25% Off Dragon's Dogma & Rise of Tomb Raider for PC

25% Off Dragon's Dogma & Rise of Tomb Raider for PC

January release marks the arrival of PC ports.

PC ports are what's in for new releases this January. Coming out next week is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and not long after that Rise of the Tomb Raider. Both games are 25% off after coupon at GMG for the Steam copy - best price online from an authorized retailer and both copies will include their respective pre-order bonus..

The Steam Winter sale ended Monday, but all the good PC gaming deals aren't completely dead yet. In fact one of the best selling games of 2015, Fallout 4, is still at its all time lowest price ever. Right now GMG has the price 17% off instantly to $49.79 and a stacking 20% off coupon code, which drops the price to $39.84. Ties the all time low we last saw on December 22nd which lasted only about 4 hours.

With it being 2016, most handheld gamers will already have the 3DS, but if anyone's interested in the 2DS, Nintendo is selling refurbished units for only $60. This is a historic low for the 2DS and includes a full year's warranty. Also on sale is a rare discount on the White limited edition 32GB Deluxe console bundle with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land.

Big Deals of the Week

Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (Steam) - $22.50.

Releases January 15. List is $30. Deal expires January 12.

Rise Of The Tomb Raider (Steam) - $45.00.

Releases January 28. List is $60. Deal expires January 12.

Fallout 4 (Steam) - $39.84.

List is $60. Deal expires January 8.

Nintendo 2DS - Refurbished (Electric Blue, Crimson Red) - $60.00.

List is $100. Deal expires January 6.

Wii U 32GB Deluxe Console + Mario 3D World + Nintendo Land (Refurbished) (White) - $235.00.

List is $300. Deal expires January 6.

PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection Bundle - $289.99.

List is $350. Deal expires January 11.

New Nintendo 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition - $174.99.

List is $200.

Dark Souls II Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) - $19.99.

List is $120.

Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition (Steam) - $13.60.

List is $40.

Upcoming Releases

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster (Steam) - $15.00.

Releases January 19. List is $20. Deal expires January 12.

Microsoft Xbox One 500GB Name Your Game Bundle - $349.99.

Releases February 2. List is $350.

Street Fighter V (Steam) - $45.00.

Releases February 16. List is $60. Deal expires January 12.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Steam) - $45.00.

Releases February 23. List is $60. Deal expires January 12.

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from Dealzon. If you want to save money on game deals, check in weekly for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

Dragons Dogma is definatly worth it... unless ofcourse they fucked up the port... wich could very well be possible seeing its a capcom game.

Really good game with a storyline thats all over the place, but with the best boss battle of all time in my opinion. No other game has you chased through ruins by a gigantic dragon, shooting it down with an arbalest, then ride on his back through a canyon till it crashes into a crater and then fight it on food for the final showdown. And did i mention that not ONE of these things happen to be quick time events?

Thats right.. an entire epic, cinematic boss fight with not a single quicktime event... you see that western developers? Thats how you produce a memorable bossfight.

Karadalis:
Thats right.. an entire epic, cinematic boss fight with not a single quicktime event... you see that western developers? Thats how you produce a memorable bossfight.

I liked QTEs when God of War first did them, but then everybody and their mother did them. With games as early as Shadow of the Colossus doing epic boss fights without them, it feels like they really have no reason to exist anymore.

But yeah, Dragon's Dogma was pretty great. Story was a mess, and the pawn system was a bit annoying (the game was practically begging to be multiplayer), but it was a fun experience. I'm not sure whether I'd buy it again, though. Maybe if the port ends up not sucking.

Makes me wonder if they'll ever localize Dragon's Dogma Online. It's not utterly terrible, I've heard.

Mahorfeus:

Karadalis:

I liked QTEs when God of War first did them, but then everybody and their mother did them. With games as early as Shadow of the Colossus doing epic boss fights without them, it feels like they really have no reason to exist anymore.

But yeah, Dragon's Dogma was pretty great. Story was a mess, and the pawn system was a bit annoying (the game was practically begging to be multiplayer), but it was a fun experience. I'm not sure whether I'd buy it again, though. Maybe if the port ends up not sucking.

Makes me wonder if they'll ever localize Dragon's Dogma Online. It's not utterly terrible, I've heard.

Yeah the story was a bloody mess... so many story strings that ended up leading nowhere... main quests that had really nothing to do with the overall story (that goblin siege comes to mind) and characters that looked very interesting but never really got any time to shine.

The expansion is alot better... allbeit very short and demands an allmost max level character. Could have used random dungeons too since the main goal is to grind for the best equipment in the game.

The pawn system was only annoying cause the bloody dolts never shut the hell up and repeated themselves over and over again. Swear to god i tossed pawns over cliffsides and into oceans because after the 7950 time someone shouts "HARPIES!" you kinda get annoyed.

But yeah, only get the game if the port is good and you dont allready own it for console... since i highly doubt that capcom will add mod support or even will allow a modding community to flourish... you know.. japanese publishers/devs and modding... not something that goes well together.

As for dragons dogma 2... maybe... i think this port is testing the water for a localized version... and thus i dont have high hopes since dragons dogma is completly unknown with the PC gamer crowd and the one feature that would make it famous, aka modding, is allmost certainly an impossibility. (seriously.. the game would be awesome with mods)

Also on QTEs:

Quick time events where neat when they where introduced to add flavour to bossfights and then developers got lazy and used them so excesively they replaced bossfights in some cases (resident evil 6 knife fight with mutant soldier comes to mind)

These Steam deals must not be available everywhere. My Steam lists Fallout 4 at $79.99 CDN.

from the footage of pre-release copies, the port seems really good. It runs at 60+ FPS and has a pretty sizable options menu. They upgraded the graphics a little, seems the shadows have improved the most. As for mods, while the game won't have any dedicated modding tools, they have said they don't care if you mod it anyway. I haven't heard how good the keyboard + mouse controls work yet, though.
I will probably pick it up for the better frame-rate alone. Dragon's Dogma on PS3 is probably the only game that's frame-rate actually bothered me...

NinjaTank56:
from the footage of pre-release copies, the port seems really good. It runs at 60+ FPS and has a pretty sizable options menu. They upgraded the graphics a little, seems the shadows have improved the most. As for mods, while the game won't have any dedicated modding tools, they have said they don't care if you mod it anyway. I haven't heard how good the keyboard + mouse controls work yet, though.
I will probably pick it up for the better frame-rate alone. Dragon's Dogma on PS3 is probably the only game that's frame-rate actually bothered me...

Capcom not caring if you mod their game? Huh.... who would have thought that. And can agree with that.. if they actually put work into the port that it should look great on PC

I'm wondering how they'll handle the special gear (outfits that were exclusively availabe to original DD owners and rewards from Dragon-Ur kills. Will they allow people to mod them into their games? Or, being Capcom, will they come up with some bullshit system to prevent it?

Also, no Berserk gear.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here