and Nintendo seemed to have actually valued EUROPE's opinion! That's new! I can also totally see her interacting with Pit.

The reaction of fans annoy me a great deal. I get the anger about Corrin but what's so bad about Bayonetta? People are even voicing doubts she did well on the ballet. I'm finding it petty and more than a little ungrateful.

That's just the way of fandoms to complain about new things. for example zelda wind waker was lamented for it's artstyle being "childish". then 3 years later the much darker twilight princess was panned as "depressing". when skyward sword tried to find a point in the middle of relaistic/dark and cartoonish/cheerful people still complained aboout it appearantly for no better reason than the fact that it was different from occarina of time, a game with characters with edges on their faces you ccould cut cheese with

Now all this game needs is playable ghirahim and every pokemon ever to have the perfect roster

McMarbles:

IceForce:

Neverhoodian:
Oh, isn't that just adorable. That turnaround was so fast it gave me whiplash. Guess they saw which way the wind was blowing for that particular debate.

Huh, I guess you two must've missed Leigh Alexander's comments about Bayonetta, from October last year:

Pfft, everyone knows all feminists everywhere have to conform to the same set of opinions, handed down on high from the Dark Lord Voldekeesian herself.

Yep. In the same way gamers are a bunch of men-children mysogknees who would never vote for a women who is considered a feminist icon...

Wait a minute...

Grahav:

McMarbles:

IceForce:

Yep. In the same way gamers are a bunch of men-children mysogknees who would never vote for a women who is considered a feminist icon...

Wait a minute...

So we're agreed. Generalizations are stupid.

So why is it okay to generalize feminists here, but god forbid someone DARES suggest anything about gamers?

Let's... let's not. Not here. GID is for the fighting.

Would've preferred Banjo and Kazooie, this was certainly unexpected.

Not unpleasant, but I really didn't see it coming.

Can't wait

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or