Naughty Dog Dev Says the Next Game Will "Get Even More" Out of the PS4

Naughty Dog Dev Says the Next Game Will "Get Even More" Out of the PS4

Uncharted 4

Ahead of Uncharted 4's May 10 release, Naughty Dog is already expecting to do more with its next project.

Uncharted 4's Lead Designer Ricky Cambier recently told DualShockers that the company's next project will "get even more" out of the PlayStation 4.

"There are definitely areas that I can see that we will be able to do better things already, after this. You know, we have some really smart programmers at Naughty Dog, and I'm always pretty surprised of what they can do," Cambier said. "I think it was easier to get things up and at a certain level here, and we have some ideas that we'll work on in the future."

"I have a hard time seeing that it will take the same evolutionary jump as you know... the difference between the first Uncharted versus The Last of Us is enormous. But there is no doubt that the next thing we do, we're gonna get even more out of that PlayStation."

Uncharted 4's Technical Art Director Teagan Morrison recently revealed that Uncharted 4 has "bigger levels than we've ever had before. Maybe ten times the size, at least, of explorable space."

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End releases on May 10 on PlayStation 4.

I'm still hoping for maybe a return to old form. Last of Us and Uncharted are great and all, but I'd love to see Jak and Daxter again. Maybe go the same route as Insomniac and do a little reboot of the series.

Well that seems rather obvious.

I hope after this Naughty Dog can move on to a new IP, and not have to make that unnecessary Last of Us sequel. Give us Savage Starlight. Put that muscle behind a space adventure.

These developers are a prime example of how to use exclusivity to your advantage. With no need to optimize for a variety of different platforms or setups, you can focus wholly on the game. Am looking forward to their future work, consider me a convert. ;)

I care less about the power you can get out of the system and care more about the fun you can put into it. My favourite games for 2015 were KSP and Party Hard. Neither were graphically taxing and both can be played on my i5 tablet but their fun was far above ultra HD awesome grafix Battlefront

RicoADF:
I care less about the power you can get out of the system and care more about the fun you can put into it. My favourite games for 2015 were KSP and Party Hard. Neither were graphically taxing and both can be played on my i5 tablet but their fun was far above ultra HD awesome grafix Battlefront

I can see where you are coming from, but we will wait and see what happens. I want Naughty Dog buy Crash Bandicoot back and either make another one of those, or something that is not a third-person shooter. My personal favorite for 2015 was Transformers Devastation.

CoCage:

I can see where you are coming from, but we will wait and see what happens. I want Naughty Dog buy Crash Bandicoot back and either make another one of those, or something that is not a third-person shooter. My personal favorite for 2015 was Transformers Devastation.

I would certainly jump onto another Crash Bandicoot or Jack and Dexter game

well their programmers were smart enough to abuse the cell processor more than anyone else so they probably know a trick or two. though with PS4 using standard x86 hardware theres only so much you can do without cutting corners. oh, wait, i forgot, Naughty Dog is pretty good at cutting corners.

Uncharted 4 has 10x more explorable space? So it'll actually be pretty uncharted?

If there's any studio I'd trust to know how to get more out of a machine it'd be Naughty Dog. They performed miracles with the PS3 early on and at the end of the console life.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.