Cliffy B Turned Down Offer From Hideo Kojima to Work on Silent Hill(s)

Pages PREV 1 2

Xsjadoblayde:
He looks, for lack of a better word, a bit of a douche. Never heard of him before either. At first i thought it was that terrible band Cliffy Biro or Biffy Clyro, i dont fckin know. So neither is a good first impression.

The picture is from almost twenty years ago. I honestly don't know why that's the one used, except maybe in a "Do you really think this guy can handle Silent Hill?" But even then, I think this picture does a better job of explaining why he'd be a bad fit for the series:

The first thing that entered my head reading this article and associated thread, is how fucked up are people in this world that basic humility and understanding of ones' abilities, strengths and weaknesses is something that must be recognized and praised. I mean come on, we have fucking morons like Kanye West who just spew non-stop self aggrandizing bullshit, we make the dumbest people famous and throw money at them.

What, is it so hard to just recognize you aren't god's gift every once in a while?

(apologies for OTT bitterness)

MysticSlayer:

Xsjadoblayde:
He looks, for lack of a better word, a bit of a douche. Never heard of him before either. At first i thought it was that terrible band Cliffy Biro or Biffy Clyro, i dont fckin know. So neither is a good first impression.

The picture is from almost twenty years ago. I honestly don't know why that's the one used, except maybe in a "Do you really think this guy can handle Silent Hill?" But even then, I think this picture does a better job of explaining why he'd be a bad fit for the series:

Though even to this day he's cursed with Douche Face. Again, can't place why, but I just have this inexplicable urge to give him a black eye from merely looking at his mug. Doesn't help that he's a hack, but even without that he's got an insufferable visage

Mr.Pandah:
Man, people love to hate on this guy, but he really brought some great games forth. Kinda sad to just see people jump on board of a hate train for him. He sounds like a great guy anytime I've ever read about him. He just has this down to earth kinda feel in terms of being real with who he is.

Its so sad to see. This attitude of hating Cliffy B started when Gears of War came out. People hate on that series for being the most popular "grimdark untraviolence" game when that's what all the AAA games were going for at the time.

Its also sad because I bet those same haters loved playing UT, Doom, and Quake growing up. The hate for Cliffy B is all essentially "he makes games I don't like because I feel I'm a 'Grown Up Gamer' even though I watch Gaurdians of the Galaxy."

Xsjadoblayde:

Wash your mouth out with soap. Jeez.

AzrealMaximillion:

Mr.Pandah:
Man, people love to hate on this guy, but he really brought some great games forth. Kinda sad to just see people jump on board of a hate train for him. He sounds like a great guy anytime I've ever read about him. He just has this down to earth kinda feel in terms of being real with who he is.

Its so sad to see. This attitude of hating Cliffy B started when Gears of War came out. People hate on that series for being the most popular "grimdark untraviolence" game when that's what all the AAA games were going for at the time.

Its also sad because I bet those same haters loved playing UT, Doom, and Quake growing up. The hate for Cliffy B is all essentially "he makes games I don't like because I feel I'm a 'Grown Up Gamer' even though I watch Gaurdians of the Galaxy."

And these same "Grown Up Gamers" will endlessly gush over the grim-dark aesthetic and ultra-violence of a game like Dark Souls.

The hypocrisy of this forum knows no bounds, I swear...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here