Halo Franchise to Get a New Line of Toys From Mattel
Since the Halo franchise launched in 2001, there have been games, books and live-action films and toys. A deal with Mattel is going to expand the action figure line even further.
The Halo franchise has generated more than $5 billion in revenue since Halo: Combat Evolved launched in 2001. That includes not only the games, but books, consumer products and toys. A new deal between 343 Industries and Mattel allows the toy giant to offer fully licensed Halo products, including Mega Bloks and action figures.
"The success we've seen with the Halo MEGA Bloks franchise over the years laid the foundation for this partnership," said Bonnie Ross, Microsoft Corporate Vice President and Head of 343 Industries. "We're excited to work with Mattel to bring innovative, quality and, most of all, fun products to old and new Halo fans alike."
As part of the deal, two BoomCo. weapons - the Assault Rifle Blaster and Magnum Blaster - have already been added to the latest content update for Halo 5: Guardians.
"We're excited to expand our relationship with Halo and 343 Industries to create and collaborate on a broad range of multi-category toys and collectibles," said Joe Lawandus, SVP of Design and Marketing, Toy Box at Mattel. "From MEGA Bloks to blasters, action figures to radio controlled vehicles, our new line for 2016 features something for Halo fans everywhere."
Among the products to be shown off at the New York Toy Fair this weekend (along with the suggested retail price):
- Halo Mega BloksDual Mode UNSC Warthog ($29.99)
- Halo Mega Bloks Heroes Asst. II ($4.99)
- Halo Mega Bloks Fireteam Asst. ($15.99)
- Halo Mega Bloks UNSC Vehicle ($69.99)
- BoomCo. Halo UNSC MA5 Blaster ($49.99)
- BoomCo. Halo Brute Spiker ($19.99)
- Halo Warthog + 12" Master Chief ($49.99)
- Halo 6" Figure Assortment ($19.99)
- Halo Ghost Vehicle + 6" Figure ($29.99)
- Halo 12" Figure Assortment ($9.99)
- Tyco Halo Warthog ONI Anti-Tank Radio Control Vehicle ($49.99)
- Tyco Halo Warthog Light Reconnaissance Radio Control Vehicle ($29.99)
- Halo Energy Sword ($49.99)
- Tyco Halo Radio Control Vehicle *product title pending* ($29.99)
The toys are expected to be available from Mattel this fall.