The Escapist Celebrates 20 Years of Resident Evil - UPDATE

The Escapist Celebrates 20 Years of Resident Evil - UPDATE

Resident Evil, the father of survival horror, celebrated its 20th anniversary this week. The Escapist is here to celebrate that milestone.

20 years ago Tuesday, Capcom's survival horror franchise Resident Evil wrapped its cold grip of terror firmly around the hearts of gamers. It was a massive success, and spawned half a dozen sequels, a stunning remake, countless spin-offs, and a successful film franchise, with movies released both in live action and CG. But more than that, Resident Evil gave birth to an entirely new genre - survival horror.

All this week, The Escapist celebrated the 20th Anniversary of Resident Evil. Here's our lineup of coverage for the week:

Monday 3/21 -
Resident Evil Needs a Reboot

Tuesday 3/22 -
Resident Evil - A 20 Year Retrospective
The Worst Companies in The World

Wednesday 3/23 -
Milla Jovovich Vs. Resident Evil
Evolution of the Resident Evil Zombie

Thursday 3/24 -
Behind the Voice - An Interview with Roger Craig Smith

Friday 3/25 -
Surviving Horror - A History of Survival Horror Video Games

Can't wait for "Yahtzee Celebrates 20 Years of Resident Evil". You know THAT would be fun.

FalloutJack:
Can't wait for "Yahtzee Celebrates 20 Years of Resident Evil". You know THAT would be fun.

Not for me because I am the biggest Resident Evil fanboy in this site.

I own all the games.

And I am one of those people that prefers the old school Tank Controls/Fixed Camara games more then others.

Samtemdo8:

FalloutJack:

Not for me because I am the biggest Resident Evil fanboy in this site.

I own all the games.

And I am one of those people that prefers the old school Tank Controls/Fixed Camara games more then others.

Hey, I have the first four games and watched the movies with actual interest. Nevertheless, if there's a lampshade available, it should be used.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here