Titanfall 2 Launching Between October and December This Year

Titanfall 2 Launching Between October and December This Year

titanfall-2-social

EA confirmed that Titanfall 2 will be in our hands by the end of 2016.

Titanfall was a great game that unfortunately lacked the staying power that online shooters need to survive, something that Respawn hopes to remedy with Titanfall 2. Well, the good news is that the wait is almost over, as EA games has confirmed that the mechtastic sequel will hit the PC, Xbox One and PS4 between October and December this year.

EA CEO Andrew Wilson revealed the information during a conference call with investors today, commenting on the shooter's close release proximity to another recently announced EA shooter: Battlefield 1.

"We feel we actually have a really strong position to deliver the broadest set of gameplay mechanics as it relates to [the] first-person shooter genre across the two titles and feel very confident that we are well-positioned to do very well in that category in the year. Certainly you see the reception around Battlefield 1; we feel very good about that. The energy around Titanfall 2 is also building very nicely. We look forward to showing you more of both of those titles at EA Play in June."

For reference, Battlefield 1 currently has a release date of October 21, which would likely put Titanfall 2 into the November-December timeframe.

As for Titanfall 2, details are pretty scarce this time around but we know two pretty major features that were neglected from the first title will be present in the sequel: a singleplayer campaign and a PlayStation 4 release.

Source: GameSpot

I really did like Titanfall just a robot multiplayer shooter. But now theirs barely anyone online anymore just hope this one gets a bit more love and support. Look forward to sword fights now :D

Since it was on the Xbone, I never got a chance to play it since I have a PS4.

I'm pretty excited to get a chance to play this one since I hear the first one was a blast. I'm really not into online games, but I'm becoming more and more okay with them, and I wouldn't mind jumping into this one.

I also heard that the single player in the first one was a joke, so I hope they make it more meaty. Not holding my breath, but one can hope.

I'm looking forward to more news on this. Loved playing the first one on my friend's One, so I'll be watching this for more news. Cause I can finally play it on PS4!

Unfortunately its still stuck with origin so pthththththth.

i enjoyed the first. had its ups and downs but in the end you dont really want to play anymore. im really curious what changes will be there for the second. punching other mechs was fun.
but, now i got my self overwatch that is fun as well. lets see how long this will last.

As long as there is a single player campaign, and perhaps the ability to play it online with friends, I could certainly see picking this game up. The idea is great, I just wasn't interested in buying a Xbox to play it.

greyfox115:
I really did like Titanfall just a robot multiplayer shooter. But now theirs barely anyone online anymore just hope this one gets a bit more love and support. Look forward to sword fights now :D

I actually reinstalled it recently and there's a solid core of a playerbase, around 2,000 people. Not a lot, but finding a game doesn't take very long (As long as you just play the Team Deathmatch and not much else).

EA: "We've butchered all our creative sub-developers so that all we have remaining are those who can pump out shooter sequels. So much so that we're now going to pit our own Titanfall 2 against Battlefield 1. We're that brilliant!"

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here