Final Fantasy XV Confirmed For 2016 Release

Pages PREV 1 2

Affordablequote:
You're all so fucking depressing.

No, they're having a good time. You're the only one that is depressing, letting other comments get you down. It's not like this is new.

Affordablequote:

Eh, I played the demo and didn't like what I played, and I sank quite a bit of time into it trying to find something to like about it. Yeah, yeah, not the final version, but I highly doubt the finished product will be all that much better. I know it's an MMO, and sure it's not nearly as pretty, but Final Fantasy XIV is a hell of a lot more fun to play.

Other than that, I think one of the bigger reasons expectations are low among other people is the convoluted development cycle this game had, as games with such long and overly complicated developments don't usually turn out to be very good. There are exceptions, but the way Square Enix has handled Final Fantasy lately, I think we're all pretty skeptical that this will be the one where they get it right.

Of course, I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong. I love Final Fantasy, including a lot of the spin-offs, so to see the franchise get a single player game that can revive the series would be great.

Affordablequote:

This is Humor, Good Sir.

Final Fantasy XIII and it's ilk were depressing(in pretty much every way possible). That and TWO MMO's and one MMO wannabe have a lot of us feeling that the last real Final Fantasy game was IX or X(depending on where you draw the line).

SE wants us to believe in the series again, they need to actually deliver a good game for the first time in 15 years. The trust we used to have is no longer there.

Or they could just give in, admit they really just want to make movies and just make movies from now on.

Edited for content.

Dalisclock:

Affordablequote:

This is Humor, good sir.

Final Fantasy XIII and it's ilk were depressing(in pretty much every way possible). That and TWO MMO's and one MMO wannabe have a lot of us thinking that the last real Final Fantasy game was IX or X(depending on where you draw the line).

Well, some also say that XII was good too. But I played only up to a certain point and only remember that kid characters Vaan and Penelo were awful and combat system was boring. However I also remember liking gambits and other party members. Plus the story was intriguing, at least.
Anyhow, I'll have to replay it at a certain point in the future, when either inevitable PC port or inevitable HD remaster comes out.

Fox12:

drkchmst:
Why is my response "no it won't"?

In any case Persona 5.

Nailed it.

It's only taken them 10 years to finish it. But why should I care when there's Atlus?

10 years since it was announced. Who knows how long it was in development before that. Wish this was an anomaly but with squenix this sort of development cycle is all too familiar.

Dalisclock:

Affordablequote:

Final Fantasy XIII and it's ilk were depressing(in pretty much every way possible). That and TWO MMO's and one MMO wannabe have a lot of us feeling that the last real Final Fantasy game was IX or X(depending on where you draw the line).

I drew the line at FF6, sadly enough. FF9 was alright, but it didn't compare to 6. The closest thing in recent times, for me, is FF14. Granted it is an MMO but, it's one with a decent story thus far and the appearance of some notable FF6 creatures makes me want to see where they're taking the story next. Also, Warriors of Darkness made an appearance, which is pretty cool, too.

Not looking forward to this FF entry; its showcasing of graphics and cinematics lead me to believe they don't have much in the way of story in this one. Going to pass on getting it, unless I come across information about the story actually being decent.

Wait... is it April Fool's Day already? This definitely feels like an article that should have gone up on April 1st, not January 1st.

Well good to see that Cloud Queen of the desert will be released eventually.

Dalisclock:

Affordablequote:

This is Humor, Good Sir.

SE wants us to believe in the series again, they need to actually deliver a good game for the first time in 15 years. The trust we used to have is no longer there.

Or they could just give in, admit they really just want to make movies and just make movies from now on.

Edited for content.

Well, time to raise my nuclear shields.

*Deep breath*

I had fun with the XIII series.

Sure, their stories aren't great (he said rather optimistically). Their gameplay, though, I found to be enjoyable enough that I finished all three games.

Sure, they're not games I see myself replaying, at least not anytime soon, but I don't think they were the devil incarnate like many FF fans think.

I found it more engaging than FFVII, at least.

PC version or the highway! This game looks really good, so I hope they won't ignore selling extra copies.

dragongit:

Affordablequote:

I have to agree. People are quick to shit on this before we've even gotten our hands on it. People say the demo is good, if they keep up with that it should be at the very least a "good" game. I have confidence it will be "very good" to "great". People go on as though it shouldn't be finished because it was in development so long, and then what should Square do? They would be worse off NOT finishing it, and making no money off it, then releasing it to slightly depressing sales. For all we know it could still be a break through release. Especially if they added say... a demo for another upcoming title.I will be buying this day one, for sure.

Now you know how I feel when people shits on Batman v Superman and the Warcraft movie.

Samtemdo8:

dragongit:

Affordablequote:

I have to agree. People are quick to shit on this before we've even gotten our hands on it. People say the demo is good, if they keep up with that it should be at the very least a "good" game. I have confidence it will be "very good" to "great". People go on as though it shouldn't be finished because it was in development so long, and then what should Square do? They would be worse off NOT finishing it, and making no money off it, then releasing it to slightly depressing sales. For all we know it could still be a break through release. Especially if they added say... a demo for another upcoming title.I will be buying this day one, for sure.

Now you know how I feel when people shits on Batman v Superman and the Warcraft movie.

I will personally say I don't really have an interest in the Batman Superman movie, but thats mostly because I'm not a huge fan of DC to begin with. The Warcraft movie however I do have an interest in.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.