Watch: This is What Detective Pikachu with Danny DeVito's Voice Would Be Like

Watch: This is What Detective Pikachu with Danny DeVito's Voice Would Be Like

I choose you, DeVitochu!

Last night, we informed you of a petition that launched, calling on Nintendo to bring in Danny DeVito to voice Detective Pikachu in the event the game makes its way to the West. As unlikely as it may be that Nintendo will care much for a Change.org petition, I tossed my signature on it, and now I'm so glad I did. YouTuber Tealhollow1 has now made a demo, featuring Danny DeVito lines over the game's trailer, showing us just how magical this combination could be.

As of the time of this posting, the petition has over 20,000 signatures.

Great Detective Pikachu was announced earlier this week for the 3DS and is geared for release in Japan on February 3. There's not yet any word on a Western release.

You can also check out the original trailer, sans DeVito, below.

I'm sold. Didn't expect the voice to be that fitting. Granted, it's not perfect by any means, but that's partially because of the source of the lines being from movies.

This is outstanding. I'd watch a full movie about this.

I shouldn't have watched this. What ever they do now it will disappoint compared to that video.

Where's that petition?? Where's that petition, goddamnit???

Oh wait, it's in the article. Signed!!!

What a time to be alive.

How many times can you sign the petition?

I'm still kinda disappointed that they squandered the idea for this game, but having DeVito voice it would be amazing.

Bindal:
I'm sold. Didn't expect the voice to be that fitting. Granted, it's not perfect by any means, but that's partially because of the source of the lines being from movies.

All of the lines were from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, you philistine.

Mods, can you please clarify if it would violate the code of conduct to link to a video of naked sweaty Danny DeVito crawling out from inside a couch as long as it shows no genitals?

Okay, that convinced me, Det. Mantis Pikachu Private Detective it is.

Overhead:
Mods, can you please clarify if it would violate the code of conduct to link to a video of naked sweaty Danny DeVito crawling out from inside a couch as long as it shows no genitals?

I think since it was shown on TV, it shouldn't bring the mod wrath. But that's me.

MrCalavera:
Okay, that convinced me, Det. Mantis Pikachu Private Detective it is.

Overhead:

I think since it was shown on TV, it shouldn't bring the mod wrath. But that's me.

And yet that scene still haunts my dreams.

Well I asked in the Moderation team group chat and the question got deleted without being answered, so I think that's a no.

To explain It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia to those who haven't seen it, imagine a typical sitcom. Then 1) make it actually funny and 2) make it so that all the characters are horrible scumbags to the extent they will have storyline like "The gang tries to profit from a baby they find in a dumpster" or "The gang gets addicted to crack".

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here