Tons of Classic Windows 3.1 Games Just Added to Free Internet Archive

Tons of Classic Windows 3.1 Games Just Added to Free Internet Archive

Play classic Windows games like Skifree, Merlin and Flight Commander for free in your browser.

The Internet Archive has the noble goal of preserving our digital history as old operating systems, games, and software become obsulete. This time, they have really outdone themselves, adding over a thousand Windows 3.1 apps to its archives, including hundreds of classic Windows games like Skifree, Merlin and Flight Commander.

This means you can use all of these apps and play all of these games for free right in your browser using the archive's emulation technology. Click here to check out a showcase of some of the best titles available, including the ones pictured in the gallery bellow:

"Windows 3.1 still holds a special place in computer history, and we're pleased to give you a bridge back to this lost trove of software," wrote the Internet Archive in a blog post.

Source: The Internet Archive

No missile command/10

though this is pretty sweet! I remember ours came with a ton of freeware/shareware games, mostly demos of stuff like Commander Keen or other DOS platformers

Obbi:
No missile command/10

On the other hand with Skifree you will never do anything productive ever again, so it's kind of a moot point.

Somewhere out there is a mod that makes you the Yeti, I can feel it in my bones.

fix-the-spade:
SNIP

SkiFree really was the Dark Souls of the early 90s.

Twenty years isn't that long ago. Most of the people who made these games must still be around. What are they up to now?

I'm home...

Hope it has that Windows pack that included Skifree alongside that screensaver of the yacht race around the triangle course. That was the bomb.

Uh oh. Looks like Supergreatfriend's Saturday nights have just been booked for another decade or two.

Also typo "obsulete."

fix-the-spade:

Obbi:
No missile command/10

On the other hand with Skifree you will never do anything productive ever again, so it's kind of a moot point.

Somewhere out there is a mod that makes you the Yeti, I can feel it in my bones.

If you find it, share the love!

Marvelous- another few years at this rate and they'll start putting up Windows 95 games. I can't wait to play Emperor of the Fading Suns again!

Get on it, Archive. (Or GOG. Or Steam. Or somebody. Please?)

Hell yeah!

*clicks link*

"The following site was blocked by ROSCOMNADSOR"

Dammit. I actually wanted to play Politika and Missle Command. My country's censors are starting to get on my nerves.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here