Watch: The New Suicide Squad Trailer

Watch: The New Suicide Squad Trailer

Is this the real life?

Here it is! The newest trailer for upcoming Suicide Squad movie aired tonight on The CW, and it's punctuated by Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. It's crazy, it's fun, and it's got plenty of new stuff to analyze until the next trailer hits. Written and directed by David Ayer, Suicide Squad features the likes of Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Will Smith, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Cara Delevingne, Jai Courtney... the list goes on.

The trailer comes one day after Warner Bros. debuted new posters of the "worst heroes ever," which you can check out here.

Suicide Squad opens on August 5, 2016.

"We're bad guys. It's what we do."

Harley and Boomerang are the only hope because they're the only ones looking like they're having fun.

Looks like they ready to murder and cause as much damage as they can while being so called heroes xD I love the suicide squad comics. Cant wait to see how each of em die

The trailer sound design was nearly perfect, when Jai Courtney opened his soda, it sounded like part of the start of the bridge riff. And then they started the full riff anyway.

Should have left it. Otherwise, props to those that cut the trailer.

Am I the only who thinks bohemian rhapsody while a fantastic song didn't really fit this trailer.

Seems like the best non batman DC movie yet!
Which is a really really low bar.
So meh, a GOTG ripoff that might not be terrible.

Bohemian makes 50% of the good things in this trailer, I liked a lot the trailer in first viewing, the second time not so much. I can't get over how much Margot sounds and looks like (a young) Jaime Pressly

I was hoping that Leto's Joker was only going to get a one scene cameo. Apparently not. Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

If I want to be completely honest I found this trailer probably on par with the Guardians of The Galaxy trailer(s)[1], but that's mostly due to the music.

Theorizing/Observation time:

• Can't help but think that Waller conversation is one of the first things we see in the film. Either first or second scene, perhaps only preceded by giving one or two members of the squad some background either in a flashback or flashforward in the film.
  • Whatever that thing in the subway was, it doesn't resemble anything else we've seen so far, so I'm under the assumption that might be the main threat of the film. Coloring of that explosion 2:03-2:04 in also looks pretty close to whoever/whatever that was in the subway.
  • Leto Joker falling into a pit of presumed chemicals/sewage water?! And is he rescuing Harley or someone else? Is this actually taking place in the film or should I just chalk it up to a flashback? I know it's at least got me interested
  • [1] Which was the main contributor to wanting to see the film because I wasn't too interested in the MCU until that point and I'm never too in love with sci fi films set in space

So yeah I was out of the loop for over a year about this movie. Is the Joker actually appearing in this movie or is he just a "dark passinger" in Harleys head? I allways got that Tyler Durden "vibe" since the first teasers.

Raidenko:
    So yeah I was out of the loop for over a year about this movie. Is the Joker actually appearing in this movie or is he just a "dark passinger" in Harleys head? I allways got that Tyler Durden "vibe" since the first teasers.

*Mind Blown*

Never thought to look at it like that.

That would be such a ballsy plot twist if they went ahead with that!

Tyler Durdening Leto's Joker for Harley would be weird, since it's Jason Todd.

I just realise something, with Batman vs Superman also coming out this year, I would actually prefered to watch this than BvS.

Scarim Coral:
    I just realise something, with Batman vs Superman also coming out this year, I would actually prefered to watch this than BvS.

Batman v Superman is coming in march and this in august so that's a poor excuse.

PapaGreg096:
    Am I the only who thinks bohemian rhapsody while a fantastic song didn't really fit this trailer.

I thought it was also trying too hard to be like Guardians of the Galaxy. And I hated that movie.

Stupidity:
    Seems like the best non batman DC movie yet!
    Which is a really really low bar.
    So meh, a GOTG ripoff that might not be terrible.

Non-Batman movie, yet it has Joker and Harley :P

Holy shit there is WAAAAAY too much going on in this movie... How the hell are they going to balance out this bloated mess? To be honest the trailer did not even really show what the main plot of the movie IS...

Well... it doesn't look bad, just very disjointed. The trailer only told me one thing; that they're a bunch of conscripted criminals being sent on some sort of suicide mission. Granted, that's more than the GotG trailer told me.

Still, I'm getting the feeling this movie might be suffering from a bloated script.

Mangod:
    Well... it doesn't look bad, just very disjointed. The trailer only told me one thing; that they're a bunch of conscripted criminals being sent on some sort of suicide mission. Granted, that's more than the GotG trailer told me.

Still, I'm getting the feeling this movie might be suffering from a bloated script.

The seemingly bloated script is largely due to the fact that of course DC wants to make a Cinematic Universe so they have to shoehorn in every detail. Exactly like how comic books can get bloated aswell.

Marvel as of late is guilty of this aswell. I mean look me in the eye and tell me Avengers 2 is not a bloated mess. It has been confirmed that there was an hour of footage cut from the movie.

Hm. The first trailer was dark and gritty, much like all the DC stuff lately but this one is much more upbeat and comedic like it's trying to emulate Guardians of the Galaxy or, more likely, Deadpool.

To go from the psychotic crime drama feel of the first trailer to this wacky action movie vibe in the second makes me think that either this movie is going to be horribly disjointed or Warner Brothers has no fucking clue how to market something that isn't Batman.

It really feels like someone in the marketing department over at WB saw the trailer for Deadpool and said, "Let's do that! Show the goofy one liners and match the music up to what's happening on screen! Admit how dumb these characters are! That's what the kids are into nowadays, right?"

Though to be honest I'm actually glad to see a trailer for a DC property that isn't 100% serious grittiness. I doubt I'll see this movie but, hey, at least they're trying.

Yeah. OK.

It still looks oddly cheap and, I dunno... rough around the edges? But I can see this being some decent goofy fun.

that ass doh. even if i didnt like the look of this movie which i really do. i will watch it for forgot robbie......man i would wreck that chick!

I'm finding a fence to sit on as this movie is something I want to work but frankly going by what DC have done so far and as the sorce matrial is pretty dark i'm not sure this is going to work in anything under an 18... oh yeah and others have said the CGI and other things look cheap.

Yeahhhhh this one's a GotG/Deadpool ripoff and GotG didn't include stuff that would immediately turn me off like "damaged" actually being a tat on Joker's face and Harley's stupid "sorry, the voices told me that" line.

And then it's gonna come out, the people who like it are gonna like it except it's not gonna have "blah blah blah" then Will Smith's gonna get mad if they don't nominate him for an Oscar.

Then again, I stopped watching DC super hero movies at Dark Knight Rises so maybe I'm not one to judge. Except that's what trailers are supposed to do.

Man, Hot Topic is going to have a field day when all the edgy teens buy the merch from this movie. Also, it speaks volumes of the film when fucking Jai Courtney looks like he's going to be the best part.

WonkyWarmaiden:
    Hm. The first trailer was dark and gritty, much like all the DC stuff lately but this one is much more upbeat and comedic like it's trying to emulate Guardians of the Galaxy or, more likely, Deadpool.

To go from the psychotic crime drama feel of the first trailer to this wacky action movie vibe in the second makes me think that either this movie is going to be horribly disjointed or Warner Brothers has no fucking clue how to market something that isn't Batman.

It really feels like someone in the marketing department over at WB saw the trailer for Deadpool and said, "Let's do that! Show the goofy one liners and match the music up to what's happening on screen! Admit how dumb these characters are! That's what the kids are into nowadays, right?"

Though to be honest I'm actually glad to see a trailer for a DC property that isn't 100% serious grittiness. I doubt I'll see this movie but, hey, at least they're trying.

For what it's worth, I was listening to Kevin Smith's podcast about comics and such called Fat Man on Batman, and apparently he was talking to either David Ayer or someone else associated with the film after the first trailer who claimed they weren't completely happy with it because it didn't show how funny the movie is. Apparently they wanted to get the tone across with this second one more clearly. I didn't love the trailer but I think this is more accurate of what we'll get upon release.

I've always known that the Escapist forums were a haven for the most diehard of Marvel fanboys. And after reading through the comments...I see things haven't changed.

Don't ever change, Escapist.

Doesn't look too much like shit.

I'm actually more curious at what that thing in the subway is. We see it's destruction throughout the trailer (the various melted shit laying around the city) and it's implied that "It" is what they were sent to stop? It seems to have melting powers, though probably not through intense heat. It's got tentacles that seem VERY "Prototype"-ish, so maybe it absorbs stuff? It could also be some sort of suit, because the close-up shot of it's head seems to have hair under the "rib/horn" portions.

Given the "plausible deniability" angle the Suicide Squad has, is it something Waller's people created? It would explain why they want villains to stop it instead of allowing Batman or Supes to handle it. Or maybe, the Squad's target is something else, and a battle between whatever that is and a super hero is meant to be a distraction.

Worryingly, at least to me, is that the thing in the subway is very.....Joker..colored..

Laying my money down now: Waller sends the squad to steal back a prototype armor that was created to fight superman, that was originally stolen by the joker. Near the end of the movie the Joker will probably put it on and cause havoc, probably after Harley betrays the rest of the group or something. And it will probably be like 75% flashbacks to set up the characters.

Looks fun. I mean fuck them for playing on my Queen fandom with the Bohemian Rhapsody theme, but looks fun.

Hopefully this will catapult Enchantress, and Katana to some level of popularity being their first movie, and all. Katana has barely gotten screen time on TV. Enchantress looking like a muddy Sadako doesn't likely help her much, though. :/
    Still, exposure, and some decent writing... well at least looking sufficiently badass can do wonders for a character that might otherwise be overlooked.

Leto looks like he might not be terrible as Joker coz he might be psychotic, and, well, make with the jokes, which is necessary for me to enjoy a Joker vision. Mannerisms are more important than appearances with me with a character like Joker. It's easy to be a psycho, it's hard to put the laughter in slaughter.

Double post. Sorry.

JUMBO PALACE:

WonkyWarmaiden:

For what it's worth, I was listening to Kevin Smith's podcast about comics and such called Fat Man on Batman, and apparently he was talking to either David Ayer or someone else associated with the film after the first trailer who claimed they weren't completely happy with it because it didn't show how funny the movie is. Apparently they wanted to get the tone across with this second one more clearly. I didn't love the trailer but I think this is more accurate of what we'll get upon release.

I knew there was going to be humor because of Harley and Joker's mere presence in the movie.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.